Brazil NT 2021

• There were 3 posts that represented the main issue. In the 1st post, he put a picture of the new comicbook where Superman's son is portraid as a gay or bissexual. He said something like: "Go ahead with this agenda and in the future you'll see the damage", implying that designing characters like this could induce children into becoming gay. In the 2nd post, he put a picture of a transgender woman with cisgender team mates in a basketball team and said something like: "Nowadays if you call this person a man you'll be acused of being homophobic", or something like that. Then Douglas, in his own social networks, hinted at Maurício's post, noting his prejudice. Then Maurício added a 3rd post saying something like "Currently what's right is wrong and what's wrong is right, but I won't relinquish my values and POV". (Today, after he was fired he put a post of Superman kissing a girl.)

The sad part is that he's become a hit in the far right. He received lots of compliments from politicians, soccer players, and such and he skyrocketed in follows on his IG. I think he had around 250k on the beginning of the week and now he's got 900k.

there's Brazilian soccer players with the same attitude as him? I hope its not one of the popular players like Neymar, Marcelo, Vinicius Jr and those Brazilians from Real Madrid football club

• wait didnt Arthur played some games in U21 full matches?

The games that i wacth he was the 4 OH but someone told here that he played in the end as starter.

• there's Brazilian soccer players with the same attitude as him? I hope its not one of the popular players like Neymar, Marcelo, Vinicius Jr and those Brazilians from Real Madrid football club

Probably all or 95% of them

• there's Brazilian soccer players with the same attitude as him? I hope its not one of the popular players like Neymar, Marcelo, Vinicius Jr and those Brazilians from Real Madrid football club

I haven't heard anything about the ones you've mentioned, but it wouldn't really surprise me, especially Neymar, whose father is close to Bolsonaro. I don't really follow soccer so I'm not completely uptodate, but the cases I heard were the most talked about this week were Felipe Melo from Palmeiras, Fred from Fluminense and Tite's son from the NT staff. Also if I'm not mistaken, among the most famous Daniel Alves is explicitly a Bolsonaro supporter.

Probably all or 95% of them

Sad, but true! :aww:

• not at Dani Alves, hasn't he experienced racism while playing for Barcelona? he should know better since he has experienced discrimination himself.

• not at Dani Alves, hasn't he experienced racism while playing for Barcelona? he should know better since he has experienced discrimination himself.

Wallace also experienced such discrimination in the past yet it doesn’t stop him from supporting facisism. In fact, if my memory serves me right, he commented his support when that homophobic guy posted this Superman post along with Sidao and William. How come this is not being mentioned?

• Wallace also experienced such discrimination in the past yet it doesn’t stop him from supporting facisism. In fact, if my memory serves me right, he commented his support when that homophobic guy posted this Superman post along with Sidao and William. How come this is not being mentioned?

Yeah, but it's been talked about in the past. Guys, don't even try to find some sort of logic in their way of thinking. I'll give you an example. In 2018, when Wallace used the NT shirt to support Bolsonaro's election, he was playing for SESC-RJ. Well, SESC, though primarily a private institution, also receives public investment. It means Trade Social Service. One of the first things the Bolsonaro Finance Minister announced when he took charge was that it was a priority for the administration to cut away the public investment in all such enterprises, like SESC, SESI, etc (what they call "S System" in Brazil). So Wallace literally supported an administration that would take away his job, and that's exactly what happened, cause sooner rather than later he was without one and had to move to Turkey. This even became a meme, at least in the volleyball bubble. So there's no real logic, honestly.

This year he was lucky that Sada wanted him back, but look how our League is at the moment in terms of investment: we had 4 strong teams back in 2018 and now only Sada remains with the same quality of investment. Now try telling them this has something to do with how poorly the Finance department has been handled the past 3 years. :roll: People like him and Maurício would rather focus on how bad gay representation in the media affects our culture. So there's your logic.

• Maique said he wishes luck and light to his former colleague independent of him being right or wrong lol

I'm done defending Maique, sorry... it seems like he lives in a parallel universe.

• Maique is dumb, dumb as hell and seems not interested in learn anything, he is just ignorant and are alright with that, such a disappointment, impossible to defend. :aww:

• Yeah, and it seems that this contract was terminated by mutual agreement, so these health issues are probably more serious, you're leaving your club on those conditions either because you're done playing or you want to go play somewhere else, but I don't think you can find a decent club in December.

But I wonder if this allegation is any legit that his agent covered those problems, I remember Alan playing really well in VNL as a sub (as I see, 56% of spike efficiency if those games), and he played one-two amazing games at the beginning of the season.

Nevertheless, this is not a good beginning of the season for Brazilians playing abroad.

• I'm not sure if this is the same injury, but last season he struggled a lot during the club season. He never reached a great shape in Sada. Gabi once had a similar year in which she dealt with injuries during the club season but played the entire summer with the NT. I don't think these things are handled very well between club and NT.

• Alan released a statement saying it is indeed a recurring injury in his foot. He said he was recovered during the NT season, but then the pain returned once he got to Russia. He's now back to Brazil for treatment and will most likely skip the season as he needs some time away.

Now all four main Brazilian OPPs are injured: Wallace (retired; injury: being an ass), Alan (foot), Felipe Roque (recovering from ACL injury), Abouba (recovering from Achilles tendon rupture).

• Funny to see how many Brazilian fans think the club is a villain for letting Alan go. They don't know the meaning of mutual agreement or amicable agreement.

• Like I said in other thread, as for now it is said that he and his boyfriend had adaptation problems.

Alan, Abouba and Roque all seriously injured, Douglas playing week/escaping from Italy, Mauricio playing like s...t in Vibo Valentia, Vaccari being useless in France, Adriano not making any step further since last season as for now and in general disappointing at WCH U20/begininning of the season, Rodriguinho and Honorato not making any progress from league-level players as for now, not to mention mediocre results in junior competitions and lack of talent on different positions (esp setters). :gone: It doesn't mean these injured/struggling players can't get back to some decent shape, but you can realistically wonder for how long and how far Brazil can get with such depth and old squad in next cycle. As for now, only Darlan seems to be good/talented enough to get a chance at the next level, and maybe Davy and Aracaju from French league are worth of further consideration.