2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Verona already has Luca Spirito under a valid contract, who's been a starter for this team for four years now. Btw. Serbian MB Uros Nikolic is rumored to play there next year. And you're correct that Milano has no space for a foreign setter, that's a reason why, with Chinenyeze, Jaeschke, Patry and Ishikawa already signed, they agreed to sell Sbertoli to Trentino under a condition that they find a local setter prior to that, and they've done it by securing youngster Porro.

It goes like that:

Perugia: Giannelli - Travica

Civitanova: De Cecco - Sottile

Trentino: Sbertoli - Sperotto

Monza: Orduna - Calligaro

Vibo: Saitta - ? (no limits for a foreigner)

Piacenza: Brizard - Pujol

Modena: Bruno - Salsi

Milano: Porro - ? (no limits for a foreigner)

Verona: Spirito - ? (no limits for a foreigner)

Ravenna: ? - Peslac

Padova: ? - ?

Cisterna: Baranowicz - ? (no limits for a foreigner)

Taranto: Falaschi - Pellegrino

Btw. with Raphael the level of setters within Italian league would be spectacular.

I have no idea what Thales will do, normally finding a club for a libero outside of his local league is really troublesome considering most leagues have limits of number of foreigners, the use of which doesn't make sense in context of a libero. France is a difference in that regard, that's a reason why a lot of Brazilians and Argentinians have moved there past few season, but right now it's July, most teams on some respectable level have rosters already sealed.

• Yeah, I came to the same conclusion after checking out every roster a while ago... then I guess logically that only leaves Padova and Serie A2, the latter which would be a waste to be quite honest. I would like to see him in a top team again, but I guess that ain't happening -- unless I don't know, he goes to Modena as Bruno's backup again lol

As for Thales, I guess he's staying as long as Taubaté keeps going. Or he could go to I don't know, São José dos Campos (fka Itapetininga) in Brazil if they can find the budget. But oh well, I'm just imagining random scenarios.

• Julian Zenger started to follow Trentino on Instagram, so it looks that this is a done deal, what Gian Luca Pasini acknowledged as well on his blog in comments section.

Julian Zenger in Trentino? He is alright but nothing spectacular.

I would rather have Jani Kovacic - sadly he is going back to Slovenia.

• Anyone knows where Michieletto is going?

Volleybox has Trentino line up with Lavia, Kaziysky, Kooy and Cavuto (doesn't look right to me)

Trentino has official announcement of Lavia only.

• Anyone knows where Michieletto is going?

Volleybox has Trentino line up with Lavia, Kaziysky, Kooy and Cavuto (doesn't look right to me)

Michieletto is staying. Kooy is the one leaving. Also Kaziyski is not confirmed iirc.

• Julian Zenger in Trentino? He is alright but nothing spectacular.

I would rather have Jani Kovacic - sadly he is going back to Slovenia.

I thought Danani signed with Trentino?

Anyone knows where Michieletto is going?

Cavuto will probably try to get a loan somewhere, Kaziysky could even probably play as opposite and Lavia is very prone to injuries so maybe they're just finalizing Michieletto's contract agreement.

Perugia paid Trentino a million euros to get Giannelli. If they lose Michieletto, I would literally be speechless for a month. lol

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Michieletto is a son of Trentino's team manager, former Serie A player, Riccardo Michieletto, that's a reason why he started playing in Trentino in youth categories as a little boy in a first place, there's no discussion at this point about him leaving, and I guess it won't be discussed in a few years from now, he may get a Giannelli treatment at one point as a face of a team, considering that he's similar prospect to Simo with a family connection to the front office of a team.

Trentino wants to get rid of Dick Kooy's contract in order to sign Matey Kaziyski, but according to latest rumors they have problems in doing so due to the fact that there's no space for Kooy in majority of Superlega teams but Taranto. If they finalize their plans, I guess we will see a rotation of Lavia-Michieletto-Kaziyski at OH, and Pinali with Kaziyski at OPP position. It's worthless to write that with Kooy, Trentino will be much weaker than with Kaziyski.

I have no idea what they plan to do with Cavuto, but he's not impactful player whatsoever, and he's 25yo already. Ravenna is the only place he may go to and get a starting lineup minutes, but level-wise he's 3rd/4th OH on this level.

Zenger was pretty decent past VNL, and he suits well the strategy of rebuilding a team around young players (Sbertoli, Michieletto, Lavia, Zenger, Pinali).

• Is Lucarelli to Lube a good transfer?

For whom?

Lube gets a fair replacement for Leal and has built a very stable receiving line with Balaso, Osmany and Lucarelli, what was a main reason why they didn't succeed in Champions League last season.

Lucarelli after so-so season has gone to another top Italian club for fair salary.

Trentino got rid of Lucarelli's contract after his so-so season.

I guess everyone is happy.

• Everyone from Taubaté might indeed be looking for a team quite soon. The city just ended a partnership with the team's main, long-time sponsor Funvic citing administrative and financial problems. Source (in Portuguese). Unless a huge overhaul and surprise happens, I don't see Taubaté coming back from this.

crossposted in the Brazil Superliga thread

• Iranian sources say that Argentinian Federico Pereyra is going to play for Shahdab Yazad in Iran next season. (actually the club claims it's a done deal now)

this club is notorious for having the worst translator ever. last year a video involving that translator guy and their Brazilian MB got viral big time here. good luck Pereyra if they still have the same guy. :lol:

• Urnaut to Zenit SP

Berezkho to Zenit Kazan

• There is a rumor going on that both Clevenot(Ziraatbank) and Szalpuk(Spor Toto) won't join their teams in Turkey. I guess Jastrzębski is interested in Clevenot, that's why he doesn't want to play for Ziraatbank. Let's see how they will solve this situation.