Korean NT 2021

• I understand why they went ahead with the transfer. I'm not against them getting back to volleyball. I just brought it up to prove how messy and full-of-drama this whole situation is. What seems like a fact today might not be so true tomorrow 🤷.

TBH the reason why we're sitting here discussing/speculating is because there is no real information. We only believe what we choose to believe. It seems to me that you mostly believe what the twins said, but I have to say that I don't love them enough to believe it all like you do.

I mentioned before that I'm one of those people in the why-would-they-issue-those-apology-letters-if-they hadn't-done-it camp, but since the twins said that they were forced, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt knowing what kind of club Heungkuk can be.

About the contradictions between the twins and the victims' claims/what really happened in the past, I have decided to wait for the investigation result instead of taking sides.

Maybe I'm much simpler than you but about this supposedly "feud," with how the twins have been reacting, I just find it hard to believe that DY's Instagram posts are not about KYK or that there were truly no feud.

When the twins first came out to share their story, they were given the chance to talk about it. They didn't say there was no feud. DY didn't try to clear things up and say that those Instagram posts weren't directed at KYK (like how they tried to clear things up about the bullying scandal). They didn't even say that it was a resolved conflict like KYK did. They said they would talk about it some other time.

So how am I gonna believe that nothing biggie happened? They're getting so much hate for this. Just say something you know? Once again we don't have enough information. :aww:

Just to make it clear about my stance on this issue. Unless those Instagram posts were truly DY's effort to try and ruin KYK's career (I hope NOT!), this feud, big or small, is a personal issue between DY and KYK, and should not affect the twins' chance to return to the NT. I only want to know what happened for the drama. :whistle:

(In contrast, a male player accused of bullying - not just bullying, but literal physical violence where injuries sent the victim to the hospital for surgery- was able to meet with their victim, apologized, settled, and was allowed to return)

Anyway I think the KGC black sheep team conflict was way worse than this

After the news broke out, KGC acknowledged that there was an argument within the team due to their poor performance, but they had resolved it after performing better. The KGC teammates immediately followed Yeom on Instagram a day after the article was released about the discord.

(source: https://www.insight.co.kr/news/324317, https://www.insight.co.kr/news/324497)

Sure, the twins' cases are in similar fashion to these. You can say that these are even worse but we cannot ignore the glaring difference which you mentioned in your posts that these have ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED.

In Park Sangha case (I suppose you were talking about him), he already apologized and settled with the victim.

Oh Jiyoung and Yeum Hyeseon seemed to get along fine in the NT this whole summer after OJY's rumored "sniping" post directed at YHS.

The twins' bullying case on the other hand has been dragged on for way too long for whatever reason. It hurts them more than it helps.

• Wow! And this happened last season? By the way, I wonder... How did Yeom ended up becoming Korea's first setter in the NT? Obviously she was less than stellar during this summer... But if even during the club season she was struggling... We know Dae Yeong obviously was not available, but wouldn't there be anyone to at least challenge her? Or maybe she was better during VNL, I didn't follow it, so I have no idea.

I totally see your point, though. Lack of transparency is the issue, that's definitely hindering the public's perception about those situations. I mean, of course some things should be kept private. Maybe Dae Yeong and Yeon Koung settled whatever issue there was between them, maybe not. But until the result of the investigation becomes public, there ain't much we can do regarding the twins. We'll just have to be OK with not really knowing the whole story. I do wish some things had been handled differently though, by the club and the KVA. ?(

• Maybe I'm much simpler than you but about this supposedly "feud," with how the twins have been reacting, I just find it hard to believe that DY's Instagram posts are not about KYK or that there were truly no feud.

When the twins first came out to share their story, they were given the chance to talk about it. They didn't say there was no feud. DY didn't try to clear things up and say that those Instagram posts weren't directed at KYK (like how they tried to clear things up about the bullying scandal). They didn't even say that it was a resolved conflict like KYK did. They said they would talk about it some other time.

