Russia NT 2021

• Busato is so polarizing. One moment he's like god-sent to Russia with how he prepares the team then he's like a complete clown with in-game decisions on most occasions. I do acknowledge he has done something good with this team but tbh, Russia can do better than that. Like the others have already pointed out, I also can't help but think that when Russia wins, it's mostly due to the individual qualities of the players (which was the case with all the coaches after Karpol). When I saw the lineup for ECH, I knew the team wouldn't get too far and this tournament would mostly likely serve as a training ground for the younger players. Just hope they learned what they can. Now that it's over for them, I'm excited to see Fedorovtseva in Fenerbahce! Meanwhile, Lazareva would be spending her time in Turkey warming the bench. :roll:

I dont mean to be rude but was the coach from London 2012 good?

I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but Ovchinnikov wasn't good either. Actually, all the coaches since Karpol stepped down just weren't good enough. I'm not sure but I think Caprara was the least bad among them. I guess It doesn't matter since he failed too at the olympics just like the others.

• Imo russia needs a coach of another country

Russian in general stuck in past and with old game,busato is italian but have sane mentality

• Trigger Warning!

yeap I know about it. My question is was he a good coach through that cycle? I mean having Gamova - Goncharova - Sokolova trio should guarantee you medal in any competition. Although I was wondering was Goncha an OH converted to Opp or was it just they need her & Gamova together on court?

• yeap I know about it. My question is was he a good coach through that cycle? I mean having Gamova - Goncharova - Sokolova trio should guarantee you medal in any competition. Although I was wondering was Goncha an OH converted to Opp or was it just they need her & Gamova together on court?

Well, I don't think anyone thought Brazil would be #4 the in the group stage at the London Olympics. And this was his only competition with the Russian team. Russia was playing very decently in London and they were #1 in their group. I think Sokolova only played in the quarterfinals match and she was amazing. She was probably coming back from an injury. If I'm not mistaken, Artamonova played during the group stage.

• Well, I don't think anyone thought Brazil would be #4 the in the group stage at the London Olympics. And this was his only competition with the Russian team. Russia was playing very decently in London and they were #1 in their group. I think Sokolova only played in the quarterfinals match and she was amazing. She was probably coming back from an injury. If I'm not mistaken, Artamonova played during the group stage.

How was Russia through that cycle prior to Olympics? Like WGP and any other competition? Was Goncharova playing OH too?

• How was Russia through that cycle prior to Olympics? Like WGP and any other competition? Was Goncharova playing OH too?

In the 2009-2012 cycle, they just won the World Championship. They lost both European Ch (in QFs) and Grand Prix (just participated in the 2009&2011 edition, in the first one they got the silver medal and in the second one they were 4th). Goncharova played OH two years before the Olympics. Indeed, in the clubs, she played as OH as well, but she didn't participate in the reception duties.

• Kryuchkova just had a bad game during London. Girl did not collect lines, crosses and tips. Her diving area was also limited. She was a great receiver but her defense was just forgettable during that game.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Also this

The shot that practically birthed the challenge system. :teach:

Kryuchkova really got lucky there but Sheilla decided enough is enough and took Russia personally. lol

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I wish she would play in a bigger or more competitive club. Just unfortunate that no club is interested on her despite her good showing at the U19.

Well, she belongs to Dinamo Ak-bars but was loaned to Metar before the WCh U20. To be honest, she was a mess before that tournament... so, many clubs didn't even know about her and that's why Metar signed her. Maybe she'll return to Ak Bars this season if their opposites flop.

• I can't believe people are hyping Akimova to be the next big thing (and not to take credit from her, she looks promising) but she only performed good at a U18 tournament. I think we need to see her more in NT (if ever she gets the call by Busato).

• I can't believe people are hyping Akimova to be the next big thing (and not to take credit from her, she looks promising) but she only performed good at a U18 tournament. I think we need to see her more in NT (if ever she gets the call by Busato).

I think Akimova did an ok job in Sparta. It was not easy joining the club during the season and playing sub. The thing is that there are not many promising youngish OPP in Russia. Lazareva, Russu, Stalnaya, Byarda, Pisarevskaya are not convincing so far... Dinamo-Ak Bars used the lefthanded 15-year old Pavlova last weekend. I think she looked promising (at least compared to the opposites from Krasnodar...) but it was only preseason.