Korean NT 2021

• I feel you 😩 usually, people would easily fill in their top 12 for national games but like.... everyone is just injured for team Korea :( very unfortunate for them really

From Olympics 2012-2021, KYK aill then bear all the weight afterall 😭

• I recently stumbled into this fan account on IG and she subs Suji videos.....Do you guys know any other fan accounts other than breadunniekyk10 and kimsuji_fan11 who subs player's videos?

I can't understand korean AT ALL but would like to know what the players are saying in their club videos lol

I'm sure there are many more KimYK fan translators out there, though I'm personally not familiar with what their accounts are

On instagram:

@hdecvol_eng for Hyojin/Hillstate

@doongie1015 for Lee Jaeyeong & Lee Dayeong (twins)

If you have favourite players/clubs, you can try searching their tags on IG and see if you can find any accounts to follow (i.e. #leesoyoung #이소영 #GSCaltex)

• I recently stumbled into this fan account on IG and she subs Suji videos.....Do you guys know any other fan accounts other than breadunniekyk10 and kimsuji_fan11 who subs player's videos?

I can't understand korean AT ALL but would like to know what the players are saying in their club videos lol

there's this for kim heejin, i think this account only subs key videos.

https://instagram.com/hjk_no.4_ftw?utm_medium=copy_link

and this for kyk as well:

https://instagram.com/yakiiikim_?utm_medium=copy_link

KYK has a lot of fan accounts that subs anything related to her. The one I usually refer to is as you stated above & yakiiikim..

For Heejin, fan account hjk_no.4_ftw usually do the sub

• I still hope for Heejin to come back..

Does the twins' case already proceed in court? That's quite fast

• I still hope for Heejin to come back..

Does the twins' case already proceed in court? That's quite fast

Yeah, Heejin's firepower is much needed on the international stage, she scores more than Kim & JY at times too. Though I do wonder if the current setters are even able to send her good balls if she does return.

I find it not very worth risking worsening her injury though, since she's younger and can still participate in the next Olympics.

No updates yet

Based on news articles, they intended to meet with the victim/accuser to apologize for the parts which were true, while also refuting some of the false claims made.
    (its what Park Sangha in male league did, someone accused him of locking & hitting them for 14hours, but turns out it was completely false and the victim retracted their claim publicly, they just made use of his name to voice their grievances caused by other bullies)

But the person who posted on the online forum refused to reveal themselves and meet with the twins, so the twins collected evidence (not sure what sort) and said they planned on taking legal action.

(source: https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/449/0000206863)

No update on whether they actually have done so, since they wouldn't have had to bring it to court if the victim/accuser was willing to meet with them.

• i wouldnt be surprised if the twins do end up coming back for the OG. Anything is possible and can happen.

Whatever that happened between themselves and kyk, they either have to sweep it under the carpet or find ways to resolve it. Would they be able to put aside those, and focus on the end goal? A OG medal.

So far, knetz are not too happy. lol

I hope Heejin can come in as a backup for Jeongah if need be (if she's still okay to play) or as a pinch server. She does have some aces or her serves create chances for the team.

• Knetz always unhappy about everything lol. Should blame the association instead.

Based on what I saw online, only LDY has problem with Kim right? Just before the news about them broke out online, they still can play together in HK. Even though we can see disharmony between them

• This seems possible but definitely not this year. Twins have been out of the court for how many months, and also, I don't think Knetz would be so happy about it either. Someone who used to be a bully should never have any national degree accomplishments, to be honest. It just creates a perception that bullies can succeed if they're talented enough - which i don't think is right. So sad tho, such a waste of talents....

• Wait so Kang Sohwi is really out?

As for the lineup, minus Kang Sohwi and the twins. KYK and Yang Hyojin are locked in

OH: Lee Soyoung is going, the 3rd OH is probably going to be Pyo Seungju. How I wish Kim Juhyang is here in VNL to see how she'll perform.

MB: Kim Suji, Park Eunjin

OPP: Park Jeongah is locked. Kim Heejin if she recovers before Olympics.

S: Either of the 3 will do. There are no other choices.

L: I actually prefer the libero of Hyundai Hillstate but she wasn't called. So I guess Oh Jiyoung and Han Dahye are going to Tokyo.

I actually want to know what are the opinions of K-netz in Korea's perf in VNL. The twins are really a big loss.

• I think its best in the twins' interest not to participate, even in the ideal best case scenario where their accusations are proven false, forgiven by victim/accuser and KVA retracts their suspension. They've admitted to some of the allegations either way, and it's still the same year.

The amount of hate they'd receive from participating (in the same year) will be intense.

