2021 Shaanxi Chinese National Games (female volleyball event)

• I seen that Gong Xiangyu had a close call with injury when both her and Li YY landed close to the net. ;(

yeah.... the mob will do their thing soon... :down:

Any links to the Guangdong - Zhejiang match? Guangdong won the first two sets, but then lost the third, fourth, and final fifth set.

Also is individual statistics and data not available on the website? I couldn't find anything about players stats, only the set scores.

I don't see it either... some fans recorded LYY took 35/79 swings, 4 blocks, and 1 serve. crazy stuff.

• Any links to the Guangdong - Zhejiang match? Guangdong won the first two sets, but then lost the third, fourth, and final fifth set.

Also is individual statistics and data not available on the website? I couldn't find anything about players stats, only the set scores.

Forgot to link the match. It's all here.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Gv411A7KC?p=3

• OK, I'll watch it for Yuan. Yao Di better have set her often.

• Brief question... is this common practice that the videos disappear from this particular YouTube Channel? Henan vs Shanghai and Liaoning vs Shandong are already gone, but luckily I saved them beforehand to watch them later. Currently saving the new ones from today for my personal collection, but duh... fire_cai_bin ... is this bilibili site you linked to earlier a good alternative? I dont read Chinese and cant really navigate it. Guess I have to learn it, eventually.

Right now I am still in awe about the first set point Liaoning vs Shandong, which I am watching right now, absolutely fabolous. :obey:

• Nobody has found match reports, huh?

• Brief question... is this common practice that the videos disappear from this particular YouTube Channel? Henan vs Shanghai and Liaoning vs Shandong are already gone, but luckily I saved them beforehand to watch them later. Currently saving the new ones from today for my personal collection, but duh... fire_cai_bin ... is this bilibili site you linked to earlier a good alternative? I dont read Chinese and cant really navigate it. Guess I have to learn it, eventually.

Right now I am still in awe about the first set point Liaoning vs Shandong, which I am watching right now, absolutely fabolous. :obey:

Yes, the guy doesn't want to get copyright problems.

bilibili usually has full match videos. Unfortunately you can't watch in 720p or higher (only 480p) unless you register an account (which you need to use the Chinese interface)

• Henan might want to think about changing their coach. Their players haven't made much progress in the past couple years. Whenever they make an error it usually comes in bunches then they have a hard time regrouping and by that time the other team is way ahead.

If their talent pool in the youth categories haven't been good then they should've thought about transferring in some of the Bayi players to add more depth.

• Shandong plays Tianjin today. Since Shandong already lost to their direct competitors Liaoning and Shanghai they likely won't make the final 4.

Could be Jiangsu, Tianjin, Shanghai, Liaoning.

• Wang Yizhu really struggling. Not sure if she'll get invited to the NT next year if she plays like this during the season.

Tianjin putting on a block party in this 3rd set.

• fire_cai_bin Is there a link for the youth final between Tianjin and Jiangsu. I seen the scoreboard that Jiangsu won. Apparently they have a tall middle blocker that's pretty good.

found it

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1K64y1a71e?p=9

Tall middle blocker, do you mean Wu Mengjie? She used to be middle.

• I am positively surprised by Gao Yi's improvements. She can turn into a second Yuan if she keeps improving like this.. then China will have a super duo of middle blockers, who can spike over any block all the time :super:

Regarding Chen Peiyan, I think she used to jump a lil higher... She doesn't seem very fluid right now, maybe she had an injury? She has the power but lacks of coordination and is a bit too slow. She reminds me of Karsta Lowe.. I hope she reaches a Boskovic-tier level :lol: but she needs to improve her speed and coordination.

• I am positively surprised by Gao Yi's improvements. She can turn into a second Yuan if she keeps improving like this.. then China will have a super duo of middle blockers, who can spike over any block all the time :super:

Regarding Chen Peiyan, I think she used to jump a lil higher... She doesn't seem very fluid right now, maybe she had an injury? She has the power but lacks of coordination and is a bit too slow. She reminds me of Karsta Lowe.. I hope she reaches a Boskovic-tier level :lol: but she needs to improve her speed and coordination.

I think playing in Shanghai is what's helping her improve. Shanghai has lots of veteran players with leadership and experience that can help guide her. Their reception is pretty good too which also allows the setter more options to use the middle blockers.

Chen Peiyan's recent injury was related to her eyesight if I'm not mistaken which is why she started wearing the goggles this year. Didn't hear anything about her having leg/knee problems that could limit her jumping ability.