Korean NT 2021

• They should have just let her go play oversea for now and comeback when the issue already cool down.

Looking at how KYK fought for her rights all by herself back in 2013, it's not going to be easy

Second to this, i mean its going to waste if they don't keep their skill and condition, further thats the way they make living. It will help to decrease the media attention while they're in Greece with some agreement, while keeping twins in a competitive environment.

• Kim's fans raged when Pink Spiders refused to transfer Kim overseas in order to keep her tied to her contract with them.

This is understandable from PS's standpoint since which club wouldn't wish to have Kim (the superstar of korean volleyball) play for their club & transfer them away instead (edit: still a shit move from PS, and I understand the rage - especially after all the mess between Kim & PS)

Though if Pink Spiders refuses to transfer Dayeong overseas - despite the bullying news, and the harm it did/does to their reputation if she returns to play for them, it's quite odd. It will mean that Pink Spiders actually wishes to keep her tied to their club and wants her to return to play her remaining 2 years with them - which I've already saw some kfans (esp fans of PS who don't support the twins return) being angry about.

Because they would rather they send DY away, and not have her return to PS to play.

Still, damage to reputation aside, it makes sense why PS will keep her tied to them. She's still the top setter in v-league.
    A player who have played overseas and returns to Korea to play will be even more skilled/popular too. And to have them guaranteed to play for your club when that happens is what any club would want

• Still, damage to reputation aside, it makes sense why PS will keep her tied to them. She's still the top setter in v-league.

It was speculated that Heungkuk included both Kim and the twins in their list of protected players from Pepper, right? And because of that they lost Lee Hanbi to Pepper. Now there's a chance that all three will go. At the beginning of the last season they were the unbeatable team, but now :aww:

Agree that Heungkuk should either let Dayeong go or step up and let her play. But for Dayeong's sake I hope she will be able to go. There's no point in staying and dealing with unhappy Knetz.

KYK already got out of this mess as fast as she could.

• It was speculated that Heungkuk included both Kim and the twins in their list of protected players from Pepper, right? And because of that they lost Lee Hanbi to Pepper. Now there's a chance that all three will go. At the beginning of the last season they were the unbeatable team, but now :aww:

Agree that Heungkuk should either let Dayeong go or step up and let her play. But for Dayeong's sake I hope she will be able to go. There's no point in staying and dealing with unhappy Knetz.

KYK already got out of this mess as fast as she could.

Yep, if they hadn't protected all 3 of them (or at the very least 2), they would have been able to protect Hanbi instead.

I hope you're right that "all three will go", news of Dayeong playing overseas is really exciting since she'd have received too much hate if she returned to v-league, Jaeyeong too - though perhaps not as much.

Some Greek articles about Dayeong's transfer mentioned that the club PAOK may also consider signing Jaeyeong as well to make it a double transfer, though she might play as back-up..? (I don't understand Greek & the translation isn't the best ;()

I think there should be no question about Dayeong going since its already announced on the club's website as well as that Turkey agency website. At most she just voluntarily withdraws from PS like KYK did. 🤞🏻Jaeyeong plays overseas as well, even better if in the same club as Dayeong so its easier to adapt to a foreign country/league.

ALSO I found out that Maya (Hillstate's 2018-19 foreign player who played with Dayeong) will be playing for PAOK together with Dayeong this coming 2021-22 season! She said that she wanted to bring Dayeong over to her club overseas before she left Korea, and it appears she might just have done so!

• As a neutral volleyball spectator, hope the twins get to go and start a new life.

Nobody is perfect and honestly the bullying stories were horrible... but as teenagers who have played volleyball all their lives, had probably inflated egos because of their talent and sports parents --- they probably didn't know better.

Also where such bullying is seemingly so common in the KR society and adults (teachers/ parents/ coaches) who closed two eyes --- who is really at fault?

Let them serve their "punishment" - whatever it may be --- and give them a fresh start.

I really don't know what the KR public, club or kovo expects of the twins. No way they will be able to play in the short term, they will just be flamed.

I'm concerned that the instagram posting got taken down, hopefully no back pedalling by the Greek Club.

• They posted 2 articles about the acquisition of Dayeong on PAOK24, their news/press site though

https://www.paok24.com/volei/2…ylon-i-li-nta-geongk-vid/

Didn't know there was a instagram post about it (it got taken down already??)

Perhaps its just not entirely finalized yet, 1 of the articles said its expected to be formalized within the day.

(and Dayeong has to voluntarily withdraw from Pink Spiders to do so)

KR society is messed up, its not just in their schools, the culture is so much worse in their military (which has compulsory enlistment for all males), as well as in workplaces.

edit: a Greek league fan said that PAOK24 isn't their official press site, but many sites have been announcing the news - though quoting it as "Close to signing" so not 100% confirmation yet

• Hey guys! I don't mean to interrupt; your posts about Lee Dayeong are very interesting, so please keep them coming.

I won't be able to watch Korea play tomorrow. Do you guys know of any free sites where I could watch the full replay?

Thank you, and sorry to bother!

