Kazan vs Osasco, Club World Championship 2014

• FIVB official YouTube channel uploaded the match between Kazan & Osasco in the Club World Championship 2014 as a tribute to Gamova as she is in the “Roster 100 of the World’s Best 2010-2020”.

I remember this match a lot as it was the first time I ever saw a MB (Adenízia) had to hit at position 4 because the OH in the front row (C. Bosetti) couldn't kill a single ball:gone:, and this “strategy” was being used in the whole 3rd set whenever they were in the front row together...:sos:

It’s really interesting to watch this match again, as I wouldn’t believe if someone told me at that time Caterina can improve so much to be the player as she is now.

Other than the (embarrassing) performance of Caterina, this match had a lot of other highlights,

- Larson was so good, her attack was unstoppable even when facing the blocks of Thaisa / Adenízia.

- Kazan was really good that year, very solid reception & defense with Larson, Del Core & Malova together, and Gamova in offense.

- Osasco seemed to have a nice budget as well, as they got Sheilla, Thaisa, Adenízia, Fabiola, Brait, basically it’s the Brazil NT,l. Just don’t understand why they would sign that foreign OH duo, Malagurski wasn’t even an OH...

• They had Fe Garay in the season 2012/2013 but they had to give up on her because of the ranking. I think that this goreigners were cheap. At the time were two good bets IMO. Because Malagurski made some good games on attack and Caterina was the MVP of the U-20 ...

• the team was doing great in Superliga but lost in semifinals to SESI... it was unexpected defeat...

• very solid reception & defense with Larson, Del Core & Malova together, and Gamova in offense.

Actually, Ulanova (Kabeshova) was the libero :drink:

• Yes, I will never undestand hiring Caterina and Sanja.

Osasco had both Garay and Jaqueline in the year before, just after the Olympics and they still managed to lose the league :lol:

• I remember this tournament and liked Kazan a lot but cannot forget how well Voronkova played when she was given chance. She was really OPP then If I am not mistaken and she was very strong. Nowadays, she looks like regressed.

• I remember this tournament and liked Kazan a lot but cannot forget how well Voronkova played when she was given chance. She was really OPP then If I am not mistaken and she was very strong. Nowadays, she looks like regressed.

I believe her weight hinders her to be a better attacker, but still we can tell she works very hard to be the best player she could by seeing her big improvement on reception.