Any loss will be blamed on them, any win (or perhaps medal) will not be credited to them either - and yes, bad image for Korea Volleyball if they allow players to "redeem through talent" - at least not in the same year.
    I'm looking to the next Olympics, it's more likely they can participate for that 3 years later.

Just from looking at their time in Pink Spiders before all the bullying/internal conflict accusations - for those who followed v-league.

The hate Dayeong received as the team's setter when they lost KOVO cup (despite winning 3-0 straight for every match prior), and also the hate she got for every match Pink Spiders lost (despite 14 straight wins & leading #1 by far).
    It was intense, and obviously got worse after rumours of an internal team conflict involving her, and the bullying news subsequently.

Not so much amongst international fans, but it was so with the Korean fans. With a huge superstar like Kim joining the team & Jaeyeong as the Top Left in v-league, Dayeong's reputation in comparison wasn't as established yet, and she was also the team's setter, thus she was an easy target to blame (common bane for volleyball setters).

I'd love to watch & support a more competitive Korea team with them included, but they stand to lose more than they can gain from this if they participated.

(and its already unlikely to happen to begin with, I've already given up on any Olympic hopes this year haha)

An Olympic medal would've been tough even with a full & healthy Korea NT. Much less a team lacking practice & having injured players.

• I'm not too concerned about the volleyball playing between kyk and dy, they continued to play professionally on court in Pink Spiders even after the rumours of internal conflict. They're both players who know to work together for the bigger goal & played on big stages.

The bigger concern are the knetz/fans who don't wish to see dy returning to play or play together with kim on the same team.

That part can't be helped.

The Spike magazine's editor-in-chief wrote a column about the need for Jaeyeong's return for Korean Volleyball recently (since Kim will be retiring eventually).

Oh the hate that received haha, and it wasn't even Dayeong who is hated more.

• Also wanna add that, aside from twins, heejin, suji, and sohwi.

People forget that Korea NT was so strong due to Kim Haeran's amazing digging/defence. That is extremely needed for a stage like the Olympics.

Twins and Heejin are great at digging and floor defence too, so that will be bolstered once they return, but who can ever replace Haeran.

Im Myungok who's their next best option (I feel, is better than OJY) is injured too.

But Haeran is out of the discussion naturally since she just gave birth this year, and only returned to training just a few weeks ago.

• Just read in a Korean article. KYK had a brief interview with FIVB:

“우리는 경기를 준비하면서 승리를 얻기 위한 준비를 했다. 아쉽게 우리는 패했지만 경기력은 점점 나아지고 있다”는 독일전 패배 소감을 전했다." 이어 “우리는 더 나아지기 위해 최선을 다할 것이다. 우리 팀은 모든 것이 새로운 팀이다. 우리는 여전히 연결 과정이 발전해야 한다”며 부족한 점을 보완해 더 나은 모습을 보여주겠다고 전했다.

Link: https://www.sportalkorea.com/n…tion_code=7501&cp=se&sp=B

"We prepared for the competition to win. Unfortunately, we lost but our ability to fight is getting better." "We are going to do our best to become better. Our current team is a completely new team. We need to improve the way we connect our plays."

• Sohwi's surgery and injury is much more serious than Heejin's, and will require minimally 2-3months for rehab if all goes well.

(She had ankle issues throughout season and re-injured it too, and went back to playing again)

Not sure the exact date she got her surgery, but news only came out end May, so her surgery would've been after that news too.

Articles implied she's completely ruled out for Olympics due to the long recovery period, and she seemed to have acknowledged that herself too

Agreed, I prefer Kim Yeon Gyeon libero from Hillstate haha, but I think Lavarini might've chosen based on the last season performance in v-league (Dahye, Songyi, etc)

• I actually want to know what are the opinions of K-netz in Korea's perf in VNL. The twins are really a big loss.

Here you go:

https://m.dcinside.com/board/womanvolleyball?recommend=1

you just need the patience to go into each thread and google translate it :white:

i read some, not all... but knetz... they pretty much can blame anyone and everyone on why their team is not doing well. lol :aww:

• I translate using papago but damn i still struggling to get the real meaning😂

hahahaha

i read a post, they blamed Lavarini for breaking the flow of park jeongah with the double subs. :what:

i didnt watch the games... so i suppose there was a double sub in the game against Germany?

• hahahaha

i read a post, they blamed Lavarini for breaking the flow of park jeongah with the double subs. :what:

i didnt watch the games... so i suppose there was a double sub in the game against Germany?

I didn't watch too but Lavarini did double sub quite often in previous games if not mistaken. Lavarini is trying every ways possible to bring out the best from the team. Cannot blame him tbh

Knetz should blame covid19 instead of the team lol