CEV Champions League 2021 and 2022

• Umu11 Juantorena has been injured for quite a while. He is doing rehab in Italy right now and should b be back soon. They were talking by the end of January as there was Coppa Italia, but it has been postponed so maybe they won't rush him.

• Umu11 Juantorena has been injured for quite a while. He is doing rehab in Italy right now and should b be back soon. They were talking by the end of January as there was Coppa Italia, but it has been postponed so maybe they won't rush him.

thank you. I am aware of his injury but didn’t know how long it will take him to get back.

• Zaksa needs to drop David Smith next year - he doesn't belong to this level anymore unfortunately.

Also what a downgrade it is, from Zatorski to Shoji||

If they want to buy someone(s) foreign, relatively cheap and who fit Zaksa's game,

Sign the argentine duo - Agustin Loser and Santi Danani!

• Comparing Zaksa to their team from last season is a but unfair considering they played great volleyball, yet I agree Shoji was not good today. There were some points he should have defended easily, yet he couldn’t, but also he looked a little bit pale. I don’t know if he was good. As I said, they should involve all attackers which they failed at today in some parts and succeeded when they did manage to involve them. I hope to see them improve.

• Comparing Zaksa to their team from last season is a but unfair considering they played great volleyball, yet I agree Shoji was not good today. There were some points he should have defended easily, yet he couldn’t, but also he looked a little bit pale. I don’t know if he was good. As I said, they should involve all attackers which they failed at today in some parts and succeeded when they did manage to involve them. I hope to see them improve.

Shoji has been fairly average and sometimes quite bad this season IMO and also in Olympics too. Yet it's hard to find other libero options to be honest - I love Danani and taking him over from Berlin should be do-able from Zaksa's perspective.

For Zaksa, unfortunately it's true that they need ALL wing spikers (Sliwka/Semeniuk/Kaczmarek) to perform well to stand a chance against the best teams. None of them is top tier attacker but when they are all on (and with good passing), Zaksa's system is a pure joy to watch, especially last year.

• Shoji has been fairly average and sometimes quite bad this season IMO and also in Olympics too. Yet it's hard to find other libero options to be honest - I love Danani and taking him over from Berlin should be do-able from Zaksa's perspective.

For Zaksa, unfortunately it's true that they need ALL wing spikers (Sliwka/Semeniuk/Kaczmarek) to perform well to stand a chance against the best teams. None of them is top tier attacker but when they are all on (and with good passing), Zaksa's system is a pure joy to watch, especially last year.

agree, Kaczmarek has been blocked so many times today, it was sad to watch.

• with 7 points, is it safe to say Zaksa is in the quarterfinals already?

No it's gonna be a double round robin, with 3 more matches to play (I think?).

But I do reckon this 1 point from today is very precious and puts them in a good position so far.

(Please don't draw Perugia in QF:obey:)

• How do you guys think Jansuz fit into Zaksa's system so far?

I like what I saw last year with him in Gdansk.

I think he fits Zaksa well (still to be improved though) and will make Zaksa a good contender in Plusliga but not in Champions league.

Rumour from last year that they would sign an american setter (Christenson maybe) got our fans very excited....

To me, I selfishly would love to watch De Cecco to run Zaksa:cheesy:

• I like what I saw last year with him in Gdansk.

I think he fits Zaksa well (still to be improved though) and will make Zaksa a good contender in Plusliga but not in Champions league.

Rumour from last year that they would sign an american setter (Christenson maybe) got our fans very excited....

To me, I selfishly would love to watch De Cecco to run Zaksa:cheesy:

De Cecco is a good fit to Zaksa.

• Shoji was actually good today, 65% reception with 0 mistakes and some great defences. People who watch Plus Liga know that actually Zatorski is the one that isn't playing good this season ( like the whole Resovia team ) and Shoji only had a difficult start and has been doing good since like the 4/5th round. Today he definately wasn't Zaksa's biggest problem and neither was Smith ( even though his performance was average ). Kaczmarek played poorly with only 9 points in 5 sets and 29% attack and that caused most of Zaksa's problems.

• Shoji was actually good today, 65% reception with 0 mistakes and some great defences. People who watch Plus Liga know that actually Zatorski is the one that isn't playing good this season ( like the whole Resovia team ) and Shoji only had a difficult start and has been doing good since like the 4/5th round. Today he definately wasn't Zaksa's biggest problem and neither was Smith ( even though his performance was average ). Kaczmarek played poorly with only 9 points in 5 sets and 29% attack and that caused most of Zaksa's problems.

Yes Shoji’s passing was great last night, the biggest mistake from him was in the beginning of the 3rd set, he failed to dig a spike from De Cecco!!:aww::aww: That wasn’t really a spike actually but kind of like a free passing coming as Lube was completely out of system, it was just Shoji standing at a wrong position, way too inside of the court. After that point the score became 3-7 from 3-3 and the 3rd set was basically over...

• Yes Shoji’s passing was great last night, the biggest mistake from him was in the beginning of the 3rd set, he failed to dig a spike from De Cecco!!:aww::aww: That wasn’t really a spike actually but kind of like a free passing coming as Lube was completely out of system, it was just Shoji standing at a wrong position, way too inside of the court. After that point the score became 3-7 from 3-3 and the 3rd set was basically over...

I was referring to this position when I said he should have defended easily, there was another easy one in the first set too. I mean, I know I said I don't want to compare them to their team from last season, but both Zatorski and Tonuitti were almost always on point on defense, that is definitely missing. Back court attacks must be used efficiently, that was another thing that was missing.

• I was referring to this position when I said he should have defended easily, there was another easy one in the first set too. I mean, I know I said I don't want to compare them to their team from last season, but both Zatorski and Tonuitti were almost always on point on defense, that is definitely missing. Back court attacks must be used efficiently, that was another thing that was missing.

I do think Zaksa did try to involve all the attackers including middles and the pipe, it was just the attacks of Smith and pipes of Sliwka not able score when they were given chances, that limited the choice of Jansuz and forced him to set to the wings more often. But OTOH, Jansuz may also be responsible for that, especially to the sets to the pipes of Sliwka. Lube’s blockers could read and predict where he would set, that caused troubles for Sliwka to get pass the blocks.