• Thanks, but I don't understand your previous comment, the one about short setters and Brazil and France.

Brazil have tall MBs Lucas and Mauricio atleast and they are very good defensively even if they lack one.

For France, they used to be better when they still have Le Roux. They're still good but recently... Brizard is getting more reps than Toniutti because it is now harder to cover for him defensively maybe because Le Roux isn't as good as he used to be.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Atanasijevic is playing pretty well now even considering it is the QPL time. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• One of Leon’s serves in the second set was recorded as 135.6 kmh (when the score stood at 19-12). This could be a new world record :cheesy:

I wasn’t sure at first, so I checked and found the previous fastest serves were 134 kmh ...done by Zaytsev and Leon himself.

• Is this Kovac guy somehow related to Slobodan Kovać?

His son.

#FreeBritney

• Leon with 13 aces! :white::white::white:

I dont recall any player scoring so many aces in a competitive match like today.

• Leon with 13 aces! :white::white::white:

I dont recall any player scoring so many aces in a competitive match like today.

I believe Ngapeth had 15 aces with Modena.

I thought wrong. He had only 12.

#FreeBritney

• For the ones who want to watch Italy x Slovenia: this one

Italian comments.

• Unfortunately, Italy is more technical with this selection and this is a kind of team that Slovenia hates playing against.

I just hope Slovenia exploits the inexperience of the italian team to increase their chances to stay in VNL.

I especially want to see them playing and to see more...

#FreeBritney

• Poland setter is the weak link of his team. Strange that Zaksa won champions league with a lot of Polish players, but somehoe the NT seems to depend a lot of Leon... IMO.

Kovac Jr. Seems not ready from this standards... must to be boring to his teamates. An awkaward situation IMO.

Drazen Luburic seems to be improving a lot. In 4° set his presence made a lot of impact.

Serbia team has a big weakness in libero position.

• Kurek 23 attacks, Semeniuk 28 attacks, Leon 17 attacks, Kochanowski 13 attacks, Huber 9 attacks. Do you call it relying on one player?

• How do people think about Semeniuk's debut in NT (not including the friendly matches)?

I think he did well in passing and blocking but serving was way below his level.

Only attacking with 11/28 too. Of course a lot of the other 17 were positive swing too.

Would be hilarious if Fornal (9/15 yesterday with good passing...of course Italy<<Serbia here) is the final OH to go to Tokyo.

• Kurek 23 attacks, Semeniuk 28 attacks, Leon 17 attacks, Kochanowski 13 attacks, Huber 9 attacks. Do you call it relying on one player?

He made on service line a huge damage who pushed serbian down.

IMO without Leon the match would be really close. Just my guess.

• From this young Italian squad, the only ones who I see making it to the main squad in a near future is Galassi, Sbertoli and Michieletto. I dont consider Balaso, cuz he is already NT starting 6 material since some seasons ago.

But to be honest, I dont see who could replace Osmany once he retires. Micchieletto as OH2 is just a good deal, cuz he has a decent reception for his age and, of course, a huge room for improvement, but the talent is there.

Nelli should use this tournment in order to show he could be the second OPP, but so far his performance is :gone: He is one of the players with more experience in this young squad. It would be nice to see Pinalli in the next matches.

• Italia team with short young oh besides Michielleto.