2021 Shaanxi Chinese National Games (female volleyball event)

• https://weibo.com/u/2211979435?is_all=1

Weibo..sports/Volleyball has news, scores, short video clips etc etc (but no stats). They’re all in Chinese...there could be an option button for English somewhere. I’m guessing, maybe you can read Japanese (maybe even Chinese also) If so, you should be able to follow these articles.

That weibo link just offers me to download apps, or something, but somehow I landed here https://m.weibo.cn/u/221197943…011&lfid=1076032211979435 which seems useful, but then wants me to log in to see more than a handful of posts. I can't quite determine who won all the matches last night, tho :( but I see Zhu Ting set a record with 46 points

on that weibo site:

that means stats are out there somewhere.

Julian Chow I'm english only but do okay with an army of translation tools :)

• That stat sheet must be for a dudes match, Shanghai v Hebei

• The Macao team, whose players range from 160cm to 175cm in height must have been shocked to see the size of the Liaoning players. But nevertheless the girls, who are mostly college students and recent graduates and their coaches (PE teachers) did enjoyed the occasion. For them, winning or losing is less important than the experience they got. Volleyball is for everyone. Play it, watch it or just follow it, as long as you’re happy doing it.

• The Macao team, whose players range from 160cm to 175cm in height must have been shocked to see the size of the Liaoning players. But nevertheless the girls, who are mostly college students and recent graduates and their coaches (PE teachers) did enjoyed the occasion. For them, winning or losing is less important than the experience they got. Volleyball is for everyone. Play it, watch it or just follow it, as long as you’re happy doing it.

Now ... that kind of thing just sets my heart aflutter. Macau is beautiful, the 3–25 score notwithstanding :rolll: I hope they win the whole thing :)

• I will try to post updated scores when they become available....😃

• Zhu Ting scores 46 points to help Henan overcome Liaoning in 5 sets.

Btw if you do a search on 全运女排 on YouTube (copy and paste) a bunch of short video clips like the above, will appear. They’re fun to watch.

Unfortunately no video :(

Shameful

• I will try to post updated scores when they become available....😃

I think I sleuthed them, correct me if I'm wrong:

Day 2

Group A

Macau 0 : 3 Zhejiang

Henan 3 : 2 Liaoning

Jiangsu 3 : 0 Sichuan

Group B

Tianjin 3 : 0 Fujian

Beijing 0 : 3 Shandong

Yunnan 1 : 3 Guangdong Evergrande

• they have won...the hearts of many people :heart:

That play where they had a couple nice reaction saves and then the third hit didn't make it over the net ;(

• <3:heart:<3

• The second day of the 8th National Games Women's Volleyball Preliminary: Zhu Ting helped Henan reverse and advance into the finals round

Tencent News - 07 April 2021

ON APRIL 7, the second round of the Women's Volleyball Preliminary of the National Games was held. The most frustrated team in this round is Beijing team, which suffered two consecutive defeats and was in a hurry to get out of the competition. The happiest team is Henan team, which achieved a great reversal under the leadership of Zhu ting and confirmed to advance to the finals of the Eighth National Games.

Match Results on 07 April:

Tianjin vs Fujian 3-0

Zhejiang vs Macao 3-0

Shandong vs Beijing 3-0

Henan vs Liaoning 3-2

Jiangsu vs Sichuan 3-0

Guangdong vs Yunnan 3-1

Henan 3:2 Liaoning (14/25, 22/25, 25/20, 25/18, 15/10). Since there is no live broadcast, we can only imagine the wonderful picture and intensity of this game. It can be seen from the score that, driven by Zhu Ting, the momentum of the Henan team is gradually moving upward as the game progresses.

According to authoritative media reports, after losing the first set with huge deficit, the Henan team made bold changes in the second set. Cai Xiao-qing changed to play as the setter, Han Wen-ya changed from opposite to the OH, and Zhai Si-qi took the lead as the receiver. This change really worked. The score of both sides in this game has been very close, and Henan team only lost on the key points in the end.

After nine times levelling scores in the third set, Zhu Ting scored continuously to help the team start to "surpass" their opponents - 14:9, 16:13, 20:14, 23:15. Although the team was chased by the opponent for five points, Henan still kept winning.

Henan team, which started the fourth set in complete control, didn't give any chance to the Liaoning team. 8:5, 11:7, 21:14, they strongly dragged the game into the decisive set.

In the decisive set, Henan team exchanged the court with a slight advantage of 8:7. After that, the game was completely dominated by Zhu Ting, who even buckled and blocked to help the team "counter attack" and defeat the strong opponent Liaoning team.

Following up this match, Henan team has successively "gnawed down" the two "hard bones" of Sichuan and Liaoning, leaving four opponents including Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Hebei and Macao. Because the strength of Hebei and Macao teams is really limited, even if Zhu Ting is not onboard, it's still no problem for the Henan team to beat them. Therefore, Henan team has actually completed the qualification task ahead of schedule.

Zhu Ting scored 46 points, setting not only a new personal record in the National Games, but also the highest score in all types of women's volleyball competitions in China.

Jiangsu 3:0 Sichuan (25-10, 25-13, 25-13). The Sichuan team by not fielding its two veteran talents: Wang Chen and Zhang Xiaoya, is equivalent to the direct surrender of the match.

Zhejiang 3:0 Macau (25-5, 25-9, 25-8)

Shandong 3:0 Beijing (26-24, 25-21, 25-12)

Beijing team lost to Guangdong and Shandong in a row, and the remaining teams to face are Tianjin, Shanghai, Fujian and Yunnan. Beijing have to beat at least three out of the four teams to qualify. It's even more difficult!

Tianjin 3:0 Fujian (25-12, 25-21, 25-14)

Guangdong 3:1 Yunnan (20-25, 25-23, 25-18, 25-18)

(…)

全运会女排预赛第二轮:朱婷助河南逆转晋级,北京两连败出线告急_腾讯新闻

https://new.qq.com/omn/20210408/20210408A00BHC00.html

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It can be seen from the score that, driven by Zhu Ting, the momentum of the Henan team is gradually moving upward as the game progresses.

It shows that Zhu Ting is dependable leader. The team believe in her and she believed in her team. This is why I love volleyball.

• Who is the Shandong setter? She outplayed Yao Di, but its not merely her problem, Tianjin receives had been unseen since the second set.

The main setter of the Shandong team is Mei Xiao-han 梅笑寒

Shandong team was stronger than I'd have expected in the match against Tianjin, Tianjin narrowly escaped from the defeat. And Song Mei-li had a good match there.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Tianjin defeated Shandong in 5 sets today.

For Tianjin, setter Yao Di’s performance was inconsistent but Li YY displayed some of her lightning fast spiking. Yuan Xinyue’s blocking made a big impact, especially towards the end of the 5th set when the score was 14-14. She made two crucial blocks to help end the match.

:win: