2021 Shaanxi Chinese National Games (female volleyball event)

• Any link to watch live stream?

In theory,

CCTV5: https://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv5/

CCTV5+: https://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv5plus/

according to the schedule and hope other events be not at the same time

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yan Ni is the flag-bearer of Liaoning Province.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Is this just a full round robin, top 4 to semifinals?

[-] nvm - I see fire_cai_bin 's post on the previous page

• can you do a quick run down of NT players (or at least good/known ones) on the teams?

im lazy :lol:

Sure.

* Zhu Ting is in Henan. Nobody else in Henan has made a wide roster. Even with Zhu playing at her best (2018-19 in vakifbank) they are not expected to make the final 4. I hope she doesn't play and just carries the flag.

* Yuan Xinyue, Li Yingying, Wang Yuanyuan, and Yao Di are in Tianjin. One of the hot favourites to win it all.

* Zhang Changning, Gong Xiangyu, Diao Linyu, and Ni Feifan are in Jiangsu. The latter have made some rosters and are expected to be a main part of the 2022-2024 triad. Like Tianjin, jiangsu is also a favourite to win this and are defending champions.

It would be a big surprise one of Tianjin and Jiangsu do not make final 4.

* Ding Xia and Yan Ni are in Liaoning, joined by Liu Yanhan. They will fight for a spot in the final 4.

* Wang Mengjie and Yang Hanyu are in Shandong, which also has some promising young players (I happen to not recall them at the moment...) They will try to make the final 4 as well.

* There aren't many national team players in Shanghai, but Gao Yi was a part of last VNL and played in the 2017 WGP. There are also some former national team players like Zhang Lei who played in the 2012 olympics. Their team selection tends to favour short and quick players so unlikely to feature in any national team roster with the current trend of hitters approaching 2m. Their libero Wang Weiyi is decent and was called to a wide roster once.

* Zhejiang like Shanghai also has former NT players like Li Jing (outside), Wang Na (setter), Wang Huimin (outside/lib), and Zhu Yuezhou (opposite). I think I last saw them in 2014 WCh so it's been a while.

* Guangdong has Li Yao who we saw in the VNL of course, and some hopefuls like Chen Peiyan (opposite).

I would say it's all Tianjin-Jiangsu and don't expect them to lose to other teams in the competition. Liaoning, Shandong, and Shanghai will probably fight it out for 3-4.

last, womens' volleyball flagbearers were Zhu for Henan, Yan Ni for Liaoning, and a middle blocker for Tianjin called Wang Ning. Not really a part of national team but won 2013 U20 with Zhu Ting (I think, can't remember exactly)

Actually there were a lot of talents in that U20 roster:

Wang Ning -- went to Tianjin team

Zheng Yixin -- went to Fujian team, made national team

Qin Siyu -- went to Shanghai (may get displaced by Gao Yi)

Yang Fangxu -- Shandong, made national team

Zhu Ting -- Henan, made national team

Chen Xintong -- Tianjin, probably will replace Yao Di when the latter ages out

Wang Mengjie -- Shandong and also made national team

Huang Liuyan -- Bayi but probably a free agent now.

• I guess this is the best place for schedule/scores?

• avid I am silly and forgot that Yang Junjing joined Jiangsu (used to be Bayi, but went to Jiangsu because her husband/boyfriend/fiancee/whatever he is is from there). She was best middle in 2014 WCh and won 2015 World Cup.

• Zhang Lei (London 2012) still got it! :lol:

I wonder if she will continue playing in the league or retire after the national games? Shanghai doesn't have much options at opposite and she's currently the best at that position for them.

• Zhang Lei (London 2012) still got it! :lol:

I wonder if she will continue playing in the league or retire after the national games? Shanghai doesn't have much options at opposite and she's currently the best at that position for them.

well they have larson and kim. maybe one of the young players or Yang Jie will get moved to opposite.

• Some remarks about Jiangsu - Tianjin:

Positive note:

LYY is the best outside hitter that China has right now: when she jumps at her full potential, she is just over the top

Ni Fei Fan is the best Chinese libero by far.. she really deserves to be the starter at the next WCH

Yuan was hitting so hard. Her blocking was also good.

ZCN was solid;

Negative notes:

not impressed by Chen Boys and Wang Yizhu;

Gong looked demotivated.

for the wch I would love to see ZCN at opposite, Zhu and LYY as outside.

• Any links to the Guangdong - Zhejiang match? Guangdong won the first two sets, but then lost the third, fourth, and final fifth set.

Also is individual statistics and data not available on the website? I couldn't find anything about players stats, only the set scores.