2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• I see Perugia almost the same of this season, honestly. I don't share any hype on this new team. Anderson is an elegant choker and won't be any better than ter Horst on crucual point; the dutch guy used to kill the ball when it mattered. The second italian middle will be a liabilty as usual (Russo just broke his Achille's tendon and Ricci will probably have to start, despite the fact he's the weakest of the 2). And maybe it's time to give full time on court to Piccinelli (Colaci's level dropped to me). Of course Giannelli is a huge improvement of Travica, but that's all. Let's see hif Grbic can make some miracles.

Side note. I don't think Travica is the one to blame entirely.

• Giannelli makes a massive difference but still Lube will have a top 5 player in the world in literally every position. Any title will still be theirs to lose.

• I see Perugia almost the same of this season, honestly. I don't share any hype on this new team. Anderson is an elegant choker and won't be any better than ter Horst on crucual point; the dutch guy used to kill the ball when it mattered. The second italian middle will be a liabilty as usual (Russo just broke his Achille's tendon and Ricci will probably have to start, despite the fact he's the weakest of the 2). And maybe it's time to give full time on court to Piccinelli (Colaci's level dropped to me). Of course Giannelli is a huge improvement of Travica, but that's all. Let's see hif Grbic can make some miracles.

Side note. I don't think Travica is the one to blame entirely.

+1 on the comment about Travica. Perugia's problems this season are multi-faceted, from reception, setting, defense to players' form.

• Giannelli makes a massive difference but still Lube will have a top 5 player in the world in literally every position. Any title will still be theirs to lose.

Yeah. Next season will still be a very close contest between Lube and Perugia. Both teams are strengthened at the OPP position; on paper Perugia will benefit slightly more with the transfer given that Rychlicki >> (Ter Horst + Atan + Vernon). Giannelli's arrival is an important upgrade at the setter position. However, Perugia's holes on court are not completely filled. They will edge closer to Lube, but Lube still seems to have an upper hand.

• Yeah. Next season will still be a very close contest between Lube and Perugia. Both teams are strengthened at the OPP position; on paper Perugia will benefit slightly more with the transfer given that Rychlicki >> (Ter Horst + Atan + Vernon). Giannelli's arrival is an important upgrade at the setter position. However, Perugia's holes on court are not completely filled. They will edge closer to Lube, but Lube still seems to have an upper hand.

Lube is cohesive as it is, plus an upgrade with Zaytsev. Perugia needs time for Grbic to run it as a team, I could be wrong but had no impression that Giannelli set Anderson or Leon before.

• Who do you think could be the next setter in Trentino? It would be super complicated to replace Simone.

• https://www.volleyball.it/voll…-quasi-1-milione-di-euro/

Giannelli's contrat may be bought for around 500,000 euro...

Who do you think could be the next setter in Trentino? It would be super complicated to replace Simone.

Maybe Travica, if he doesn't want to be a sub, maybe Sbertoli, because Trentino will have financial resources to buy his contract out from Milano, maybe a foreign setter if Lisinac is replaced by a local player, at this point it's really hard to tell.

• :( any news on Semeniuk? I know it is reported that someone from ZAKSA side said that it is too early for Semeniuk to leave, there are still rumors of him going to Perugia.

I hope Grbic can bring Semeniuk to Perugia. Semeniuk needs to play more competitive matches at this point.

In Polish NT, he subs for Leon but I think he could take over the lineup OH position from Plotnytskyi in Perugia.

• Semeniuk has been a starter of Zaksa for two years, he's already ready to go to Perugia, especially considering he'd compete for a starting spot with Plotnytsky, but the problem is Sirci said few weeks ago, asked about rumors of Semeniuk in Perugia, that he's not on a level of Perugia right now. xD

• Semeniuk has been a starter of Zaksa for two years, he's already ready to go to Perugia, especially considering he'd compete for a starting spot with Plotnytsky, but the problem is Sirci said few weeks ago, asked about rumors of Semeniuk in Perugia, that he's not on a level of Perugia right now. xD

In 2019-20 he was very good, but this season he was outstanding. I think he needs another outstanding season with ZAKSA to be ready for Superlega. Polish league is strong, but Superlega is still stronger.