Korean NT 2021

• (why is this thread extra quiet when we won 😂 im assuming everyone is asleep 😂)

We won against canada today!!! Park Jeongah is a clutch!!! I'm happy she's getting all the praises she deserves, after getting criticized for not being "good enough" 🙄

Lol it was fun to see a full aggressive KYK not only with her attacks, but w her teammates as well 😅 Sometimes, you really have go get a full range scolding before you come to your senses, and that's exactly what Korea needs right now tbh.

6 days left for VNL! The last 3 matches (Brazil, Turkey, and Netherlands) woild be tough, but Korea wouldn't go without a fight! Let's gooooo 🇰🇷

• Almost having heart attack while watching that match😂 aggressive captain Kim is what they need! Have to admit PJA was🔥

• It was a very fun match. Lavarini was in top form. I wonder if he knows he's funny :)

• Know it's only been a few matches, but with Jeongah doing so well in the Left/OH position (Jiyoon as Right), even being top scorer of the team, I wonder if Soyoung will lose her starting lineup position as Left (Jeongah as Right) for Olympics to her

Soyoung did well in the beginning of VNLs compared to the rest of the team, but wonder if her performance now is due to having less time to shift into gear?

But she's not good against tall blocks thats for one.

Kim's gonna have to consistently score 20+pts every match to bring Korea to a win I feel (with at least 2 other teammates scoring 10+points, Jeongah & Jiyoon).

Wonder what changed for Kim amd the team vs Serbia&Canada compared to previous matches, it's like a sudden burst compared to before.

• same thoughts. Lavarini might keep Jeongah as starting on the left. Jeongah's weakest link is her receive - which then Soyoung comes in.

Queen KYK :heart::rose:(gonna miss her big time when she retires from NT)

I think that win from Serbia gave them that push, and KYK as KYK hates to lose. Remember how she single handedly revived a dying Heungkuk to 2nd place in the league. She is/was largely instrumental in the work of firing up (or wake up calls :cheesy:) her teammates, both NT and in Heungkuk.

• I think it's smart for Lavarini to put Jeongah as OH since she has the height. He does switch Jeongah to Soyoung especially when Jeongah struggles with receiving/digging.

With the teams we will face in the Preliminary rounds in OG, we would need a taller lineup so it's not a surprise if he would go for Jihyun OPP starter than Soyoung OH starter.

Many people are schocked with the consecutive wins too, saying maybe it's because they're facing a "much weaker" teams....but honestly that doesn't even matter. Stats shows Korea has been playing good volleyball for the past 2 days so the downplaying of their wins isn't necessary 😄

Sigggh I can't wait for Lavarini to finally release the OG lineup!!!!!!!!!

• Jiyun improve at fast rate, now she use a lot of tip in, and do a great dig too.

I think the one who benefit from this VNL is hillstate, all their key player is here lol.

as much i love LSY as a starter, but used as super sub is so much better she can provide stability when team is shaken, also she doesnt need to hold back for stamina reason.

• Jiyun improve at fast rate, now she use a lot of tip in, and do a great dig too.

I think the one who benefit from this VNL is hillstate, all their key player is here lol.

Jihyun is inherently gooood. I'm actually glad she shifted from center to opp in the domestic league. But one thing she has to work on os her decision making with her attacks. She pretty much slams everything in the same direction so it's kinda predictable. (or maybe I got used to seeing Heejin play OPP? lol) Well, she's has a long way to learn so, no rush 😄

Other than that, I have no doubt she would be great!!

• I'm not surprised at their shock though, considering how poorly Korea performed in previous matches (its true) - they've also lost to other "much weaker" teams though

Korea's win against Serbia... while its definitely both KR team getting fired up & Serbia playing very horribly (& without star players)

Having watched the match I'll honestly attribute the win more to Serbia playing horribly

But with that said, I will credit Korea's win against Canada to the KR team. They clawed their way back in the 5th set from being down 2-6.

Pretty sure what drove them was their previous win against Serbia. Once you have a taste of victory, you gain more confidence & want it even more.

• as much i love LSY as a starter, but used as super sub is so much better she can provide stability when team is shaken, also she doesnt need to hold back for stamina reason.

Yeah, think LSY is just fated to be a defensive OH. While her attacks work in v-league, its not working so much on international stages.

But her defence is definitely good, it's why she even played as Libero once on NT in the past haha (forgot which tournament)

Remember how she single handedly revived a dying Heungkuk to 2nd place in the league. She is/was largely instrumental in the work of firing up (or wake up calls :cheesy:) her teammates, both NT and in Heungkuk.

Yeah lol, IBK was the better team, but Lavareva's back injury (she even cried 😢), Songhwa with messy sets in Game 1, their backup setter helped them win in Game 2, pity by Game 3 Lazareva was in poor condition and Shin Yeonkeyong libero got injured & was out.

(speaking of which, I really like Shin Yeonkeyong libero's digging and wonder if she could be a future NT libero haha)

Kim is definitely a player who levels up in a clutch situation haha, just look at Set 5 vs Canada
    Their home games for 1&3 definitely helped since her fans were there to watch her play too.

• Jihyun is inherently gooood. I'm actually glad she shifted from center to opp in the domestic league. But one thing she has to work on os her decision making with her attacks. She pretty much slams everything in the same direction so it's kinda predictable. (or maybe I got used to seeing Heejin play OPP? lol) Well, she's has a long way to learn so, no rush 😄

Other than that, I have no doubt she would be great!!

Then Hyundai should permanently let her play as OP..no more MB/OP

• I hope the team got a real mental booster after that clutch 5th set win. They just need to stay calm and believe that they CAN do it. Having veteran players on court at these moments certainly helped.

It would have been even better if they could take that 3rd set after having such a lead though. Props to Canada for having taken this set.:thumbup:

The defense leaves a lot to be desire. Still great to see Jiyun trying her best and getting better at it. She EARNED her spot on the OG Team.

It's weird that Lavarini openly said that he wants bring two liberos to the Olympics but only playing Oh Jiyoung. It seems like everyone is getting their chances but Han Dahye.

It'll be funny if we're all sitting here speculating and he ends up only bringing OJY :lol:. Or will we see the return of Queen Haeran:super:?

• hahaha. maybe he'll just end up bringing 1 libero, cos it seems to work so far. Soyoung comes in when Jeongah struggles at receive.

They still need someone to help with the scoring, besides the current 3 OHs and Jiyun. I think Jiyun's locked for OP at OG, they just need another strong starter (either at OH or OP).

I pray to the volleyball gods, we'll see Heejin at OG.

Btw, i think the MBs are doing some decent job at scoring too!

• Then Hyundai should permanently let her play as OP..no more MB/OP

This needs to happen. But I think it's likely what will happen because Hyundai has two other NT MBs who are taller than Jiyun (Hyojin and Dahyeon).

Plus, with the addition of the new team Pepper, KOVO might decide to increase the number of matches in the league, so having someone to share the burden with the foreign player can never be bad.

This photo of KYK is lit🔥😂

It looks even better zoomed in.:heart:

• If anyone is interested in Korean commentary but doesn't want to bother with a VPN, KYK fan yakiiikim was kind enough to upload all of the previous matches from this VNL, and will be uploading the rest of the matches as well!

You can find them on this Linktree.