PUR - LVSF 2021

• Whaaat? Karina Ocasio is attacking Hooker? Not the other way around? :D

• If I understood it correctly, Hooker left the team one day before the final match claiming she has health issues, but they couldn't replace her because this health thing might not be true?! lol

Eventually her team lost the final...

Where is avid ?

• If I understood it correctly, Hooker left the team one day before the final match claiming she has health issues, but they couldn't replace her because this health thing might not be true?! lol

Eventually her team lost the final...

Where is avid ?

Evidently she said she is pregnant, so that is why she couldn't compete.

Im geoblocked from the news articles (or you have to subscribe) but it seems like the league doesn't recognize pregnancy as an "injury" to allow for a replacement or something.

it sounds messyyyy

• But when did she find out she was pregnant?? If she left the team one day before the final match (I'm assuming it was a single-match final), what makes it impossible for her to play one more match?? lol

And does Karine play in the same team or in another one? I didn't understand this part of the story. I read some news by googling Hooker but all of them said "injury" not pregnancy.

• But when did she find out she was pregnant?? If she left the team one day before the final match (I'm assuming it was a single-match final), what makes it impossible for her to play one more match?? lol

And does Karine play in the same team or in another one? I didn't understand this part of the story. I read some news by googling Hooker but all of them said "injury" not pregnancy.

I don’t know all of the issues. Part of the problem was her team wanted to consider it an injury, so they could replace her. But the league said no, it’s not an injury it’s a condition. And then her team was trying to argue about women’s rights and the league (men) weren’t in a position to understand.

Idk. It’s messy. Lol

• Yeah in rules there's a prohibition to change national x national but never said nothing about foreigners

Also san juan team is taking it like the league is racist and fon't want her to play as they don't respect her rights

And they didn't allow san juan to replace hooker so they decided not to compete and caguas win for W.O

• It seems like the team is suspended for 1 year?!

• The puerto rican league cancel final series and give to caguas

• The league did not handle it well in my opinion. Pregnancy is not an injury but it automatically means the person is incapable of playing any longer; hence the request for replacement. This kinda reminds me of Allyson Felix’s case with Nike. Women are already at a disadvantage when they cant compete during pregnancy. On top of that they dont get paid/compensated.

• Well hooker shouldn't play victim card right away. Why the hell does she get pregnant while she is playing a championship. At this century, with all these contraceptives, it sounds reckless

I can't believe how dumb clubs are to sign a contract with her while every season she shows another form of unprofessionalism:down:

• Well hooker shouldn't play victim card right away. Why the hell does she get pregnant while she is playing a championship. At this century, with all these contraceptives, it sounds reckless

I can't believe how dumb clubs are to sign a contract with her while every season she shows another form of unprofessionalism:down:

It's worse. She's five months pregnant.

https://www.volleynews.it/port…-alle-criollas-de-caguas/

• It's worse. She's five months pregnant.

https://www.volleynews.it/port…-alle-criollas-de-caguas/

What? Isn't it recognized during medical checkups?:what: