• Finally Pankov in! Russian spikers were already struggling a lot and almost always facing 3 block. Let see if Japan can keep the rhythm.

With this performance from Kobzar, I'd rather have Abaev for Tokyo.

Pankov is a leader. This should cement his place now and I hope all his doubters should too as well.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• With this performance from Kobzar, I'd rather have Abaev for Tokyo.

Pankov is a leader. This should cement his place now and I hope all his doubters should too as well.

The real question is, would Abaev, Butko or Kovalev make a better 2nd setter? :gone:

They look better with Pankov on court, but they are making so many errors

• For the ones who wants to watch USA x Argentina: this one

• What an ace! :sos:

I also think Dima should be called. Maxim isnt a teenager anymore, he has been playing way too much without change.

• Oh god the best and the worst challenge for everybody depending on what side you are on.:white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Daddy Maxim proved me wrong, stellar performance in the last 4 points.

Nevertheless, Japan is giving a way better impression than Russia.

• What an ace! :sos:

I also think Dima should be called. Maxim isnt a teenager anymore, he has been playing way too much without change.

Yeah I'm not too sure what is Sammelvuo's game plan, Maxim will be out of gas midway through this tournament if he will always be the starter.

• Poor Martinez, he's been wearing the same uniform for three days in a row :lol:

• Maxim dragging Russia to a lead like he's made of vibranium or something.

#FreeBritney

• With this performance from Kobzar, I'd rather have Abaev for Tokyo.

Really strange opinion, what bloody Abaev? To put him huge pressure on this young guy & lose him if result wouldn't be favourable for Russia? Kobzar is playing the best volleyball in his career, leading Kuzbass in all aspects and for 2 poor sets Abaev should go to Tokyo?

Pankov style, I mean lot of fast plays with little bit less precision suits Russia more like teams vs Japan than Kobzar's style. Less precise balls can be solved by Russians due physical advantage comparing to the Japs.

• Really strange opinion, what bloody Abaev? To put him huge pressure on this young guy & lose him if result wouldn't be favourable for Russia? Kobzar is playing the best volleyball in his career, leading Kuzbass in all aspects and for 2 poor sets Abaev should go to Tokyo?

Pankov style, I mean lot of fast plays with little bit less precision suits Russia more like teams vs Japan than Kobzar's style. Less precise balls can be solved by Russians due physical advantage comparing to the Japs.

Because Kobzar and Pankov are similar setters. Abaev atleast offers something different from both setters including Butko with his aggressiveness.

#FreeBritney

• Because Kobzar and Pankov are similar setters. Abaev atleast offers something different from both setters including Butko with his aggressiveness.

Similar setters? How can be similar setters, Dynamo was playing super fast volley this season, no one expected that while Kobzar style is more orientated on higher balls. Only similarity is both using MB's a lot but again Pankov is setting more faster.

• Out of all Russia's OHs, only Volkov has yet to enter the court. I wonder if he has a small injury or something :/

• I think Kobzar will be pissed now, it's been 3 matches (including today) where he starts the match only with Pankov being the setter to finish the game.