• In the end he had 7/25 in attack, 2 aces but 5 errors in serve. I’ve never seen an Opp that is almost invisible in attack as he did. K. Shoji didn’t dare to set to him, most sets were gone to the OHs (45 to DeFalco & 30 to Jaeschke). It’s unbelievable Patch would lose his place to him… ;(;( Patch isn’t the best, but he was never this bad.

The only explanation is that Patch is indeed injured and can't recover in time

• In the end he had 7/25 in attack, 2 aces but 5 errors in serve. I’ve never seen an Opp that is almost invisible in attack as he did. K. Shoji didn’t dare to set to him, most sets were gone to the OHs (45 to DeFalco & 30 to Jaeschke). It’s unbelievable Patch would lose his place to him… ;(;( Patch isn’t the best, but he was never this bad.

They're playing France with Grebennikov though. Even the american OHs had a hard time killing balls so it can't be all Ensing's fault.

Patch was awful in all departments which cost him his ticket to the olympics and there's also that injury he took during the serbia match probably just sealed the deal.

Ensing atleast could touch a ball that doesn't lead to an opponent scoring which Patch has done so many times when he's playing and ofcourse Ensing's not injured.

P.S. I'm not a fan of Ensing either. He's nothing special but Patch is just a one-dimensional player right now.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• the 4th set was fun, I really think the result could be better if Saadat would start the match. Kazemi had a good start in VNL but he is not killing anything in last 3 matches. the opposite was the "weak link" today.

Salehi the libero did great tonight, (after a disastrous match yesterday) based on what Alekno was telling him during the timeouts, I believe he is the guy for Tokyo.

The DJ tonight had a good taste of Persian music, at some point I was hoping Iran to get the point only to see what he is going to play next :rolll:

• Salehi the libero did great tonight, (after a disastrous match yesterday) based on what Alekno was telling him during the timeouts, I believe he is the guy for Tokyo.

What happened to Hazratpour? Wasn't he pretty much a lock for Tokyo before?

• It was an entertaining match.

Lucarelli showed pure class today - Brazil is well served in this position. I was also positively surprised by the performance of the Iranian libero, so many great digs!

• What happened to Hazratpour? Wasn't he pretty much a lock for Tokyo before?

he was but it seems Alekno prefers Salehi. (who had no experience with the NT) actually after tonight (and the way he was motivating him) this is clear to me that he prefers Salehi.

it also shows Alekno and his assistant really monitored the Iranian league. Arman Salehi played for one of the weaker teams in the ISL. still he lacks experience and is not consistent, yesterday he was one of the reasons we lost to Australia.

• Jovovic making life harder for everyone.:sos:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Simic kinda reminds me of a serial killer. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Ref: I am sure...

Video Challenge: No floor touch.

:gone:

#FreeBritney

• The serbian bench needs to stop cheering when someone is serving. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Slovenia losing the first set 21-6 against Iran :sos::sos::sos:

They also started super slow against Australia yesterday, but today they look just hopeless. They are still in contention for a spot in the final4, much more after the French loss against NED and Serbia defeat today earlier in hands off Argentina.

• I thought Russia was pretty much out already having 4 losses, but I guess not :what:

I also thought they were pretty much out, but French unexpected loss against NED and SLO (thought this wasnt so shocking) + Serbia losing against Argentina by 3-0 helped them to climb up.

I also thought we would have a new VNL champ this year, but it seems they can still defend their title. Russia next 3 matches are against Germany, Italy and Brazil.

• I also thought they were pretty much out, but French unexpected loss against NED and SLO (thought this wasnt so shocking) + Serbia losing against Argentina by 3-0 helped them to climb up.

I also thought we would have a new VNL champ this year, but it seems they can still defend their title. Russia next 3 matches are against Germany, Italy and Brazil.

Yeah, that's disappointing. Not that I'm necessarily rooting against Russia, but I wish we'd see a new champion this year too -- especially considering the women's VNL seems to be following the same script as the last two editions too. Slovenia better win today and all 3 matches next week in order to grab their spot.

• Russia losing to Japan in 5 sets will haunt them, had they won that match, they were one foot away of reaching SF :gone: