Brazil NT 2021

• Any links for the scheduled volleyball matches of Brazil?

• I think he's now only behind Marouf from Iran and a female player from the Phillipines whose name I forgot. He's got a shit ton of people rooting for him and the male NT now.

Not anymore... Douglas now has 2.3m followers =O

• I feel like writing some sort of wrap-up following the Olympics, but to be quite honest, I didn't even watch both the semifinals and the bronze medal match, so I can't say much. With the way the team was playing, even in the game against France, with those moments where it felt like everyone on court just wanted to be elsewhere, kinda killed whatever hype I had for the team this year -- I knew in my gut they weren't gonna achieve anything, but it was all just irrational, baseless thoughts. Anyway...

Most volleyball followers here want Renan gone, and with him players like Maurício Souza. But with the next cycle being shorter, I'm skeptical things will change. Renan might stay, the older players too. The case with Renan is... unique. He almost died twice in the hospital shortly before going to Tokyo. I don't know if he felt the pressure, or the others didn't try to intervene out of respect, but... it just felt off. I'm not the biggest fan of him as a coach, but I won't judge him too harshly due to the circumstances. I do think, however, based on comments I've read from journalists and fans, that he fucked up quite a few times.

The team already has a gold from 2016, so not all hope is lost I guess? Not to mention Russia and France (and Poland) have been playing neck to neck with Brazil this entire cycle, so it makes sense for them to have ended up in the final. I'm also pleased Argentina managed to win bronze; if there was a time to do so, it was this year. And Mendez, Dileo, Conte & co. definitely deserved to win something this big after everything they've done, especially the first two after spending so many years coaching in Brazil. Everyone here has nothing but respect for them, myself included.

This is already too long lol But I just hope some new guys get to join the team and bring some new life into it. As someone who's been a fan of this particular NT for the last 20 years, that'd be cool to see.

• like Felipe Roque, Honorato, Rodriguinho

• Some news (source)

- Wallace has retired from the NT. It seems he announced to the team in Tokyo that the OGs were his last competition.

- Leal is not playing the next South American Championship next month. He's off to Cuba to work on some documentation.

- Bruno and Lucarelli have expressed their desire to continue playing for the NT at least until Paris.

- Renan is as good as renewed as head coach.

• I wonder what's gonna be Maurício Souza's fate. :roll:

After the team played for bronze and lost, he immediately posted on his Instagram a message from the president wishing him and the others good luck for that match. I didn't notice a single positive comment regarding this. He's also complained about people who do not support the NT because of their extra court antics. And he feels like this is such a betrayal...

If he were to leave the team, maybe supporting it would not be such a hard task, since Wallace is also gone. But since Renan is staying, I wouldn't be surprised if Souza were to stick around too.

• Will be pretty hard for me cheer for this team with Renan as head coach, I can't deal with the level of amateurism from CBV, they are a (bad) joke and will not get tired until they ruin everything. Bernardinho will not have pity on getting us slayed.

• In a post final match interview Lucão also expressed his desire to stay.

• M. Souza was a ghost this Olympics. He did not have any good game. He should retire from NT.

But isn't he Brazil's best blocking MB? Is there anyone in the team to replace him in this role?

• Team called for the South American Championship:

S: Bruno, Cachopa

OPP: Alan, Abouba

OH: Lucarelli, João Rafael, Vaccari, Adriano

MBs: Lucão, Isac, Flávio, Cledenilson

L: Thales, Maique

Some choices were definitely made here... but I'm happy for my boy Adriano going for his first adult tournament with the NT.

• Why Douglas wasnt called?