Haha I get where you're coming from

I'm simply giving her the benefit of doubt, because even Park Mihee mentioned that while there was conflict in the team, those SNS posts were from a much earlier date and only dug up/resurfaced and brought back to attention again after the rumours of discord arose (much later).

Also, while its easy for us to think "just say what it is", if DY were to say its unrelated to KYK, no one will believe her. Similar to when they came out to say that most of the accusations were untrue, saying that they waited till April to say it so as to not further affect their team still competing in v-league.

Anyway there was a conflict which KYK herself already said, no doubt about that, but she said it was a misunderstanding that was alr resolved - honestly I dont really care what happened.
    (one article suspected the conflict stemmed from JY & DY both being absent from their match against Hi-pass in Round 3, due to JY having fever/suspected covid and DY staying behind due to being a close contact to JY)

Anyway, agree that they should settle the bullying investigations first before mentioning anything about the team discord. Plus the interview happened when NT was still preparing for VNL/Olympics so it'll have been unnecessary drama if brought up then.

Unless those Instagram posts were truly DY's effort to try and ruin KYK's career (I hope NOT!)

I think this claim made by kyk's fans is really a reach though lol. I can see why they would think that way since they feel those vague posts are directed to Kim.

But literally no one thought of KYK from those posts (no reaction when she first posted them in the past - or ppl thought it was Kim Nahee, nor did anyone think negatively about KYK lol)

have ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED.

In Park Sangha case (I suppose you were talking about him), he already apologized and settled with the victim.

Actually no, was referring to the Song Myeong Geun who settled with victim.
    (only brought it up cause his victim was willing to meet & settle, unlike the twin's accusers who refused to - not about returning to NT)

For Park Sangha, he was accused of locking someone in a room for 14hours and hitting them - but he filed a lawsuit and the victim said it was a lie.

But he did admit to abusing his seniority (hitting & bullying) back in school - which there was no news of any settlement with victims, thats why some fans are still against him returning.

Also, for the other two female players accused (one supposedly GYR), one player just said they don't remember such a thing ever happening, never admitted to it and it simply passed. The victim said it did happen but they don't intend to ruin the player's career (their words not mine) so they will not pursue it further. Obviously no further media coverage on it.

• Wow! And this happened last season? By the way, I wonder... How did Yeom ended up becoming Korea's first setter in the NT? Obviously she was less than stellar during this summer... But if even during the club season she was struggling... We know Dae Yeong obviously was not available, but wouldn't there be anyone to at least challenge her? Or maybe she was better during VNL, I didn't follow it, so I have no idea.

Yeah it happened last season.

Hyeseon was used as the main setter because there's no one else. We had to use a setter who had just recovered from injury ;(;(;( Among the three setters at the VNL, Hyeseon is the most experienced one. Ahn Hyejin and Kim Dain only started to established themselves as the main setters in their clubs last season and have too little NT experience.

• I think it's worth gathering all of these in one place so here we are.

Clutch Park - Summer 2021

vs Canada (saved 3 match points)

vs Dominican Republic (scored the winning point)

vs Japan (saved 2 match points + ended the match)

vs Turkey (saved 1 set point of the 3rd set + ended the set)

Bonus: a very happy background-Jeongah

• An interview with Lavarini was released today by SBS. (Link)

Interview is in Italian so you can check out the rough translation on kykjammie's Twitter if needed. Here is the thread.

This is the first time we here from Lavarini himself that he's in discussion with the KVA about continuing with the NT so I'm praying that he'll stay. 🙏

The NT team is featured on The Spike's September issue:

• what's their IG? also do you have the other coaching staff's IGs too? haha

Lavarini: https://www.instagram.com/stefanolavarini79/

César: https://www.instagram.com/cesarernandez/

Andrea: https://www.instagram.com/andreabiazo/

YKMag was referring to Andrea's newest post with the chocolate and the Korean flag. Lavarini, KYK (and Milka Korea) shared it on their Instagram Story.

It could be hinting at something or he simply posted it because the girls shared the story in the Radio Star episode. :lol: