CEV Champions League 2021 and 2022

• You have to go to Zatorski's instagram instead. That little guy likes posting locker room pictures sometimes. Semeniuk is there, but sadly no Sliwka I think.

Thanks, I’ll do that. Zatorski is cute and has nice bubble ass. As a whole team, they are hot. Even Kaczmarek is not your typical handsome man but he is cute and huge and hunky.

• I really like Toniutti and besides his height i think that he isnt any worse than any setter in the world.

He plays very well with OH an as abble to play in a system as in Zaksza and in French NT.

I really like Benjamin, his style is very entertaining and modern plus his defense is on point almost always which seems Zaksa’s biggest weapon. I sure will try to watch them in their local league.

• Watching again zaksa vs Kazan in particular sets 1 and 2 which I missed. Some random thoughts:

- serve/ reception Level really made the difference: Kazan received better than usual at first and served at full power. Zaksa Served somewhat bad (low risk and basic faults) and passed beyond their standards in particular sliwka (even considering Kazan was hitting real hard). From there Kazan’s block pretty much shut down zaksa’s spikers.

Then After 2 sets Zaksa Started serving harder and passed better- Semeniuk Rose and shined in attack. From there it slowly slipped away from Kazan, with loss of the third set as a clear Turning point.

- michailov is still a top, very reliable opposite. What a serve quality he delivered

- I did not realize what a dominant Libero zatoraki became - Passing but also defense, WOW.
    - Volkov still does the job offensively but what a lousy blocker. So slow it gets annoying 🥶. Time for a change.

- I find David smith a little dull. His stats in plusliga are okay as I was checking but there a something I m missing. Maybe a stronger serve 🤭

• A japanese friend or maybe a friend who I think is japanese online called Semeniuk "Semen-kun".

I still don't know how I managed to survive from laughing so hard. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• well, I forgot to post it while watching the match, it is now a custom to be baffled at the spectators when watching a match played in Russia, crowd seemed a little bit bigger to me. There were people without mask and Starseva and Fabris were one of them 😩

• I also remembered Toniutti played for Kazan in 2014, didn‘t he? Was it the season they got Marouf in mid-season? Was Benjamin injured or did not achieve Kazan’s expectations?

Indeed. A stint. Toniutti just landed in Kazan after his Ravenna years. shortly thereafter Kazan had opportunity to transfer Marouf, which they did. Toniutti was freed and Managed to land in friedrichshafen if not mistaken. I guess performance was not the primary driver, rather an opportunity to hire an supposedly best fitting setter

• It is important to consider the fact that while Semeniuk is playing in a supporting, unhostile team, Bednorz is stuck in a toxic, cunning environment. It is also hard to predict Heynen’s choices.

Wasn’t there an issue whereby bednorsz would only join national team if guaranteed a starter spot ?

• Really!?? He himself should be very clear that with Kubiak & Leon in the same team, the possibility for him to have a “guaranteed” starter spot is zero.

I think the fuzz occurred before Leon became eligible for NT representation. Having said that, I just saw that the polish NT roster was announced for 2021. bednorsz is there. So looks things cooled down. By the way that’s a long list and not everyone will do the cut I assume.

• I think the fuzz occurred before Leon became eligible for NT representation. Having said that, I just saw that the polish NT roster was announced for 2021. bednorsz is there. So looks things cooled down. By the way that’s a long list and not everyone will do the cut I assume.

Where is that roster? Can you share a link?

• It is important to consider the fact that while Semeniuk is playing in a supporting, unhostile team, Bednorz is stuck in a toxic, cunning environment. It is also hard to predict Heynen’s choices.

Are you talking about Ngapeth? They seem to be good friends.

• I also remembered Toniutti played for Kazan in 2014, didn‘t he? Was it the season they got Marouf in mid-season? Was Benjamin injured or did not achieve Kazan’s expectations?

Cev didn´t allow Toniutti to play with Kazan in Champions League because he was registered with Ravenna in Challenge Cup so Kazan decided to sign Marouf although his performance was not good enough and Kobzar ended playing as a starter.

• Are you talking about Ngapeth? They seem to be good friends.

No, not specifically someone. There were rumors of dispute within the team and they blamed Bednorz for poor results while N’gapeth behaved selfishly and left the team for France, somehow the team decided to team up and leave the past behind when it came to Ngapeth.

• Zaksa Kazan on air right now. Zaksa took set 2. Toniutti is toying with kazan’s block. Bednorsz bombarded on serve, Ngapeth getting then more balls in pos 4 than usual and gets consistently blocked - zaksa’s plan is underway and works like a charm