Korean NT 2021

• I have a feeling that KVA will try everything to hold back KYK:whistle:

They interviewed Kim Hyung-Sil and he wanted KYK to stay at least until Asian games next year.

As for Stefano, please come back sir. If Kim stay, maybe he will stay as well😉

• I'd rather KVA convince KYK to stay/join for important events that counts as Qualifiers or the Olympics, and skip the less important ones like VNL.

Good chance to raise up younger substitute players as well when she's absent.

But its not just KVA holding her back, none of her statements shows a clear and fixed decision that she intends to retire for good, except for "I think of this Olympics as my last" (which she used back in Rio too) - that also helps to drive media attention greatly for the NT volleyball team when she says things like that, both times.

If she makes a clear decision and statement "I no longer wish to participate in NT and will inform (not "discuss") the Federation about this." they shouldn't be able to do anything to stop her.

Ultimately, its up to her, but it doesn't seem to me at least like she's quitting for good, but making arrangements around it instead - not participating for all.

i.e. Boskovic isn't required to participate for all the Serbian NT stints and only joins for the important ones.

If she wants to quit, then by all means she should push through with her decision on that, and she will have full support from fans.

• Not that it matters anymore since it's over, but to anyone that may be interested

The one in charge of placing video challenges for Korea was Interpreter Choi (who also takes the role as the 2nd assistant coach)

She said that many times when she needed to place the video challenge within 8 seconds, because Lavarini protested like mad to the referee, she wouldn't hear assistant coach Cesar Hernandez ask her to place the video challenge, and she would miss the timing :gone:

She added that there were times that its the referee's fault and not theirs too.

They should've just gotten the main assistant coach Cesar to place the request directly instead lol

If anything, perhaps she needed to translate what Lavarini was protesting about to the players...? But I doubt so, so I guess she was just distracted and missed the timing :white:

• Thank you all for sharing such interesting articles, videos and photographs! :drink: It's been very interesting following the Korean team's journey along you. Indeed it is the end of an era. Hopefully they're able to transition to another group of talented, skillful players. And we'll also have the memories. Yaki is simply unforgettable!

• I have a feeling that KVA will try everything to hold back KYK:whistle:

They interviewed Kim Hyung-Sil and he wanted KYK to stay at least until Asian games next year.

As for Stefano, please come back sir. If Kim stay, maybe he will stay as well😉

I think he'll coach Italy or Brazil (once Ze Roberto retires, also he coached Minas) in 2024.

• Man fans sure are vicious, I'll never understand why Korea grants their toxic netizens so much power

Yes there are toxic netizens in every country, but Korea creates clickbait videos/articles to spread them further without any fact-check for clicks/views, and then the public and federations take them seriously too :wall:

Hated/Defamed on Kim Heejin for her performance in Olympics so now she's taking legal action against them cause its too severe

Hated on Yoo Aeja (lady who referees video challenges in v-league and also KVA PR; also ex-Olympian) cause of interview questions leading her to step down from her position

• Man fans sure are vicious, I'll never understand why Korea grants their toxic netizens so much power

Yes there are toxic netizens in every country, but Korea creates clickbait videos/articles to spread them further without any fact-check for clicks/views, and then the public and federations take them seriously too :wall:

Hated/Defamed on Kim Heejin for her performance in Olympics so now she's taking legal action against them cause its too severe

Hated on Yoo Aeja (lady who referees video challenges in v-league and also KVA PR; also ex-Olympian) cause of interview questions leading her to step down from her position

I saw the articles regarding Heejin's case. She faced all these for years, glad that she's taking legal action.

Feel so bad for the athletes to be honest. KYK did mentioned in one of her yt's video that they received many hate comments/harassments not only towards them but also targeted their family members. I believe it's not only in sports but also in other industries.

• The interview duration is one thing, but the question asked is kind of ridiculous and uncomfortable.

The interview did sound forced, she asked her questions with a clear desire of wanting to receive certain answers from KYK. But she is the PR director and she's there to do her job.

I'm not sure why KYK didn't seem to want to answer some of the questions directly, but her evading them + the repeated questions after to have her answer them made the whole interview extra uncomfortable.

But they are close to one another and it could be why Yoo Aeja felt comfortable enough to prod further

Some unhappiness from fans towards her is understandable (I found the questions too forced as well), but not the media witch-hunt where she was dragged in, had countless articles written about her, YouTube videos made about her, her past, history and professionalism questioned.

KVA's entire organization dragged and her being forced to step down (i mean what?!)

Even KYK herself posted an IGS in defence of her after all the witchhunting and hoped for her to return to her role soon.

Yes Korean netizen can be crazy but were any of these two instances caused by the "fans" though?

Heejin's case was certainly not about any fans. Plus, it wasn't the hate on her performance in Olympics that resulted in the legal action. It was much worse than that. I don't think that Heejin (or any pro sport player tbh) would resorted to legal action if those comments and criticism were purely on her performance during the matches/tournaments. Just copying the translation of a part of this article:

Some have done damage to Kim Hee-jin since around the 2016 Rio Olympics. They forced responses by sending messages on Instagram, etc., approached acquaintances with impersonated SNS accounts, or distributed manipulated and synthesized images. There is also a case of spreading rumors about Kim Hee-jin's sexual orientation.

About Yoo Aeja, I saw complaints from many KYK fans on Twitter after the interview, but I wasn't aware if they went further than that? This one feels like it was the media's fault to me. I even saw one news site pulled the "twins card" on Yoo Aeja lol. It was so unnecessary.

Honestly I thought this issue would be resolved with a public apology letter or something like that. And maybe KYK can put out a statement like she did. That would calm all of her fans down. I was legit surprised to see that it ended with a resignation letter instead.

• With KYK no longer a part of the NT, it looks like they are starting to push for the return of the Lee twins. Today, Jo Hea-jung, a member of the NT that won the bronze medal at the 1976 Montréal Olympics, said in an interview that she thinks the NT will be able to achieve a good result in the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou if LJY and LDY return to fill the void left by KYK and Kim Suji.

I won't be surprised if the twins will be part of the 2022 NT but also won't expect anything less than drama. There are many "fans" already voicing their concerns lol.

• By "fans" I just meant volleyball fans/viewers in general, since someone who doesn't even watch volleyball wouldn't know about Heejin or Yoo Aeja

For Heejin's case I think its likely because women's volleyball is a famous sport for Korea during Olympics, a lot of people who watched do not know about Heejin's surgery, so they likely sent her hate/threats from all the mistakes she made and lacklustre performance, defamed her with false claims and more

Though for Yoo Aeja, it was actually quite severe from KYK fans (since it involved her directly)

Can only guess since they've always disliked KVA/KOVO with all the bad blood between them and KYK, but they were criticizing her & KVA as a whole because of this incident. One claim even said that KVA has political bias for asking Kim to thank the president, and like you said, the way they dug up Yoo Aeja's past like saying she's biased to the twins when she's just close to all NT players.

Either way, just absurd for both cases, glad Heejin is taking legal action and hoping Yoo Aeja returns to KVA

^ Jo Hye-jung you mentioned above is getting dragged on twitter now for her words too lol, but idk how much weight her words carry, doesn't seem like she's holding a position in KVA