Brazil NT 2021

• Renan released the first list of players for 2021. Given it's too soon as the Superliga SFs haven't even begun yet, the list only included players from Sada Cruzeiro: Alan (OPP), Cachopa (S), Rodriguinho (OH), Isac (MB).

Other players were called for trainings in order to be further observed for the future. They were:

OH: Maicon (Sada Cruzeiro, 16yo)

MB: Leonardo (SESI, 18yo)

OPP: Darlan (SESI 18yo)

L: Alexandre Elias (Guarulhos, 23yo)

• Renan Dal Zotto has pneumonia due to COVID. Apparently nothing serious so far...

Meanwhile, Radamés Lattari has been admitted to the ICU. :sos: They were both watching the Superliga bubble in Saquarema.

• "Bubble"... It's really impressive how incompetent (or criminal) our confederation (or our country) are...

• 5 more players have been called to the NT:

S: Carísio (Itapetininga)

OPP: Wallace (Spor Toto)

MB: Flávio (Aluron Warta Zawiercie)

OH: Vaccari (Vôlei Renata), Adriano (Itapetininga)

• So far we have:

S: Cachopa, Carísio

OPP: Wallace, Allan

MB: Flávio, Isac

OH: Vaccari, Adriano, Rodriguinho

The only questionable name for me is Rodriguinho, especially if Honorato don't get a call.

• I think it's safe to take out Adriano as he was only invited and not called per se (convidado/convocado). I don't know about Honorato too... I can't see Renan calling less than 20 players lol

• Adriano has been invited, not "called". See the difference. :whistle:

• I think after calling Carisio, maybe Rapha and William are out...

• I clearly forgot that Adriano was invited, but that's okay, next year he will be called. Can you distinguish? lol

There's a maximum of how much players can go to the bubble in Italy?

It's safe to say that Bruninho, Lucão, M. Souza, M. Borges, Douglas, Lucarelli, Leal, Thales and Maique will be the next called. I believe that if he calls 18 players, the last spot is going to Felipe Roque.

I will not complain if Rapha and William don't make the list.

• 25 people including staff. I think he won't call more than 18/19 players.

• Is there actually a word in English for "convocado"? lol

If Roque is indeed the last one, then there'll be no place for Honorato and Pinta, both who could be called... unless there's only like 5 people from the staff going.

Anyway, I won't be mad if Rapha or William don't make it too. At least Thiaguinho didn't get a call instead of Carísio. :gone:

• I really want William in Tokyo because of a simple thing: he is the best setter in Brazil.

• Renan Dal Zotto has pneumonia due to COVID. Apparently nothing serious so far...

Meanwhile, Radamés Lattari has been admitted to the ICU. :sos: They were both watching the Superliga bubble in Saquarema.

Now Renan is intubated in the ICU too. :gone:

• Apparently Radamés is in a better situation and out of ICU.

Hope Renan gets well soon and returns to his normal life.

• Right after this news I saw pictures of Camila Brait, Tandara and Dani Lins taking their kids to Saquarema. Sheilla probably will do the same.

Don't need to say nothing more. :aww:

• More players have been called to NT trainings:

S: Bruno

OPP: Felipe Roque

OHs: Mauricio Borges, Douglas Souza, João Rafael

MBs: Mauricio Souza, Lucão, Matheus Pinta

L: Thales, Maique

João Rafael is a joke. No Honorato is a bummer, but understandable. More importantly, William and Rapha are out. I guess Cachopa is indeed going to Tokyo as Bruno's backup.

• William out is the biggest joke.

But I also keep imagining João Rafael spiking against a Russian block :whistle::wavy::down:

• Brazil is gonna travel to Italy with 16 players:

S: Bruno, Cachopa

OPP: Wallace, Alan, Felipe Roque

OHs: Leal, Lucarelli, Douglas, Maurício Borges, Vaccari

MBs: Mauricio Souza, Flávio, Isac, Matheus Pinta

L: Thales, Maique

Lucão is gonna stay in Brazil for the birth of his daughter. He and João Rafael will remain training and will join the team for the last rounds of VNL.

• I wonder if Vaccari will get any chances to play. At least in my mind, the technical staff is pretty much locked with Leal, Lucarelli, Douglas and Borges as Brazil's outside hitters for the OGs. That's why I found it weird for them to call six OH for VNL.

• Rodriguinho and Carisio are out or they will stay training with Lucão and JR?