Poland - Tauron Liga 2021/22

• And Wrocław lost again :D Finally a great game by Aelbrecht, Biała was also very good today and Skorupa made things much easier for the attackers.

#Volley Wrocław 1 : 3 Radomka Radom

( 23-25, 23-25, 25-21, 17-25 )

MVP - Freya Aelbrecht

Murek 16, Wellna 14, Kocic 12 / Aelbrecht 19, Zaroślińska 13, Biała 8

• Care to translate, please?

Zuzanna Górecka. - Both teams played a good match, maybe it was luck that decided in such endings. I am very pleased with this result and this is the most important thing. They are girls (UNI OPOLE) who play volleyball very well. It does not matter that this is their first season in the TAURON League, because they play as if they have been here for a long time.

• Care to translate, please?

I would like to praise the team from Opole, because it is a team that presents great volleyball, brave. Although there are no volleyball stars there, these girls are very good at the task entrusted to them. It's nice that such a newbie has appeared and developed as a club, because it can be seen - Jakub Gluszak

• Thanks for the translation, UNI Wilczyce

Yeah, it seems that Opole started the League as a huge underdog and surprised some teams. Maybe that made them achieve a position that even themselves didn't expect. But as the season progresses, the other teams might study their game and be better prepared to face them. It is up to them to discover new ways of surprising their adversaries. I think we can expect more surprises, there's a lot of balance between the top 7 or 8 teams in the League.

• First part of the season is over, let me share with you my dream team:

Setter: Gabriela Makarowska (UNI OPOLE)

I really hope to see her in NT, she has a huge potencial, I love her connection with middles. I'm sure she is the main reason why Opole is doing so well this season.

Opposite: Katarzyna Zaroślińska (RADOMKA RADOM)

She is the only one in Radom who keeps a good level all the time, without Kasia they would be probably in the bottom of the table. I thought she would be past her prime but hell no, she is still one of the best in our league :flower:

Outside hitters: Olivia Różański (LEGIONOVIA), Veronica Jones-Perry (ŁKS ŁÓDŹ)

The most powerful OHs duo, they are in the top 3 of best scorers in the whole league. I really hope both of them will play in better leagues in the nearest future :heart:

Middle blockers: Kamila Witkowska (ŁKS ŁÓDŹ), Agnieszka Kąkolewska (CHEMIK POLICE)

Kamila is back to her great shape and I am hoping for a big comeback to NT, Kąkolewska confirmed she is the best polish MB, she is unstoppable this season. They are both amazing blockers (1st and 2nd place in the whole league).

Libero: Maria Stenzel (CHEMIK POLICE)

Besides her amazing receiving skills she is also doing great in defence and I still don't understand why she wasn't playing full-time during VNL and ECH.

MY FULL ROSTER:

S: Makarowska, Kowalewska

OPP: Zaroślińska, Honorio

OH: Różański, VJP, Blagojević, Bidias

MB: Witkowska, Kąkolewska, Stencel, Orzyłowska

L: Stenzel, Lemańczyk

• Standings after 11 games:

1. Chemik Police 28 points (9-2)

2. Developres Rzeszów 27 (10-1)

3. ŁKS Łódź 22 (7-4)

4. Legionovia 21 (8-3)

5. Budowlani Łódź 21 (6-5)

6. Radomka Radom 20 (6-5)

7. UNI Opole 13 (5-6)

8. #VolleyWrocław 11 (4-7)

9. BKS Bielsko-Biała 11 (4-7)

10. MKS Kalisz 10 (2-9)

11. Pałac Bydgoszcz 9 (3-8)

12. Joker Świecie 5 (2-9)

• What can you tell us about LKS and Roberta, particularly? I've been following mostly the statistics but it's harder to judge a setter's performance without actually watching the matches. It seems the team is very irregular. Brazilian fans feel eager to know more about how she is doing, but it's not so easy to watch the Polish League.

• She's doing very good job in my opinion. She tries to involve MBs as much as possible and Grajber is doing better in attack thanks to her I think. She's definitely in Top 3 of setters in the league. In my opinion she could easily play in team like Fenerbahce THY, Monza, Scandicci or Novara. She's reliable and deserves way more.

• How is VJP's reception holding? She was very good as Opp, I am curious about her transition to OH:teach:

By the way, Why Leginowo is 4th instead of 3rd in the ranking? Points are more important than wins?