• Kubiak likes provocation, and although I also find it childish the term he used is still within that spectrum IMO.

As for Vital's remarks, it needs a through investigation and if he's found guilty, proper punishment should be applied.

• Ah shit, Kubiak strikes again :whistle: How many times now has he done something like this before? The dude just seems like a huge asshole, and that's coming from a Pole - from what I know, he's even worse in person than on the court. First he insults the entire Persian nation and now this? (btw, apparently, he has specifically learned vulgar insults in French AND PERSIAN and was also insulting the players of Iran in the last match, thank God they didn't react). When will FIVB finally do something about this guy? It's shameful that his last punishment was a 6-man "ban" for the games he wouldn't play anyway.

And yeah, I'm a Pole. But having Kubiak as our captain sometimes makes this team seem unlikable even for me. The worst thing are the comments of many Polish fans, tho. I'm not going to mention the most extreme ones for obvious reasons, but a vast majority of comments on the newspages I follow seems to at least excuse Kubiak for his actions. Because NgApEth DiD WoRsE ThINgS. Yea, and he was punished. Now Kubiak should be punished, and there's no doubt in my mind.

• Well, Polish people tend to love Kubiak since he’s been a kind of strong-minded, successful captain always fighting for the team and always putting his entire heart into the game. Nevertheless, if he really did what N'Gapeth says he did, I think its quite obvious that we simply cannot keep defending him in this madly biased way just because he “belongs to us” - especially since it is not his first time. I think that most of contestation coming from polish media is evoked by the suspicion that the French player simply made up his story and that he's playing some weird dirty games to harm our team, “our Captain” and his image (the fact that the whole story with Kubiak being racist seems so plausible is indeed very sad). Well, N'Gapeth accusing also Heynen is weird and somewhat helpful for Kubiak since there’ve never been any rumors that the Belgian had shown any kind of racist attitudes toward anybody. His perhaps annoying hyperactivity on the court doesn't change the fact that he always seemed to be a very open-minded and friendly guy.

Nevertheless, if it eventually turns out that Kubiak said racist things – once again – I strongly believe and hope that he will be punished and that Polish fans will support the decision. I heard some people saying that a volleyball court is a place where some kind of verbal aggression is to be allowed or even welcomed – to me it sounds weird since I’ve always thought sport areas to be something quite opposite. Looking deep into one's eyes after blocking him or her may be considered as a part of the game - this kind of stupid provocations is NOT for sure.

Last but not least, all of those polarizing discussions whether N'Gapeth, Kubiak or let’s say Seyed is the bad guy here shouldn’t lead anybody to too radical conclusions. While playing against “Kubiak enemies” like Iranian players or – from now on? – French guys, the whole atmosphere in Poland is never racist AT ALL. Many positive stories about for example Iranian people live in the Polish collective memory (our commentators even used to repeat them over and over again during the matches) so I hope no one will generalize too much from Kubiak’s brilliant "speeches" – whether he is guilty this time or not.

• Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• total beat down by Brazil. What happened? Leal happened!

Go for the Bronze. Allez Les Bleus 🇨🇵🇨🇵🇨🇵💪💪💪

• Is there a reason why matches are being played so early on men side?

France looked as if they haven’t woken up yet.

Even if that's true, the Brazilians should be the disadvantaged team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• in games like this, I would like for France to start with Brizard. When your opponent hits the ball like there is no tomorrow. You need strong or decent blockers, Tonuitti cant provide that. I hope they figure this out and make adjustments for the Olympics.

If Slovenia wins. I want them to get the gold. If not, i want Brazil to take it.

Poland and France will be a very heated Bronze Match. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Congrats Brazil. 👏👏👏

• France just didn't play today at all.

Hopefully we can at least put up a fight against Slovenia, although I agree with what Heynen said - we are probably the weakest team in this Final 4.

What? Poland is the strongest imo.

• What? Poland is the strongest imo.

Brazil is the strongest if Leal plays like that consistently. I mean, you have Lucarelli as your 2nd OH 🤪

• I hope someone from the French read this. In important matches, please wear your white jersey🤣😂 and Red for Grebennikov. Jenia should always be in RED.

See 2015 and 2017 WL finals and 2015 Eurovolley 🤣😂

• Drzyzga with questionable choices so far.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().