Russia NT 2021

• Unlike other countries such as Turkey, Germany and Poland, Russia can perform satisfactorily with these 12 players! We saw "our beloved" Turkey yesterday, how it tormented itself with Romania 🤣🤣! The overrated Greece was directly trampled by Bulgaria.✌️

• They were not (Enina and Kotova) play in Russian team because of Busato experiment, who with these "giants" (Maligina and Brovkina) thought that Serbia, Italy, the USA and China would stop! I miss a good OH, for me this is Rusakova, enthusiasm and stable reception, but quite often she says what she thinks and that brings her only minuses! Pity😏

• Unlike other countries such as Turkey, Germany and Poland, Russia can perform satisfactorily with these 12 players! We saw "our beloved" Turkey yesterday, how it tormented itself with Romania 🤣🤣! The overrated Greece was directly trampled by Bulgaria.✌️

What the hell?:what:

• I can't believe Arina is participating this tournament. So this summer, she played VNL and OG, and in the past club season she pratically played as starter in Kazan (the year before that she played ECH under 17). Does Buzato want to break Fedorovtseva?

• Surprising that Russia now has more than a few viable options in the OH spot (each with different roles and strenths): Fedorovtseva, Voronkova, Smirnova, Parubets, Kadochkina, and possibly the Gatina sisters in the pipeline if they develop well. Looks like the Opp position is the one that is problematic. Most likely when Goncha retires next year from NT, I hope they integrate Akimova that girl looks promising.

Lastly, what happened with Romanova? I think she has some beef with Buzato we need someone to spill the tea lol

• I still wouldn't count Lazareva out. It's just the first match and a lot of things can change in a span of a few weeks. Sure, she wasn't spectacular but I thought she wasn't that bad. Although if she continues to be inadequate, I'm afraid her chances will soon run out. It would be interesting to see how Akimova would do in her place. Or maybe one of Fedorovtseva or Smirnova can play as Opposite. Although I personally think it would be a waste to put Arina in Opp position. She has potential to be an all-around OH.

• Lastly, what happened with Romanova? I think she has some beef with Buzato we need someone to spill the tea lol

I think Busato just prefers taller players. Maybe someone who has insider info in NT can share?

• Watched today's match, general impression is that this young team is weaker at reception (liberos underperformed especially) and weaker at MBs (only one block point from 3 MBs). Lazareva was doing okay for her first game as a starter but she however lacked the power to finish the spikes, not because of her techniques. I read Grecheva's interview as well, it sounded like Buzato was at odds with many other "professionals" and "fans" on the strategy to put this team together. During today's timeouts it also seemed to me the players mostly did not pay attention to what he was saying and cut him off whenever the horn sounded. Team chemistry did not look that great and this is something should not put it lightly.

• Surprising that Russia now has more than a few viable options in the OH spot (each with different roles and strenths): Fedorovtseva, Voronkova, Smirnova, Parubets, Kadochkina, and possibly the Gatina sisters in the pipeline if they develop well. Looks like the Opp position is the one that is problematic. Most likely when Goncha retires next year from NT, I hope they integrate Akimova that girl looks promising.

Agree. OH position seems that won't a problem for Russia in this cycle. Smirnova seems a promising one, but it's lame she doesn't play OH in Uralochka.

Now, there are other positions that worry: S, Opp, MB, L.

S: Well, this cycle I hope Busato calls other setters besides Startseva. Romanova, Filishtinskaya, and Popova are the best among Russian setters. I don't like Matveeva... she doesn't feed her MBs properly.

