Turkey-MCSL Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2021/2022

• I completely agree. They really need to increase that to 4 foreigners on court allowed at the same time. That created an advantage to Italian teams and as we see, it didnt influence the development of their NT either, actually had a reverse effect where they do better recently.

Mathematically it also makes sense. Yes, Turkish NT is one of the top 5 in the world and have 12-14 valuable players but if you distribute 4 players in each team (3 are needed on court), only 3-4 teams can have solid local players, rest have to fill in their squads with whoever they find. In a league of 14 teams, if you want better competition, you should definitely change the foreign player limit. Other option is to reduce number of teams to 12 or 10.

• I completely agree. They really need to increase that to 4 foreigners on court allowed at the same time. That created an advantage to Italian teams and as we see, it didnt influence the development of their NT either, actually had a reverse effect where they do better recently.

Mathematically it also makes sense. Yes, Turkish NT is one of the top 5 in the world and have 12-14 valuable players but if you distribute 4 players in each team (3 are needed on court), only 3-4 teams can have solid local players, rest have to fill in their squads with whoever they find. In a league of 14 teams, if you want better competition, you should definitely change the foreign player limit. Other option is to reduce number of teams to 12 or 10.

Yeah, I think there is no correlation between a limit of foreigners and a level of development of local players, in fact, considering Tokyo results, there is no correlation between league strength and a level of NT neither. But because it cannot be empirically proven -- every situation is different -- anytime one country is dissatisfied with their level of NT (and I guess Turkey wants to develop further than regular ECH medals), there is a temptation to raise those limits in order to give more playing time to local players. But as you already mentioned, does it make such difference if there is 42 starting spots for local players rather than 56? I don't think so. In Italy, referring to the male league, there are regular discussions that the limits should be more strict, but I don't think that's a reason why there's no (or there wasn't, because recently it's changed) a group of up-and-coming young talents.

Italy has deeper pool of local players with few stars better, so as long as they are able to hire competitive foreigners to Turkish clubs, with more liberal limits, they'll have a strong handicap for no benefits from Turkish site, IMHO.

• I've watched a few of Carutasu's games and she impressed me. I can see why Turkey wants her. IMO she's a better fit to Turkey's system than Vargas.

• i need Brtkk or beri to find out who is setting these schedules in the TVF

like a 1pm local (4am here) start? on a Wednesday?

200.gif

*Breaths* ... it's

• Nice defenses by Gabi for Mitchem’s attacks which were over the block. I don’t want to jinx it but it is a nice game so far. Kuzeyboru is doing good things, serving efficiently, defending a lot. I have to say I haven’t been impressed by Vakif’s block this season so far. I think blocking is Vakif’s one of the most important strength.