2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• As the 2nd highest paid player in Superlega this season, Luca's performance is not worth his salary so far.

I would not renew his contract if I'm the boss.

How much was his contract?

• As the 2nd highest paid player in Superlega this season, Luca's performance is not worth his salary so far.

I would not renew his contract if I'm the boss.

He had a rocky start given the adaptation process to a new country and league, not to mention the loss of his father right at the beginning of the season, but he's been playing very well for quite a while now, especially since Kooy got injured/benched. He's clearly not supposed to be the team's best scorer with Nimir right there, but seems to be doing his job -- he's barely even benched this whole season, if at all. Also, didn't he sign for 2 years?

• He had a rocky start given the adaptation process to a new country and league, not to mention the loss of his father right at the beginning of the season, but he's been playing very well for quite a while now, especially since Kooy got injured/benched. He's clearly not supposed to be the team's best scorer with Nimir right there, but seems to be doing his job -- he's barely even benched this whole season, if at all. Also, didn't he sign for 2 years?

Not sure. If he stays with Trentino, I don't think he will get the same salary as he got this season.

Luca's under-performance was partially from Giannelli's pass.

But his reception is not good as expected even though his reception is better than Kooy's

• He had a rocky start given the adaptation process to a new country and league, not to mention the loss of his father right at the beginning of the season, but he's been playing very well for quite a while now, especially since Kooy got injured/benched. He's clearly not supposed to be the team's best scorer with Nimir right there, but seems to be doing his job -- he's barely even benched this whole season, if at all. Also, didn't he sign for 2 years?

If Luca played great in CL's 1/4 and 1/2, or Superlega playoffs, eg, help the team win one title. Then it will be a different story.

• https://volleytalk.proboards.c…op-italian-league-players

Salaries of Top Italian League players

Estimated via La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Euros)

Pretty darn sure with incentives and bonusus these should be higher...so this must be base salary

SALARY RANKING OF MALE PLAYERS IN ITALY:

Wilfredo Leon (Perugia, Poland) € 900,000

Georg Grozer (Piacenza, Germany) € 500,000

Aaron Russell (Piacenza, USA) € 450,000

Aleksandar Atanasijevic (Perugia, Serbia) € 450,000

Ricardo Lucarelli (Trento, Brazil) € 450,000

Nimir Abdel-Aziz (Trento, Netherlands) € 400,000

Yoandy Leal (Lube, Brazil) € 400,000

Osmany Juantorena (Lube, Italy) € 350,000

Simone Giannelli (Trentino, Italy) € 350,000

Matey Kaziyski (Verona, Bulgaria) € 300,000

SALARY RANKING OF FEMALE PLAYERS IN ITALY:

Paola Egonu (Imoco, Italy) € 400,000

Kimberly Hill (Imoco, USA) € 240,000

Lucia Bosetti (Scandicci, Italy) € 200,000

Malwina Smarzek (Novara, Poland) € 200,000

Joanna Wolosz (Imoco, Poland) € 200,000

Miriam Sylla (Imoco, Italy) € 200,000

Caterina Bosetti (Novara, Italy) € 170,000

Robin De Kruijf (Imoco, Netherlands) € 160,000

Britt Herbots (Novara, Belgium) € 150,000

Cristina Chirichella (Novara, Italy) € 150,000

• Nimir was rumoured to leave Trento for Russia so basically they're going to rebuild again if they can't block his offers. His buyout is inexpensive but I could see top russian clubs easily quintupling it because he is probably the best opposite in the world right now. It's all worth the price in my opinion.

...but because Trento is intending to keep him at all cost while lowering the budget for next season's wages. They are probably going to trim the excess fat to hold on to Nimir(maybe a salary increase to enthuse him to extend his contract) because honestly without him, they wouldn't even be in the Champions League anymore.

Lucarelli wasn't bad but there are honestly players with cheaper contracts that are at par with his performance or even better so I can see why they are angling to loan or sell him to another team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I know that strong rumors about this already exist, but TV sportklub (reliable source about serbian volleyball community) somehow confirmed that Bata Atanasijević will play in polish SKRA, alongside serbian national team coach, Slobodan Kovač.

https://sportklub.rs/ostali-sp…evic-u-skra-iz-belhatova/

• Piacenza basically wasted their money.:lol: And Atanasijevic, seriously? 100,000 would be more than enough.

