Polish NT 2021

• They want someone not working in a POLISH club. Working for foreign club is not a problem.

To be honest, the rule is that the coach cannot work for any club. Even Heynen, had to get a permission to coaching Perugia.

• Damn, I'm a bit terrified that Heynen will win this contest easily: he has amazing resume and strong fanbase in Poland, and people in general won't criticize if he gets hired, because he's like Nawrocki in never working with female team, but in contrary ... he has won WCH as a coach. I don't think he will have too big expectations financially (I believe that indeed he's strongly attached to Poland after all these years in Bydgoszcz and Men's NT), and he doesn't work with a club, so that gives him an extra edge as well in comparison to Lavarini.

But it would be another experiment with female NT, and while he's a good coach, I don't think that he would fit well with his antics to female volleyball. Obviously, this is still much better choice than any Polish coach, and he can be as good with women as with men, and that on its own would be a huge development over Nawrocki, but for God's sake, it's not too much to expect hiring once in a decade a respected coach in female volleyball on international scale.

• Damn, I'm a bit terrified that Heynen will win this contest easily: he has amazing resume and strong fanbase in Poland, and people in general won't criticize if he gets hired, because he's like Nawrocki in never working with female team, but in contrary ... he has won WCH as a coach. I don't think he will have too big expectations financially (I believe that indeed he's strongly attached to Poland after all these years in Bydgoszcz and Men's NT), and he doesn't work with a club, so that gives him an extra edge as well in comparison to Lavarini.

But it would be another experiment with female NT, and while he's a good coach, I don't think that he would fit well with his antics to female volleyball. Obviously, this is still much better choice than any Polish coach, and he can be as good with women as with men, and that on its own would be a huge development over Nawrocki, but for God's sake, it's not too much to expect hiring once in a decade a respected coach in female volleyball on international scale.

He can’t coach women...

He just can’t.

• I like Poland and I hope girls get the coach they deserve, yet I don’t think that is Heynen. I like many Polish players and support them but if Heynen gets the job, I will cheer against them sadly. Not that anybody cares lol

I don’t think he is the coach this team needs, I think after all those years of double standard, lack of experience, conflicts with players, they need a coach who could find common ground, have good relations with everybody and push players to be better.

• I like Poland and I hope girls get the coach they deserve, yet I don’t think that is Heynen. I like many Polish players and support them but if Heynen gets the job, I will cheer against them sadly. Not that anybody cares lol

I don’t think he is the coach this team needs, I think after all those years of double standard, lack of experience, conflicts with players, they need a coach who could find common ground, have good relations with everybody and push players to be better.

On a top of that, NT is not a place to learn how to coach women. There is a huge difference between men and women not only in strength, but also in mental aspects.

• On a top of that, NT is not a place to learn how to coach women. There is a huge difference between men and women not only in strength, but also in mental aspects.

I agree. There is another point which is he couldn’t achieve goals of men team, he was unsuccessful and they are going to fire him from men team AND hire back for women team. Isn’t it absurd?

• he was unsuccessful and they are going to fire him from men team AND hire back for women team. Isn’t it absurd?

Technically speaking, he wasn't fired, his contract expired after ECH. No matter how much I dislike him, he's still the most successful coach we've had since 70s in both male and female volleyball on NT level.

• The coach has the right to enter the competition. However, the whole situation is strange. Heynen is resigning from male NT and now wants to train women. We are Cinderella again. If he's so good, let him stay with the men. Why should there be a change and women get a coach that PZPS believes is not good enough for men NT? Jacek Nawrocki has never worked with women before - Małgorzata Glinka about Heynen.

I agree with her.

• When it comes to skills, general coaching experience and training I am very calm. The Belgian would probably also communicate with the players without any problems.

- The huge disadvantage, however, is the fact that coach Heynen has no experience in working with women. I don't think it would be that easy to jump right in and take over the team. Working with men and women is very different. Thus, I do not know if Vital would be able to put quickly the team together. ~ Magdalen Śliwa about Heynen

• Antiga is a coach who like when team play a lot with OHs and OPP. Middles are mainly for blocking, so this is the same style that Polish NT have been playing for several years.

Akbas prefers faster and crazies style, but with Stysiak as OH that’s impossible. So if he becomes a coach he will have to find another way oh his style.

IMHO I hope that Ferhat will be coach cause I wanna see Wasilewska and other faster Middles in NT.

• I am not fully convinced by Antiga, he didn't win a thing in Tauron Liga. I like Ferhat, he had an influence on Chemik and players, but I would still choose Lavarini/Santarelli if they would be available.

Quite annoying that Nawrocki was always discrediting players, saying many negative things, while Ferhat said that Poland has a lot of good and strong players, but they need to learn how to win and how the team needs to be organised.

I guess, it was always easier to complain about players than his own skills.

• Antiga is a coach who like when team play a lot with OHs and OPP. Middles are mainly for blocking, so this is the same style that Polish NT have been playing for several years.

Akbas prefers faster and crazies style, but with Stysiak as OH that’s impossible. So if he becomes a coach he will have to find another way oh his style.

IMHO I hope that Ferhat will be coach cause I wanna see Wasilewska and other faster Middles in NT.

They need to work with Czyrniańska, she will do the work that Stysiak did as OH. Smarzek will be sub for Magda as OPP. Taking into consideration that we have tall OHs like Czyrniańska, Piasecka, Szlagowska I don't see Stysiak/Smarzek as OH anymore. I agree about MBs, the faster they are the better. I really liked Gryka in friendly matches, we should add Wasilewska, Stencel, Centka and Pierzchała. In addition Efimienko if she's interested.

I want justice for Fedusio, IMO she could play better than Górecka and Łukasik, sadly did not get a chance.

• I cant wait for new coach of Polish NT:super:

I really cross my fingers for Ferhat Akbas. He looks like know what to do with this team and he is more experience than Antiga or Heynen in working with Female teams. Lets wait for final decision:box:

• They need to work with Czyrniańska, she will do the work that Stysiak did as OH. Smarzek will be sub for Magda as OPP. Taking into consideration that we have tall OHs like Czyrniańska, Piasecka, Szlagowska I don't see Stysiak/Smarzek as OH anymore. I agree about MBs, the faster they are the better. I really liked Gryka in friendly matches, we should add Wasilewska, Stencel, Centka and Pierzchała. In addition Efimienko if she's interested.

I want justice for Fedusio, IMO she could play better than Górecka and Łukasik, sadly did not get a chance.

They need to work with Czyrniańska, she will do the work that Stysiak did as OH. Smarzek will be sub for Magda as OPP. Taking into consideration that we have tall OHs like Czyrniańska, Piasecka, Szlagowska I don't see Stysiak/Smarzek as OH anymore. I agree about MBs, the faster they are the better. I really liked Gryka in friendly matches, we should add Wasilewska, Stencel, Centka and Pierzchała. In addition Efimienko if she's interested.

Hope that new coach will see those girls in NT! Czyrniańska was really good this summer and with better coach she can be top player! Szlagowska the same. I saw some matches Piasecka and stats from ŁKS friendly matches and I think that she is the same level like Czyrniańska:drink:We have big potential but we need coach who will make good choices:obey:

• Technically speaking, he wasn't fired, his contract expired after ECH. No matter how much I dislike him, he's still the most successful coach we've had since 70s in both male and female volleyball on NT level.

???

• Better options imo and i think that Antiga was the same as Heynen in results with the mens team. Of course that the Antiga's team didnt have the best hitter of the world.