Polish NT 2021

• Conegliano's mindset is called Egonu.. Poland doesn't have a go-to player like that

No it is called team play with great block-defence. and great organization in the game.

That is why Egonu in Conegliano >>>>>> Egonu in NT.

• "Poland doesn't have a go-to player like that"

and that´s what a good coach should make from Stysiak :whistle:

I agree that Stysiak has potential to be that type of player.. But what about Smarzek? Do you guys still believe she can be as dominant as she was a couple VNLs ago or that ship has already sailed?

• I agree that Stysiak has potential to be that type of player.. But what about Smarzek? Do you guys still believe she can be as dominant as she was a couple VNLs ago or that ship has already sailed?

I personally don't believe it, I think she may be very valuable player, but as sub, because she's a great blocker and quite good attacker. I think she's burnout and not as much into volleyball as before. She has a decent season in Russia, but she's not the same player. Stysiak has bigger potential.

• yes, I also think Smarzek doesnt have that potential - or I would say, she will really need some good coach (Guidetti and Vakif) to become better player - Sloetjes also didnt have some spectacular potential

• I agree that Stysiak has potential to be that type of player.. But what about Smarzek? Do you guys still believe she can be as dominant as she was a couple VNLs ago or that ship has already sailed?

her current season in Russia makes me feel like she will come back to her old shape. I think it was a really good team choice, she is the team leader but it is not like when she has a bad moment - there is noone to help, because Voronkova is also doing very good.

• I also think that Smarzek doesnt say last word. I follow her games in Russian league and I can say that she is in good shape and will be helpful in NT:super:

• Santarelli and Lavarini are obviously really great choices, and Chiappini obviously has a really great agent to be alongside them. Antiga is like between, he would be an upgrade, but IMHO still pretty disappointing choice.

Agree 100%. I think that either one of them (Lavarini or Santarelli) should become a coach. Chiappini is a big joke along them. And Antiga? I would prefer someone with fresh vision and "outside" to give girls some more motivation to come to NT camp. Neither Antiga or Chiappini will be something new to the girls and with them as coach it will be the same as having Nawrocki.

• Chiappini 🥴 the mastermind behind the genius idea of playing with Neriman and Seda Tokatlioglu while having Nihan as libero who had inadequate receiving skills lol

Lavarini is the obvious choice for me. I still don’t think highly of Santarelli.

• Lavarini is the best option. He has proven himself on international level, and more importantly, with different style of plays. From the fast system of Minas, to the Korean NT with both the twins & KYK, and even with only KYK left. He managed to achieve great results in all these teams with completely different style of plays. In Novara, he has yet to achieve the best results he’d have wished due to the dominance of Imoco and some weak positions in previous roaster. But overall speaking the team is still very competitive and seems to be doing better this season so far.

For Santarelli, his biggest advantage is his successful cooperation with Wolosz, who will be very important for the NT in the Paris OG cycle. But one big question mark is whether he can build a team that isn’t Imoco style, as the MBs of the Polish team aren’t as quick nor as dominant in attack as the MBs of Imoco. The Polish NT also lacks an OH like Hill or Courtney.

Still, I will be very excited for the Polish girls if either one of these two Italians becomes the head coach. They are the best options you can have right now and it’s nice to see the Polish NT finally seems to be on the right track. I’ll be looking forward to seeing the Polish girls to finally have a chance to reach their full potential and to achieve something great on international level.

• I cheered Ferhat Akbas:white: for me he had good character and fresh looking for polish players:wall:and what I liked in him that he saw big potential in this NT

• Nothing against but he already wrote that three remaining candidates are Barbolini, Lavarini and Santarelli 😅

Pasini has maaaaany good info and many trash info, it's still a good sign if he says that something will happen, because there's some probability this is correct. :lol:

But jokes aside, Santarelli is an obvious candidate considering his chemistry with Wolosz and overall hype, he was eager to work for Croatia, so I don't think his financial expectations are high either. We'll see, it's very likely tho.

• Pasini has maaaaany good info and many trash info, it's still a good sign if he says that something will happen, because there's some probability this is correct. :lol:

lol The federation needs to conduct the final interviews with candidates and Pasini already knows the results :D