• To be fair with Piacenza, they were close to a top 4v5 quarterfinals by a hair but Perugia and Lube sent their B squads v Monza and Vibo respectively.

Grozer's wage is still crazy for the games he played. I don't think they ever truly needed him to beat the teams they've beaten. He has a great serve but then... all his absences and inconsistency overshadowed his greatest moments in Piacenza.

My guess is he will play in Turkey. Lesser league than Russia and Italy but atleast his age can still keep up with his desire to win trophies and there are probably unaware turkish clubs that might overpay him for his reputation in the past.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Speaking of overpaid... I just found out Piacenza paid €200k for Scanferla. I'm not even sure how it came to that point and I hope it's just for two years and not per season because Jesus F. Christ that's a lot of waste for an inexperienced libero. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• To be fair with Piacenza, they were close to a top 4v5 quarterfinals by a hair but Perugia and Lube sent their B squads v Monza and Vibo respectively.

Grozer's wage is still crazy for the games he played. I don't think they ever truly needed him to beat the teams they've beaten. He has a great serve but then... all his absences and inconsistency overshadowed his greatest moments in Piacenza.

My guess is he will play in Turkey. Lesser league than Russia and Italy but atleast his age can still keep up with his desire to win trophies and there are probably unaware turkish clubs that might overpay him for his reputation in the past.

Grozer was surely disappointing With Piacenza but to his credit whole team was tragic. I believe he can still bring His fair share to any squad in tier 2 leagues (typically turkey as you suggested)

• Grozer was surely disappointing With Piacenza but to his credit whole team was tragic. I believe he can still bring His fair share to any squad in tier 2 leagues (typically turkey as you suggested)

I can't really agree with this statement. The team may have underperformed but they certainly weren't tragic without Grozer. They probably just weren't good enough for traditional favorites because they were a new team. Besides, Scanferla, they totally blown up their whole team from last season so there is lacking chemistry and probably a leader.

€500 000 is a lot of money for Grozer. He's not a disaster but definitely more disappointing than 'disappointing'. The team could've even gone for Vettori to accomodate a good libero foreigner or not and probably retain Krsmanovic from last season.

It's really all about roster management. Renewing Gardini also hurt because he only made them play nervous during the coppa italia preliminaries.. Sometimes winning former players can't coach unfortunately. That's what I learn sometimes with male coaches.

#FreeBritney

• I can relate to your comment. I’m by all means not suggesting his salary is low or Commensurate vs his performance. We seem to agree that Piacenza as a project did not Meet the expectations So far as team lacked gameplay chemistry. Signing Grozer For that salary was a high risk Indeed. so far It did not pay. Same as for Russell BTW And there are more Disappointing examples. Last, am 100 % with you regarding team management responsibility - constant personnel changes and erratic choices make me wonder how that team was assembled and the Spirit / level of engagement overall. Someone said most of the players Who started the season are represented by the same sport agency, and came as a Package deal - Is that true ?

Ok I can't really agree with this statement. The team may have underperformed but they certainly weren't tragic without Grozer. They probably just weren't good enough for traditional favorites because they were a new team. Besides, Scanferla, they totally blown up their whole team from last season so there is lacking chemistry and probably a leader.

€500 000 is a lot of money for Grozer. He's not a disaster but definitely more disappointing than 'disappointing'. The team could've even gone for Vettori to accomodate a good libero foreigner or not and probably retain Krsmanovic from last season.

It's really all about roster management. Renewing Gardini also hurt because he only made them play nervous during the coppa italia preliminaries.. Sometimes winning former players can't coach unfortunately. That's what I learn sometimes with male coaches.

• Gian Luca Pasini is reporting that Douglas Souza is moving to Vibo Valentia next season.

Personally I'm SUPER happy about this, but I have a question: is there a limit for foreigners of the same country in Serie A1? Maurício Borges and Flávio were already rumored to go there.