Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• It would be cringe enough for any two players to be painted (or assumed to be) as co-dependent to that degree, but in this case there is the intersection with race that makes it seem that much worse. I mean, I can't be the only one to read this and think that those who make these offers are betraying a bit of subconscious racism... you know, because two black girls are a different "species" from the other girls and would be uncomfortable without each other...:roll::/

That doesnt make any sense. They allegedly made an offer to Sylla bcz she is a best friend with Egonu. It has nothing to do with their races. They are just trying every possibility to convince Egonu.

• That doesnt make any sense. They allegedly made an offer to Sylla bcz she is a best friend with Egonu. It has nothing to do with their races. They are just trying every possibility to convince Egonu.

Nothing about racism makes any sense. That's kind of it's whole schtick, you know. Note also that I deliberately said subconscious. It's a very important distinction, because participants don't even have to know they are doing a potentially racist thing.

Also, this is just as much about perception, as anything else. How a thing might look, as opposed to what it was meant as. There are many volleyball players who are best friends with each other. I don't know a whole lot of cases where multiple teams are offering both of the players in question contracts to get one of them over. Do you? That in itself makes this look cringe. That these 2 happen to be black is what upgrades this to look potentially problematic.

• I'm sure there are, but unless they're planning to move long term there I don't think they would want her to move around a lot. Obviously everything can happen, it was just speculation!

I really would like to have him here and in long term. If he wants to have his family with him, Eczacibasi is the best club that would support him in every way and provide many good opportunities.

• There are many volleyball players who are best friends with each other. I don't know a whole lot of cases where multiple teams are offering both of the players in question contracts to get one of them over. Do you? That in itself makes this look cringe. That these 2 happen to be black is what makes this look potentially problematic.

There are no many players as Egonu, actually just one, it is such a significant fact that it would be neglected in passing any judgment. IMO nothing cringe in this situation, the club’s attempt to increase the chances of bringing in a potentially as significant player as Egonu, IMO there is no space for any insinuations.

• Yeah he does very well with Schwerin and a lot of German players improved a lot under him. This is one of the reasons why I'd like him to stay there, because in Schwerin he has a chance to work with (young) German talents and bring them to a good international level and prepare them German NT.

OTOH I definitely agree that he would also deserve it to work with bigger clubs.

I don't see Felix leaving Schwerin. It's his hometown, he lives there with his wife and 4 kids, so I think he'll stay there as long as it's possible for both sides.

• Yuan doesnt come but Fetisova comes. Dynamo Moscow players are leaving. Fetisova is very good blocker , she will benefit Vakifbank. Akman is very unstable. Gunes and Fetisova will be very beautiful.

Which Moscow players are expected to leave? I only know Natalia might be leaving. The rumor with Fetisova joining Vakif is interesting but I think she is also introverted like Goncharova, guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Yuan dont have any club now.China has cancelled all army sports teams.so Yuan can choose if she wil play abroad.I hope vitra can pay attention on her. Carlini is a terrible setter.not all setters from team usa are good.she is like Yao Di,terrible...Vakif can choose cansu to play all season or buy Ding Xia .

Yeah I hope some of the NT players get a chance to play abroad. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

• Vakifbank is also meeting with Carlini and Fetisova. ( Rasic is leaving) Gabi's contrat ending this year and most probably gabi will leave. But she is likely to stay in Turkey. Gabi is very good defensively but Michelle is not bad. Zhu and Michelle good duo , Zhu-Michelle and Isabelle Haak better than Zhu-Gabi and Haak.

Vakifbank will continue with Ayça and other young libero. If Lauren Carlini is absent , the young setter Buket gulubay will return. Meliha Ismailoglu is leaving , they will continue with Tugba and X ( not clearyet)

where is Rasic going? And what happened to Gizem?

• where is Rasic going? And what happened to Gizem?

Rasic takes a break , Orge signed with Fenerbahce because Giovanni Guidetti doesnt want her on the team. they are meeting with Fenerbahce's libero. If she doesnt come , the young libero will be on the team. (I dont know her name)

I think , Egonu won't come to fenerbahce because It is very difficult for her to leave Italy. Fenerbahce offers a lot of money (too much) , doing everything for her. She still doesnt want to leave her home and friends. If she comes , she may be "homesick" If she doesnt accept for a while , Fenerbahce can agree with Magda Stysiak.

• Rasic takes a break , Orge signed with Fenerbahce because Giovanni Guidetti doesnt want her on the team. they are meeting with Fenerbahce's libero. If she doesnt come , the young libero will be on the team. (I dont know her name)

I think , Egonu won't come to fenerbahce because It is very difficult for her to leave Italy. Fenerbahce offers a lot of money (too much) , doing everything for her. She still doesnt want to leave her home and friends. If she comes , she may be "homesick" If she doesnt accept for a while , Fenerbahce can agree with Magda Stysiak.

Aylin would leave in that case, Gui tried her in NT. Im sure she would love to join Vakıf. The young libero might be Selin Adalı from Vakıfbank B.

Stysiak has a good friendship with Eda, that might be in favor for FB if Egonu doesnt want to come.