OP: This was the position I was worried about the most, but since there is Akimova now I think Russia found the best replacement for Goncharova. Yeah, I know Akimova shone at a junior level, but she isn't the typically tall error-prone opposite... her attacks were impressive (what I like about her is that she can kill OOS balls) and she could be really useful as Goncharova's backup next year! Let's see how she does in the Russian SL. Of course, Russia needs other opposites in order to play VNL, ECh, friendlies, etc. So... Busato should follow Lazareva and Russu's performance, both will play abroad (Fenerbahce and Alba Blaj, respectively) and hopefully, they'll improve there. Kadochkina could play Opp as well in case someone gets injured or underperformed. BTW, after Goncharova's retirement (probably in the WCh), I think Antropova should replace her if she decides to play for Russia.

MB: It seems the Koroleva-Fetisova duo will continue for one more cycle, but it's time to prepare other MBs. Lazarenko, Kotova, Brovkina, and Evdokimova must play these following years.

L: Unless Malova retires, I see this position in good hands. Of course, it's time to prepare other liberos: Zaytseva and Perova.

Although I personally think it would be a waste to put Arina in Opp position. She has potential to be an all-around OH.

Yeah. I read on other pages many ppl want Arina as Opp in order to compete with Boskovic and Egonu (you know, making rivalry... who's better than who, etc). It's a shame that those fans don't realize that it's better to have the best all-around OH instead of one opposite that'll play "alone" (since the other Russian OHs aren't the best of the world). Of course, Russia needs a top opposite (maybe Akimova or Antropova in the future?).

• I disagree on converting Arina to opp. Nowadays it is harder to find a decent Oh than dominant Opp. She is not terrible at reception anyways and she will improve it by playing Turkish league which is full of good servers

• Blockers don't excite me. I'm excited about the fact that none of these OH can take! How Kapustina all her life has not learned how to properly accept or Kadochkina, two seasons is OH in Dynamo Kazan. Simonenko, she may not have the best attack, but her reception is quite good. Still, I think that Rusakova could be the leader of this team, she has the necessary qualities and experience, and most of all sports malice.

still think the same?🤣🤣🤣

• My opinion about Russian players in European champ:

1. Fedorovsteva- she already cemented herself as the next dominant force in russia. Her debut is better than any of the new players after Goncharova.

2. Smirnova- decent player, good serves. Shes a good back up player.

3. Enina- weak blocker, Good slides.

4. Kotova- small for a middle blocker. good serve, decent attack.

5. Kadockina- im afraid that she is not that explosive. I am actually favoring akimova in terms of power, technique, guts and winner attitude.

6. Matveeva- she improved from VNL.

7. Pilipenko- will never be as strong as Malova.

8. Startseva- still the main setter for me.

can russia still send new players next week? Russia only has 11 players now.

• still think the same?🤣🤣🤣

Yes, why not think so ?! Russia plays with its 2nd team and a very young team! And we can't expect more than a quarterfinal from a team that is playing in a big tournament for the first time! Turkey? They play on a par with Romania and Sweden. I would think more about Turkey's game 😉

• Yes, why not think so ?! Russia plays with its 2nd team and a very young team! And we can't expect more than a quarterfinal from a team that is playing in a big tournament for the first time! Turkey? They play on a par with Romania and Sweden. I would think more about Turkey's game 😉

my point was about not bringing 14 players and you said it is not a problem. However now with Brovkina’s injury, Russia might be in a big trouble if another Mb gets injured

don’t worry about turkey, they are doing just fine. They will reach semis and probably get a medal😌

• Even with 11 players, I don't worry about Russia! This European is as important as seeing which of these players can be relied on in the future, so I am happy with any result from this team! I hope and wish Turkey a medal, but not like the Olympics ?! They went with the Big Basket, and finally South Korea brought you back to earth😏

• This loss against Belgium can be blamed by poor coaching. Smirnova was playing amazing for 2 sets then Busato for whatever reason replaces her in the 3rd set then never took out Kadochkina even after getting buried scores wise.

Busato did not have anyone to sub Kotova.

Did not have anyone to replace Lazareva when underperforming in the latter sets because Busato already subbed in either Kadochkina or Kapustina early in the set. Obviously Startseva cant replace any of the hitters. What the fckkk