Brazil - Women's Superliga 2021/2022

• I haven’t watched the game, so just guessing. She plays both OH/OPP, but in Osasco she has been playing as opposite full time so far. I think she’s staying on position six for defense because her attack is better from there compared to her efficiency in position 1.

• Sesi Bauru’s jersey color is questionable. 😂

Nice to see some of Drussyla’s beach volleyball roll shot. Although I think some of Dani Lins’ sets are kinda sus.

Poor Mara. She was supposed to be the top MB and now she is benching for Mayany and Adenizia.

They wore pink because it's October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, also known as "Pink October" here in Brazil

• Oh no wonder. Even their scrunchies are pink as well.

Is this the regular season or another cup?

It's the São Paulo State Championship, Semi-Finals, best of 3.. It's kind of pre-season but it's also a tournament that all teams want to win... The other semi-final is Osasco vs Pinheiros

• Ok I still don't know if Nia Reed and Odina Aliyeva are awful or great. They are definitely not average :lol::lol::lol:

• Ok I still don't know if Nia Reed and Odina Aliyeva are awful or great. They are definitely not average :lol::lol::lol:

I'd say awful. So far, Reed's advantage is that no one actually knows her so it's hard to put together a defensive strategy. In general, I think she lacks power for an opposite and need to work on her angles.

• I'd say awful. So far, Reed's advantage is that no one actually knows her so it's hard to put together a defensive strategy. In general, I think she lacks power for an opposite and need to work on her angles.

Time for Suelle:dance6:

• I don't know about you guys, but I have the impression these last 2 or 3 seasons, Brazilian teams are really dropping the ball with the way they build their rosters. Ok, sometimes they get unlucky when some injured player kind of messes the whole system of the team. But sometimes it really seems like they don't put enough thinking when they sign some players.

For instance, it's clear that Bauru doesn't need all those MB's, but they definitely needed stronger spikers, whether OPP's or OH's. It seems they tried to sign Tandara. OK, then it didn't work and they went for Reed? WTF? It would be a lot better if they signed someone like Borgo or Lorenne and tried to get a better OH. I thought for sure they would go for Jaqueline, but it seems they can't afford her now.

Look at Praia. For years and years they've been investing in strong spikers, but then they just go and keep renewing with Claudinha ad infinitum. Why??? Why did last year they needed both Michelle and Mari Paraíba in the bench? And now, this year, they went after Tainara to replace Garay? Obviously it means Kasiely will end up as starter, they can't work with both Tainara and Buijs as OH's. Are they on crack?

The list goes on. :sos:

• Apparently Curitiba finally has a 12-player roster including a 52-year old player lol

Filó (Ericleia Bodziak) played in the 1996 Olympics and had retired for over 10 years. I wonder what the hell is going on.

Other players include Thaisinha (OH who was in Turkey last season), Valeskinha (Olympic champion MB), Tassia (libero), Cali Thompson (American setter) and Dani Leal (43-year old player who used to play as libero, I'm not sure if she's playing in another position now).

• I don't understand why they think that's okay to have fans in the stands but it's not okay to switch sides