Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• I'd gladly watch her in AU.

im annoyed they're giving spots to old americans (sorry not sorry) rather than either legends (or internationals with at least a known presence) or youth

:lol::lol::lol:

Have to start somewhere i guess

• who is going to tell them Egonu is not an Olympics MVP :lol::lol:

worldofvolley is a mess :lol:

I think this is also eguno's last season with conegliano. Vakifbank or fenerbache might be her next team? Haak to conegliano?

Theoretically, yeah, Vakifbank would've been at least on par with Conegliano '21 with Egonu, and IMHO with better core of OHs, with less demanding league to play in, and probably with higher salary, so there's lot of reasons to make that move considering she's already won everything with Imoco, but Wołosz said recently in the interview that she's never witnessed in any club atmosphere like in Conegliano, so there are less obvious circumstances that may matter.

But I guess these rumors are pointless at this point of the season, it is quite obvious that any team would've been interested in Egonu. :lol:

• Have to start somewhere i guess

yea i get that... but for a country that has 0 opportunities for liberos... and gives them to 2 with no NT hopes and 1 that's Puerto Rican.... that's lame when there's so many promising liberos in the NCAA (they're not hiring any young liberos)

and giving spots to players like Erin Fairs/Kaylee Manns/Lianna Sybeldon... like no offense... but I'd rather see young players :lol::lol:

several players used AU to get Euro contracts which I'd like to see

• not even half of season but vakifbank is already negotiating.

https://worldofvolley.com/late…ympics-zhu-and-egonu.html

"According to the rumors, the Italian and Chinese, MVPs of the last two editions of volleyball tournaments in the Olympics, are in the plans of the ’Yellow and Blacks’ for the next season."

heh...

• VB already planning to rebreak Imoco's upcoming record :lol:

• I know this is not true, it is just to soon to think about any move for next season. Not single big player wouldn’t do that for them self in first place, but if Vakif is for real already giving some offers this is super hypocritical from Guidetti after He was angry at Eczacibasi and Maja when they already have done deal in Feb. or March.

• https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…rta-milionaria-per-paola/

Pasini says Fenerbahce casually offers Egonu a million-value contract, bigger than Vakif. Who knows what will happen, but the Fedorovtsev-Egonu duo would be a serious cheat mode, imagine Fener this year with Egonu in place of Lazareva. :gone: It was really smart to give contracts to these young players, esp Arina, so Fener as a club may be much more interesting choice for the next season than they were a year ago.

• https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…rta-milionaria-per-paola/

Pasini says Fenerbahce casually offers Egonu a million-value contract, bigger than Vakif. Who knows what will happen, but the Fedorovtsev-Egonu duo would be a serious cheat mode, imagine Fener this year with Egonu in place of Lazareva. :gone: It was really smart to give contracts to these young players, esp Arina, so Fener as a club may be much more interesting choice for the next season than they were a year ago.

I guess it is that time of the year

• those rumors are a disservice to Vakif I think. Yes Haak is trailing behind Egounu in terms of impact but would it worth it? Zhu's wrist is a mistery and Vakif has already the arguably next two best OHs. They should instead negotiate with the federation about a 4+1 rather than 3+1 foreign rule maybe with that they could again be the top team.

Also with the turkish currency plummeting so hard to the extent of a (potential) hyperinflation, i find the rumors hard to believe. Turkish Sultans League may , God forbid, say goodbye for good to its elite place in a year or two.

• Frankly even if Egono leaves, I’m not afraid about Conegliano at all. I would love that She stays but if rumors are true it is matter of time when She is gone leave for new challenge in her career.
    Novara with better setter would beat them even this season and if Egonu leaves Conegliano is gone have way bigger budget for the rest of the team and they could transfer Haak if Vakifbank signed Egonu.

I find Plummer as big miss for them, She is not right player for them. She has 0 impact in defence and that is why Conegliano is many time in tie situation.
    They could go with Thompson, She will be free 100% after this season in Eczacibasi :gone:

As long as they keep Wolosz they are gone fight for big things. Italy is lucky with domestic players. I would go for Pietrini as local OH and foreign all around OH. Perfect situation Gabi.

They would have Pietrini/De Gennaro/Fahr/Wolosz. Add 3 more foreign players on top level you would be more than fine :whistle:

• Frankly even if Egono leaves, I’m not afraid about Conegliano at all. I would love that She stays but if rumors are true it is matter of time when She is gone leave for new challenge in her career.
    Novara with better setter would beat them even this season and if Egonu leaves Conegliano is gone have way bigger budget for the rest of the team and they could transfer Haak if Vakifbank signed Egonu.

I find Plummer as big miss for them, She is not right player for them. She has 0 impact in defence and that is why Conegliano is many time in tie situation.
    They could go with Thompson, She will be free 100% after this season in Eczacibasi :gone:

As long as they keep Wolosz they are gone fight for big things. Italy is lucky with domestic players. I would go for Pietrini as local OH and foreign all around OH. Perfect situation Gabi.

They would have Pietrini/De Gennaro/Fahr/Wolosz. Add 3 more foreign players on top level you would be more than fine :whistle:

Yeah as some other user I can't recall here once said an imoco with Haak+Wolosz could beat a Vakıf with Egounu+Cansu. But who's to say that Imoco would for sure snatch Haak in such a scenario. Too many variables with little substance

• From an economic standpoint, Egonu will need to be paid in dollars or euros due to the Lira dropping like a rock. Unless teams have endless sponsorship money behind them, this is just not smart business.

I am a big Egonu fan, but if she wanted a new challenge, plenty of Italian squads would like her, but do you break the team budget to do it? Egonu is a big fan of de Genaro from their time on the national team and I just don’t see her leaving. Yes as a superstar she will be attractive to the big clubs, so the rumors are not uncommon.

• Also with the turkish currency plummeting so hard to the extent of a (potential) hyperinflation, i find the rumors hard to believe. Turkish Sultans League may , God forbid, say goodbye for good to its elite place in a year or two.

I find it hard to believe that they're going to let that happen to a sport that's already attracting new fans every year. Surely by now they're already finding ways to keep everything together despite their currency crisis.

• Aaaaaaaaaand Pasini says that Fenerbahce's offer would be 6 mln euro for 4 years (I guess 1,5 a year), while Vakifbank is a serious option as well. The talks will be allegedly conducted after CWCH.

https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…rio-turco-per-paola-egonu

And yeah, it's a poor situation from Haak's standpoint if that's true, imagine a situation that in January everyone will write that deal with Egonu to Vakif is done, and what Haak could think while still having all major trophies in Europe to be played to the end of the season. But I remember last year that in male Polish league in December we've already known that best players of Zaksa Kędzierzyn Koźle (Toniutti, Kochanowski, Zatorski) in the next season will play in different clubs (Resovia, Jastrzębski), what was btw insane that the transfer market started like in November :lol:, and yet they won a CL title, so maybe these players are just professionals knowing this business well.

I don't think Haak will leave Turkey regardless of Egonu's decision tho.