• Volvich and Muserskiy as starting MBs :thumbdown:

Glad they have been tested against a team like Poland, so hope Sammelvuo notices with that pair, Russia gives too many advantages.

Leon seems in the mission to break another record today too :super:

• Bogdan and Yaroslav disappoint so far :gone:. Voronkov would've done better than them.

• It's not a surprise that Russian lost to Poland.

Russian's main team even lost to Japan's 2nd team, what could you expect from them?

Poland's serve, reception, transition and defense all outplayed Russian in this game.

You can not even find a solid Russian OH who can receive the ball.

• USA gave away 8 points to Australia.

I can just imagine what the score will be like if Australia actually managed to put pressure on USA with block and serve which they scored none. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Leon's monster serves had a big impact on Russian's reception.

Even floating serves from MB caused the problem for Russian's OHs.

• Really curious to see how the US roster is gonna look like in Tokyo and where Anderson will fit. I wonder it Anderson/Sander/DeFalco/Jaeschke as OHs and Patch/Ensing as OPPs would work.

• Really curious to see how the US roster is gonna look like in Tokyo and where Anderson will fit. I wonder it Anderson/Sander/DeFalco/Jaeschke as OHs and Patch/Ensing as OPPs would work.

so Sander will come back for Tokyo ? I thought his injury is more serious

• I had impression that Kliuka just didn't want to play. I can't believe that was not able to show his enormous possibilities. Volkov was not able to break through the block. Also Leon's serves spoiled the atmosphere on Russians side.

I think Sammelvuo has a tough nut to crack as Muserkyi doesn't want to play as MB, but he plays as MB and plays just average. So maybe he and Poletaev will be Opps and Maksim will play as OH(?).

• I had impression that Kliuka just didn't want to play. I can't believe that was not able to show his enormous possibilities. Volkov was not able to break through the block. Also Leon's serves spoiled the atmosphere on Russians side.

I think Sammelvuo has a tough nut to crack as Muserkyi doesn't want to play as MB, but he plays as MB and plays just average. So maybe he and Poletaev will be Opps and Maksim will play as OH(?).

Higher chance Mikhaylov will be the only Opp going to Toyko than him actually playing as OH primarily

Muserskiy did indeed look unmotivated and slow today, hopefully, he will improve with more games cause I know he still can contribute a lot.

Two tall slow blockers like today didn't work against Poland, neither did the reception line ( not only against Leon's serves). The tactics were also off, they do have many things to work on, especially learn to overcome difficult situations - it is not blowing all serves like today that they will do it...

As much as we love Patch, he has shown again he’s not ready to compete against the top teams. Also Christenson’s fast sets are very often not high enough for Patch. Whenever Patch doesn’t get the high sets he likes, he lacks the skill to score.

I don’t see Ensing as starting Opp either. He hasn’t shown anything special in his game and I don’t think Speraw would take such a big risk. He at best could take over the position of backup Opp from Patch.

They can only hope Sander can recover and get back in form as soon as possible, as neither Jasechke nor Muagututia is enough at offense. Anderson is needed to play as Opp to continue their 4 person receiving game, as DeFalco’s reception is just… bad…

If they can play with Sander/DeFalco as OHs and Anderson as Opp, they may still have a slim chance to fight for a medal. Otherwise they’ll need miracle.

• after watching 6 matches of Iran under Alekno I think some players are already secured their places in Tokyo.

Still lots of questions about the libero, 2nd setter, reserve OHs and probably the 3rd MB.

I wish Alekno could stay longer. the guy is charismatic and that's the first quality you should have to work in Iran.

btw it seems finally Ghafour will be ready to play from the next round. 18 years old Saadat is ready to steal his place if he continues to be unfit. he played one match today (NT debut as starter) and already became popular :D

• "Popular" lol

• My Prediction for Round 3, 9 Jun:

Round 3 12:30
    xyh1vmZ-xJH2iJCKjqS1Ow_48x48.pngSerbia3
    h1FhPLmDg9AHXzhygqvVPg_48x48.pngGermany1
    Round 3 14:30
    by4OltvtZz7taxuQtkiP3A_48x48.pngJapan3
    jSgw5z0EPOLzdUi-Aomq7Q_48x48.pngAustralia0
    Round 3 15:30
    z3JEQB3coEAGLCJBEUzQ2A_48x48.pngFrance1
    5Y6kOqiOIv2C1sP9C_BWtA_48x48.pngRussia3
    Round 3 17:30