• Hmm.....I don't think that this supposed "Korean NT 2021" thread should have anything regarding the twins.... I'm sorry guys, but they're not part of the NT this year, so I think it would be better to take this transfer conversation elsewhere.

For those supporting them, I won't even try to persuade you to not to....but being a supporter or even neutral to this situation just makes you support bullying and a perpetrator. Sorry.

Not to be the party pooper but.... let's keep this thread purely about the NT shall we? I'm pretty sure there are other threads out there to cater your twins convo 😄

• just wanted to add that I was mistaken about the issuance of ITC

Any players who wishes to play overseas requires it, so DY probably cant unless she appeals to FIVB

Also seemed more like a one sided announcement by CAAN, don't think the contract was signed/finalized yet

• Hmm.....I don't think that this supposed "Korean NT 2021" thread should have anything regarding the twins.... I'm sorry guys, but they're not part of the NT this year, so I think it would be better to take this transfer conversation elsewhere.

For those supporting them, I won't even try to persuade you to not to....but being a supporter or even neutral to this situation just makes you support bullying and a perpetrator. Sorry.

Not to be the party pooper but.... let's keep this thread purely about the NT shall we? I'm pretty sure there are other threads out there to cater your twins convo 😄

Okay let's talk about today's match against Russia😅 who do you think will be the main lineup?

• Not controversial in that sense, Kim also signed contract with Shanghai without Pink Spiders knowing - just that in her case everyone somehow expected that she had the option of going back overseas (since she only returned to Korea due to covid)

Pink Spiders originally planned to hold contract discussions with Kim for the next season after she returned from VNL around end June.

When the news of her Shanghai contract broke out, Pink Spiders said they weren't sure and had to confirm too. The news was released by Kim's agency.

Lol Heungkuk is clueless about everything. Kim agreed on only 1 year contract with them is already a sign that she will play abroad again. Plus any oversea clubs would already complete their rosters by the end of june. What's the point trying to negotiate during that time. With many clubs trying to get her, they should have know better. Kim really play smart with this transfer, no rumours at all suddenly boom contract signed.

On side note, news regarding the twins better be discussed in the vleague's thread

• Okay let's talk about today's match against Russia😅 who do you think will be the main lineup?

Definitely want to see more of Hyejin and Dain playing as well instead of Yeom

Only 6 matches left

If Lavarini continues to use Yeom, then I'm guessing she'll be the final main setter for Korea. But Hyejin has barely played in VNL thus far (guessing due to her knee..?)

• Definitely want to see more of Hyejin and Dain playing as well instead of Yeom

Only 6 matches left

If Lavarini continues to use Yeom, then I'm guessing she'll be the final main setter for Korea. But Hyejin has barely played in VNL thus far (guessing due to her knee..?)

Yeah, he's hoping for Yeum to improve more by letting her play a lot. She has experience in big stage than those 2 so make sense Lavarini want to include her. Hyejin has knee pain but she did played for a while against Italy🤔 Maybe not a serious injury

2 more rounds to go.. Not much time left for experiments

• I think similar to last week, the main players (KYK, YHJ, LSY, PJA) will play today and rest tomorrow. That would give them more time playing together and put the main lineup against Canada, an easier opponent. Hopefully they'll be able to get another match win.

Will Lavarini use only one main setter for the Olympics? He said that he would use the double sub tactic at this VNL, but maybe it's only to find out the optimal players combination?

The team should also try to win some more sets. More than once they had a considerable lead but lost focus and couldn't convert it to a win.

• For those supporting them, I won't even try to persuade you to not to....but being a supporter or even neutral to this situation just makes you support bullying and a perpetrator. Sorry.

Not here to argue with you nor change your mind, but a difference can easily be drawn between the two for the rest of us

Cancel culture is bs, to lose one's entire livelihood forever because of mistakes one made back in elementary/middle school? (not even in high school or as adults, nor properly investigated/confirmed at this point in time)

No one is saying they did no wrong or should be forgiven immediately

They're already facing their punishment of suspension from the local league & National Team (inclusive of Olympics)

They're no longer being paid by their club and lost all endorsements.

They hadn't ignored it, but acknowledged, apologized and took responsibility for their mistakes.

Supporting their actions and being a perpetrator is saying they did nothing wrong & shouldn't have been punished at all. I see no one saying that.

• Not saying that you are wrong but whether cancel culture is "BS" is something for each society to determine for themselves. Normative views are obviously subject to debate and this thread is not the place for it.

Please let's stay on topic guys 🤔

• Definitely prefer Hyejin's setting compared to Yeom, glad she's playing close to full-time against Russia today.

If there's anything I feel Yeom has in her advantage it'll be her experience on national stages - in terms of mental, but performance-wise has been disappointing.

Feel that Hyejin has a better serve, is faster, jumps higher for blocks too. Lavarini had even said about Yeom that "she doesn't run" to the team during a timeout against Italy in set 3 🤐

Would personally love to see Hyejin & Dain selected for this Olympics - for the future of both Korean v-league and Olympic setters, since they have more growth potential.