Russia NT 2021

• When kadochkina entered, she attacked very well but then she was taken out, she needs more chances.Her receptions is pretty much the same as smirnova’s, but the difference is that kadochkina is wiser on her attacks…. busato should put her as a starter

Kasputina is really a mess on floor defense, she is not even a choice for sub, when she enters court everything gets worse

• Kadochkina has a certain dillemma. She's too weak at reception to be OH and she can't score at zone 2 to be effective as Opposite. Playing as non-receiving OH might work best for her but I'm not sure if the coach would like this kind of setup.

• I would have not minded Fetisova playing here. She finally worked herself somewhat into form and could have been really important player here.

Her and Voronkova at least would give Russia a fighting chance against the top teams. I'd like to think Busato knows what he's doing but bringing only 12 players when you have the option to have 14 is very hard to understand. Not to mention there isn't a single player who is steady in reception. So yes, the loss against Belgium is on him. I wonder if new players can be added?

• I think part of the reason the apparent 'fondness' by the players for Buzato, is that they can get their way with him. I mean, what was the reason she let Fetisova not take part in this tournament? Goncha skipping ECH I would understand, but the younger ones should play as much as possible IMO.

Also, taking Matveeva instead of Romanova (who is apparently not injured) and O. Efimova would have been a better decision. Matveeva don't really use the middles much (if at all).

• I didn't want to write this until you asked. Everything may look different from the outside, but the atmosphere in the team is not good rn. I was very disappointed when Buzato said we gave the players rest but the reality was different. Buzato invited them, but the players refused to play. Actually, he was surprised that the players refused his invitation (not only these players, there are other players that I know refused his invitation). It all started when Malygina was invited to the NT and it's been five years but it's like nothing has changed "Groundhog Day". After that, the players were complaining about his untimely substitution during VNL which destroyed the rhythm and self confidence of players. You know what happened after that, he said he prefer tall players, the Olympic squad was criticized by everyone including ex volleyball players etc. I don't want to go into more details. It seems to me, in a day a person can destroy the reputation he/she has earned for years.

• I didn't want to write this until you asked. Everything may look different from the outside, but the atmosphere in the team is not good rn. I was very disappointed when Buzato said we gave the players rest but the reality was different. Buzato invited them, but the players refused to play. Actually, he was surprised that the players refused his invitation (not only these players, there are other players that I know refused his invitation). It all started when Malygina was invited to the NT and it's been five years but it's like nothing has changed "Groundhog Day". After that, the players were complaining about his untimely substitution during VNL which destroyed the rhythm and self confidence of players. You know what happened after that, he said he prefer tall players, the Olympic squad was criticized by everyone including ex volleyball players etc. I don't want to go into more details. It seems to me, in a day a person can destroy the reputation he/she has earned for years.

isnt there any rule federation can force players to play in NT? Is it that easy to skip it whenever they feel like?

• That was what I figured as the case - players refused to participate - and these players also seemed like had their clubs backed them up. Dinamo Moscow has always been a main building block of the NT, but this time all key players were out of the ECh, "needing rest" and a key setter is "injured". Its club site has the minimum coverage of the ECh and the current NT, Both Gamova and Godina openly criticized Buzato, while Shevchenko openly defended him. All these smell like in-fight to me. It is pretty sad for such a volleyball power house is being dragged down from within.

I can be wrong, and hopefully I am wrong.

• I understand that players who were not invited by Busato earlier this year resused to play. And the teams obviously want their players preparing for the club season instead of having them back tired and maybe even injured just before the season. If Russia had a team with a chance to win the situation might have been different...

It seems to me that Busato is better at destroying players confindence than building it. Kapustina had a good club season (her reception was never above average though) and now looks to be afraid to come on court. Even in attack she seems to afraid to make a mistake (only Goncharova made more points then her last club season)!

• Kapustina had a good club season (her reception was never above average though) and now looks to be afraid to come on court. Even in attack she seems to afraid to make a mistake (only Goncharova made more points then her last club season)!

That's scary, at VNL i thought she just a newbie like Arina, and pretty amateur. I think Russia NT will be built from the scratch again.

• There is really something fishy going on. The fact that lazarenko is not even on a wide pool surprises me. Like wth, lazarenko has the best stats during superleague. And you put a midget kotova on MB position. Lol

Sorry but there's nothing fishy about it. People see and evaluate differently.

I would choose Kotova as well and I know there are others that would so too.

Lazarenko is a good attacker but a slow blocker so there's no point in bringing a lot of players with the same profile.

PS. But I agree that maybe in the wide roster she should be.

• It's time to give way to the young players, Goncharova can pass the baton to Akimova / Smirnova / Pisarevskaya / Antropova (as long as she wants to play for Russia!), As Brakocevic did years ago. Pilipenko is not a the reception, her role is the defense, Startseva must also give way to Matveeva / Popova / Kondrashova / Doronicheva. Russia has a good list of players, as long as there is someone to train them normally, and not some statistician to lead, a country that is used to winning, not to be satisfied with 5-8 places!

• I see a great potential from Kadochkina, she will be going a long way as Fedorovtseva, both are very young but already are explosive in spiking and serving, just need to polish reception.

• Meanwhile, the ECh is been played, Goncharova, Fetisova, and Efimova are playing a friendly cup between clubs :rolll: Romanova is there too, but on the bench... it seems she is still recovering.

• Does anybody know what Antropova is willing to do in her future? Will she play for Russia or Italy? I've read somewhere that in Scandicci, they want to make her play next season as an OH and I'm curious to see what will happen eventually. As an OH, Antropova would be much more useful to Italy than to a Russian NT, which already has plenty of strong young players in that position. But I'm not so sure she has sufficiently good skills in reception.

• What impudence from Goncharova and Fetisova! How can you not play for Russia, and at the same time you are currently on the field against Krasnodar ?! Romanova, as I see it, is quite good. Did they become too big and inaccessible to play for Sbornaya?

• What impudence from Goncharova and Fetisova! How can you not play for Russia, and at the same time you are currently on the field against Krasnodar ?! Romanova, as I see it, is quite good. Did they become too big and inaccessible to play for Sbornaya?

Goncharova and her club teammates are playing the FInals of the Governor's cup tonight, I guess this tournament is more important to her than ECH :lol: