Korean NT 2021

• the girls all tested negative for covid and have entered the athletes village. They will start with light training in the afternoon. Lavarini will arrive Korea on 29th, and join the team on 13 May.

Seems like leaving the premise is not allowed.

im secretly hoping for the Mukbang season 2 to happen :drink:(kyk's vlog from last year).

source: https://n.news.naver.com/sport…al/article/472/0000022614

• feel like eternity! I've been refreshing the sports page twice a day and no news (good or not good) is showing....

just like the trend of the woke culture... I just can't understand why the twins are being punished so hard for the mistakes / naughtiness / mischief or whatsoever label of their past senior high school time... every one was in the senior high school at one point of time, how old are we back then, did we all do some foolish things at that age, why the mistakes at that time should destroy today's life, what kind of the perfect society one is looking for.... I simply don't understand it. And neither I can accept such treatment as correct, or anything rational.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Yesterday I saw SBS sports video of Lee Juah getting the covid19 vaccine on the same day with other players going to VNL. If not mistaken the vaccine is given to all athletes who are going to Tokyo.

Does this means Juah will play in olympic? or something else?

• just like the trend of the woke culture... I just can't understand why the twins are being punished so hard for the mistakes / naughtiness / mischief or whatsoever label of their past senior high school time... every one was in the senior high school at one point of time, how old are we back then, did we all do some foolish things at that age, why the mistakes at that time should destroy today's life, what kind of the perfect society one is looking for.... I simply don't understand it. And neither I can accept such treatment as correct, or anything rational

different country different treatment.

And it not a simple seniority abuse and bullying, the adult is involved in enabling this kind of behavior. That why the public is demanding severe punishment.

i know it happens in the past, but if they let it slide the cycle will never end.

plus knowing KOVO executives, they probably looking for the safest way for them.

• Yesterday I saw SBS sports video of Lee Juah getting the covid19 vaccine on the same day with other players going to VNL. If not mistaken the vaccine is given to all athletes who are going to Tokyo.

Does this means Juah will play in olympic? or something else?

All the volleyball athletes on the "preliminary" entry list for Tokyo can get vaccinated. I saw somewhere (don't remember the source...) that it amounts to 60 players.

EDIT: OK, found the source:

https://sports.news.naver.com/…hn?oid=530&aid=0000006650

• The next three months are gonna get crazy for the athletes. Coach Lavarini will only finish his quarantine on May 13, so the team will barely have a week to train tactics before flying to Italy.

Unfortunately for them, the girls will face one hell of a first week beginning on May 25, with three matches in three days against China, Thailand and Japan. They can breathe a little on week 2.

Still, after surviving 15 games in 5 weeks (5 straight 3 games in 3 days), teams will only have a month to recuperate for the Olympics. The final 12 needs to be decided in early July. I don't know if Kang So-hwi can recuperate in time to make the final cut.

Above VNL results, I just hope no one gets hurt as Korea's depth is very thin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Women%27s_Nations_League

https://www.volleyball.world/en/vnl/2021/schedule

• I just dont know how they will rotate. Like you said, the squad depth is not that big. OH position worries me a lot.

They might have to let go of the match against China and try to win the next 2 on the 1st week. China was super strong against Japan yesterday. But I do think they will play their strongest squad against Japan tho.

• But I do think they will play their strongest squad against Japan tho

Of course, but I just don't know how they'll do without the twins.

ps. First week of VNL is kind of like final 4 of Asian Championships

• Of course, but I just don't know how they'll do without the twins.

ps. First week of VNL is kind of like final 4 of Asian Championships

Yesss battle btw Asian powerhouse😂

We'll just need to wait and see how they perform without those 2. I wish LSY can play like LJY did. LJY is not that tall but can jump really high and her defense is superb too

• Yesss battle btw Asian powerhouse😂

We'll just need to wait and see how they perform without those 2. I wish LSY can play like LJY did. LJY is not that tall but can jump really high and her defense is superb too

Is it bad that I'm hoping that at the last minute they will let the twins play?

The team at the 2019 world cup was the best I've ever seen Korea in recent years, giving many strong teams difficult questions to solve, with LJY playing no lesser of a role than KYK herself in either attack or defense. Of course, KYK's leadership qualities can't be matched.

• Is it bad that I'm hoping that at the last minute they will let the twins play?

The team at the 2019 world cup was the best I've ever seen Korea in recent years, giving many strong teams difficult questions to solve, with LJY playing no lesser of a role than KYK herself in either attack or defense. Of course, KYK's leadership qualities can't be matched.

For me, as a fan we just want the best for the team that we support. So it's not wrong for you to hope for the twins to come back. And again, it's not within our reach to decide on this. If it is just dispute among players, they can settle among themselves and case closed. But this issue is already known by general public so it's quite difficult.

May time heals everything.

I like this team performance in world cup 2019. I watch their matches over and over again lol

• Maybe Pyo Sengju will cover for Heejin? Heejin will naturally step up offensively, i think she knows it herself, without LJY, she'll have to give a lot more.

Lee Soyoung is amazing at defence, unfortunately she's short. Hopefully, some strategies/ tactics will help. Lee Soyoung is also a smart player...

• She's originally an OH right? People say she cannot receive but that's something she can improve. who will cover for Kim Heejin then?

She has been an OH for nearly a decade now in the V-League. If she hasn't improved by now I don't think she will ever do so, at very least not the same level KYK, Lee Jae-Yeong, Lee So-Young, and even Kang So-Hwi.

• KOVO has washed their hands regards the twins. KOVO said since this is a matter during their time as students, this matter should be left for Heungkuk to decide with regards to the league and KVA with regards to the NT.

so you're saying that KVA could in theory bring the twins back