Korean NT 2021

• All teams will have to submit names of 12 players by 5th July for OG - heard the VNL commentator mentioning it.

I really feel like he won't bring 2 liberos as planned 😂 lavarini hasn't used the backup libero for most of the games so it's like a waste of spot (sorry for my wording) if he brings her to OG 😅 better to bring 4 OHs instead

• Final match tonight for Team Korea at VNL 2021. And unless KYK changes her mind about retiring from the NT after the Olympics (which is unlikely I think), this will be her last VNL match as well 😢.

Feel sad thinking about her retirement from NT😭 She has dedicated her time in NT for over a decade.. It's time to have her much deserved rest from hectic schedule

• Last night Korea play is not bad, but all the ball going to the left, really miss Heejin on OP. I think Lavarini focusing more vs Nederland thats why he pulled KYK out.

And some interesting tactic too, Han Song Yi as OPP again, and a setter for a few point (when they put triple MB)

That’s their limit, pyo in vleague isnt much better either, sometimes good more often a serve target lol,

Yeom is hitting a slump too this past season, thats why Ha Hyo Rim being played a lot, not mentioning just coming back from a surgery, rusty and slow, but hey at least she serving well this tournament.

• I personally hope that this won't be Lavarini's last VNL & Olympics with the Korean NT

Wanna see the good younger players play more under him and really grow into their full potentials for the 2024 Olympics - to put up a strong fight, not necessarily medal contention
    (also since, ngl i'm not expecting anything at all for this coming Olympics)

Saw Hi-pass's coach mention they're training to play faster volleyball for next season (which Hillstate did too), which is a good sign, but to what extent it'll be actual speed volleyball, and how successful it'll be is another thing lol

• We talk about this since the beginning of VNL😂 nothing has changed

Anyway did An Hyejin's injury serious or just muscle strain?

well on the bright side, i had cringed at PJA’s defence + attacks straight into the block but she has definitely improved especially on defence, good to see her digging some difficult ones & running for the ball

• I personally hope that this won't be Lavarini's last VNL & Olympics with the Korean NT

Wanna see the good younger players play more under him and really grow into their full potentials for the 2024 Olympics - to put up a strong fight, not necessarily medal contention
    (also since, ngl i'm not expecting anything at all for this coming Olympics)

Saw Hi-pass's coach mention they're training to play faster volleyball for next season (which Hillstate did too), which is a good sign, but to what extent it'll be actual speed volleyball, and how successful it'll be is another thing lol

KVA better offer Lavarini's coaching team new contract until Paris 2024 because I have no faith in local coaches lol let the younger players grow under his guidance

• Anyway did An Hyejin's injury serious or just muscle strain?

Hyejin was limping last round when the team took their celebration photos, but I think it's not a serious injury because she was running out with the team during the intro yesterday.

But she wasn't ready to play either. She was only wearing shoes without her normal gears. :(

• KVA better offer Lavarini's coaching team new contract until Paris 2024 because I have no faith in local coaches lol let the younger players grow under his guidance

Sure hope so, they gotta base it off of his results in 2019/20 (beating China, Japan, Brazil, and putting up good fights against other strong opponents)

... cause if they base it off of Olympic results, we all know that's out of his control and nothing amazing can come from such a line-up

• And we've come to the end of VNL, Korea managed to push Netherlands to the 5th set since they rested Plak after the 1st set, which was a good fight nonetheless. Jeongah has really been getting into rhythm, being top scorer most of the time in the 2nd half of VNL.

Not sure if VNL rules will be similar to Olympics, but unlike in v-league, you have to challenge a play immediately (and interrupt the play) if you notice something - unlike v-league where you can challenge any moment of the play at the very end.

Thought this rule was made pretty clear early in, but not sure why even in this last set, Korea was challenging an antenna touch (that happened mid-play) only after the play ended.

Which is obvious they aren't allowed to do so, and Korea has experienced it several times already so they should know by now. Wonder why they keep trying to argue against that, or not choose to challenge it when it happens?

Anyway after this, the team will return to Korea on the 22nd, self-isolate for 1 week, train for 1 week, before entering the Athlete's Village to train for Olympics (2 weeks before start date).

• Hopefully the players will get some good resting during the quarantine time. Jeongah is having an injury on her left hand. She keeps touching it since yesterday. Jiyun couldn't play today at all and Soyoung had to be the starting OP.

I didn't know about the difference in challenging time that user @suminj mentioned. Why does the V-league has rules different than FIVB rules? I would think that they would try to make their rules as similar as possible to the FIVB rules. Making challenges mid-play doesn't seem all that complicated. :/

I wonder if it's the same for other countries' volleyball leagues (having rules different than FIVB rules)?

I also don't get why Lavarini insists on using Oh Jiyoung as the only libero? I get that she has her ups and downs but even when it's down she's not getting subbed out. Yesterday, Turkey won the first set with an ace that landed right in front of her :aww:. The setters and MBs get subbed all the time but not OJY. The fans on Twitter were making a huge fuss about how she never seems to run after the ball. Of course Lavarini knows better than all of us but it's still frustrating to watch :wacko:.