CEV Champions League 2021 and 2022

• Plotnytskyi:aww::aww: I had a feeling that he would serve into the net AGAIN before he served…

Giannelli’s sets in the deciding set would become the biggest mystery of this game. He completely forgot his most stable scorer in the previous 4 sets of this match and decided to set 3 consecutive points to Anderson instead, and it was well read by Podrascanin.

• Getting 1 point is not the end of the world for Perugia. They can still advance to final if they win at 3:0 or 3:1 in the 2nd round.

Giannelli needs to cool down at clutch time.

• Plotnytskyi:aww::aww: I had a feeling that he would serve into the net AGAIN before he served…

IMO,

Good server (not necessarily) = good serving sub

Good serving sub (generally) = good server

He clearly is a good server but not a good serving sub.

• Plotnytsky is amazing serve sub, this season many times he was killing it from a service line even on short substitutions. There was a game against Milano (so decent opponent, especially in reception), when Plotnytskyi as a sub served 14 times with 3 aces in 4 sets, so that means on four rotations (one per set) Perugia made 10 break points when he was serving (normally, player serves in 3 rotations per set on average). There's no player that can work in this scheme every time.

Not to mention that even today on 5 rotations Perugia made 4 BPs when Plotnytsky was serving, and that's still statistically amazing result, considering that they made 29 BPs in ~80 rotations in the whole game.

Getting 1 point is not the end of the world for Perugia. They can still advance to final if they win at 3:0 or 3:1 in the 2nd round .

Giannelli needs to cool down at clutch time.

Yup, winning 3-2 is basically only a handicap, not a huge advantage, either way Trentino has to win 3 sets in rematch to advance, the handicap is that they'll get a second tiebreak if they lose one. With 3-1, it's a completely different story, two sets is enough and even if you get beaten badly, you still can advance via golden set. It's a suprise, but I wouldn't overreact, Perugia still has all the tools to make it happen and advance to the finals.

It's quite funny tho that it is probable that we'll see a rematch for last year's final, when both teams lost personnel-wise Toniutti, Kochanowski, Zatorski, Lucarelli, Nimir or Giannelli since last year. I don't think anyone expected that at the beginning of the season. It reminds me Italian female teams in ~2007-2010 period when they were already losing key players to richer leagues, and yet were able to replace them with valuable replacements and win european trophies on regular basis.

• Perugia 1:1 Trentino

Leon was still not in good shape. Trentino sniffed the chances of defeating Perugia.

The set #3 is a crucial set.

• Trentino's serve towards Leon impacts on reception. Once Perugia's reception is not in position, Giannelli's pass is not stable. Then Trentino got a chance to block the open-net attack. This strategy works well so far.

• It looks like Perugia lost confidence. They had an awful start with 0/4 on serve in set #4.

• I seldom saw Grbic lost the temper like this.

• What happened to Leon? Is he sick?

• Trentino was a better team today for sure.

Is Kaziysky injured?