• Thomas Jaeschke.

Thanks, I'm asking because Sander is her new boyfriend and they were all together last summer

• Who's playing better? Kobzar or Pankov?

Honestly, Sammelvuo does not stick to one setter for too long to make an informed choice. Yesterday's match was even worse, he burned mostly all the substitutions between the two setters :whistle:

• If you look at the challenge review, Zimmermann tried to set the ball to the middle, and the ball was completely at the German side and was not flying towards the french side. Then Chinenyeze reached over to touch the ball. That was definitely not a joust.

I dont think you can revise a call. Giani's clever to show her mistake via the challenged. But i dont think you can change the decision. Unless maybe if they accidentally blow the whistle. But i am not a ref as well, so you can correct me if i am wrong.

• Maxim should just not play on the remaining matches, his sport is secured in Tokyo.. Russia needs to take a look at Poletaev and Muserkiy as Opp

• I dont think you can revise a call. Giani's clever to show her mistake via the challenged. But i dont think you can change the decision. Unless maybe if they accidentally blow the whistle. But i am not a ref as well, so you can correct me if i am wrong.

The referees cannot change the challenge results. However, that call by the referee wasn't net touch by German players, so the challenge couldn't directly overrule the referee's decision. But the referees can correct their calls if they realize they made a mistake. I have seen this many times.

According to the regulations, all faults that occurred in the review should count, not just what you challenged. But it's rather a grey zone, especially for reaching over the net to touch the ball, which is rather ambiguous. Kang Joo-Hee's decision was an illegal attack by Zimmermann. The review showed it wasn't. But what Kang did was just use the review to interpret her false decision. She was just arrogant.

• Japan's youngster Ran Takahashi looks very promising, I wish he were just a bit taller

• The referees cannot change the challenge results. However, that call by the referee wasn't net touch by German players, so the challenge couldn't directly overrule the referee's decision. But the referees can correct their calls if they realize they made a mistake. I have seen this many times.

According to the regulations, all faults that occurred in the review should count, not just what you challenged. But it's rather a grey zone, especially for reaching over the net to touch the ball, which is rather ambiguous. Kang Joo-Hee's decision was an illegal attack by Zimmermann. The review showed it wasn't. But what Kang did was just use the review to interpret her false decision. She was just arrogant.

is this an FIVB rule or with club leagues? Coz even the commentator said they cant challenge her call. They're even particular with time like after several seconds you can no longer use the challenge. Ex. the mid-play challenge. Unlike clubs (like in Italy) wherein they can review all that happened.

• why is he not setting Nimir? 🤷🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦

• im gonna gamble with Van Tilburg in the open.. These pins are terrible

• Congrats Japan! What a nice come back! Takahashi was just amazing! What a performance. Once Nishida gets healthy, JPN will be a dangerous team.

NED was just tragic :gone: The setter forgot to feed Nimir in the clutch moments and when it was time to set to him, balls were too low. Aside that, Japanese defence was super ready for him, digging him more than what I expected.

• what a fantastic comeback by Japan...from 2 sets down to WIN 3-2 !

Nice changes by the coach, i feel like shimizu's opposite role will be taken by okutse in the olympics with nishida expected to recover soon