CEV and Challenge Cup 2021

• Francophone teams are playing well against russian teams so far in the semifinals.

I'm more worried with Zenitspb because they are becoming a prey instead of the predator for Noliko with their outstanding passing and defending.

Dinamo is atleast a team that knows how to win tiebreaks so maybe they can still figure Montpellier out if it leads to another set or just avoid it altogether.

Anyway it's always great to see a battle of extreme opposites between good teams.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Noliko tried but there is a significant talent gap between two teams.

Podrebinkin was probably Zenit's most impactful player tonight. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise Poletaev couldn't play as Podrebinkin's serve and even the tips were the ones Noliko had most difficulty to adjust with.

It could've gone either way so Noliko should feel proud even though they lost.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zenit was down 10-14 in the Golden set and was on the verge of elimination and saved 6 match points to advance to the Finals..one of the biggest comeback IMO

• Zenit was down 10-14 in the Golden set and was on the verge of elimination and saved 6 match points to advance to the Finals..one of the biggest comeback IMO

Do you have any working links for the game?

#FreeBritney

• Sokolov sustained an ankle injury from Dinamo's last match with Montpellier, so the CEV Final should be played with both substitute opposites from both teams

• Brizard is playing really well but also very risky. One thing I've noticed with him is his creativity have gone upwards when Podrebinkin is playing compared to Poletaev.

Dinamo could've serve better late in the first set. They kinda gave away the set and Sokolov should've controlled his errors especially during his serve.

#FreeBritney

• I really wonder if Dinamo's coach made a mistake bringing in Semyshev to serve for Likshosherstov.

#FreeBritney

• Our smexy central slash hunk with a perfect pass to Pankov. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Sokolov is back? Poletaev still MIA, but Zenit now leading 2-1. Wow did not expect this.

• It's a good sign for Zenitspb is using Kliuka even in the backrow.

Pankov should start improving his precision by making more smart runs and less hurried setting when you're not even positioned correctly limiting his view of his attackers.

#FreeBritney

• That was close. Tiebreak god saved the day for everyone again. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• That was close. Tiebreak god saved the day for everyone again. :obey:

Ughhh I hope Zenit wins this in the end

• Starting the serve with Kliuka is a little risky imho. Podrebinkin is starting to choke as well.

Pankov with a bad set to Sokolov when Kliuka and the MB is not that far away from his side.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Ughhh I hope Zenit wins this in the end

Dinamo and tiebreaks make a blessed matrimony though. lol

#FreeBritney

• Moscow starting to run away. I hope Poletaev gets to play the away match, his injury appeared not so serious, wonder why it's taking him long to return.

• That Moscow middle blocker surely is one of the contender as one of the hottest volleyball player right now :rose:

• How many times Zenit played Moscow before this match in Russian league? 4 times if I'm not mistaken and they all lost looks like this last one is no exception :gone:

• Moscow starting to run away. I hope Poletaev gets to play the away match, his injury appeared not so serious, wonder why it's taking him long to return.

If I were Sammelvuo, I'd play Camejo as opposite if Podrebinkin isn't doing well. Less hassle for Brizard to change his location for Poletaev even if he's available plus this can take pressure away from Kliuka.

Still...this depends on Camejo's condition and his ability to play opposite after a long time off the court.

#FreeBritney

• Rains

Changed the title of the thread from “CEV Cup 2021” to “CEV and Challenge Cup 2021”.
  • I hope the mods allow me merging the CEV and Challenge Cup because the other thread isn't active. Think it's better this way so the finals of both competitions will attract more posters here. :drink:

#FreeBritney