Brazil - Women's Superliga 2021/2022

• SUPERLIGA - ROUND 9

MARINGA 2-3 PINHEIROS (highlights)

17-25, 22-25, 27-25, 25-20, 13-15 (stats)

MVP: Carol Leite (Pinheiros)

FLUMINENSE 3-1 BARUERI (highlights)

22-25, 25-19, 26-24, 32-30 (stats)

MVP: Lara (Fluminense)

SESC 3-0 CURITIBA (highlights)

25-14, 25-19, 25-19 (stats)

MVP: Maira (SESC)

BRASILIA 2-3 OSASCO (highlights)

25-17, 25-23, 15-25, 19-25, 20-22 (stats)

MVP: Fabíola (Osasco)

1: PRAIA (10-0) 29pts

2: MINAS (8-2) 24pts

3: OSASCO (8-1) 21pts

4: SESI (7-2) 19pts

5: SESC (5-4) 17pts

6: FLUMINENSE (5-4) 16pts

7: BARUERI (4-5) 12pts

8: PINHEIROS (4-5) 11pts

9: BRASILIA (3-7) 10pts

10: MARINGA (1-8) 5pts

11: CURITIBA (1-9) 3pts

12: VALINHOS (0-9) 1pt

Sorry for the delay

• Fluminense was being so fun to watch, what's happening today? Gabi Candido doesn't do defense, Paula Mohr doesn't do volleyball...

• SUPERLIGA - ROUND 10

MARINGA 1-3 SESI (highlights)

16-25, 23-25, 25-23, 14-25 (stats)

MVP: Nyeme (SESI)

BRASILIA 3-2 VALINHOS (highlights)

21-25, 25-22, 20-25, 25-14, 15-13 (stats)

MVP: Arianne (Brasilia)

PINHEIROS 3-0 FLUMINENSE (highlights)

25-20, 25-17, 25-20 (stats)

MVP: Talia and Gabi Martins (Pinheiros)

BARUERI 3-1 SESC (highlights)

25-21, 25-20, 18-25, 25-18 (stats)

MVP: Jacke (Barueri)

1: PRAIA (10-0) 29pts

2: MINAS (8-2) 24pts

3: SESI (8-2) 22pts

4: OSASCO (8-1) 21pts

5: SESC (5-5) 17pts

6: FLUMINENSE (5-5) 16pts

7: BARUERI (5-5) 15pts

8: PINHEIROS (5-5) 14pts

9: BRASILIA (4-7) 12pts

10: MARINGA (1-9) 5pts

11: CURITIBA (1-9) 3pts

12: VALINHOS (0-10) 2pts

• The fight between 5th and 8th places are becoming interesting to watch.

• The fight between 5th and 8th places are becoming interesting to watch.

Daniel Bortoletto said the same thing the other day in one of the live sessions he does with Bruno Souza. I'll tell you the exact same thing I told him: interesting because it's not your team. :lol:

All the kidding aside, I don't like the way SESC's roster was built (as well...), but I do think their campaign is bad (worst in history, even if they still manage to maintain the 5th place) and the way the team's been playing is underwhelming. Don't think Bernardo is being able to make the best he could out of this bunch. Like he's checked out of this. We'll see how it goes in the 2nd phase.

Take Osasco, for instance. They obviously have a better roster, but they're hardly an impressive team. Yet, they make something good out of what they have. They're still fighting to end this phase in 2nd, which would be like "wow, really?". Hmmpf.

• If Sesc wants something different this season they need to keep Peña as Opp, relying on Sabrina or Arielle is simply impossible... I liked that today they benched Jucy too, she's not the same dynamo she was before

• If Sesc wants something different this season they need to keep Peña as Opp, relying on Sabrina or Arielle is simply impossible... I liked that today they benched Jucy too, she's not the same dynamo she was before

Michele Collier was at that match... should've had her bring Brambilla or Bergmann :lol:

• oops. tell someone in the superliga to hurry up... she's getting europe interest :lol:

I don't know if Sesc can offer good money for her, but maybe they would be the better option then... Osasco is always open for new players too, but playing under Luizomar is something else, it's not for everybody... Minas would be awesome but I don't see them dropping Cuttino anytime soon... SESI would go just for Bergmann, if she was open to it, they are having tons of problems with OHs, but Nia Reed is untouchable there

• I just finished watching to Bauru vs Fluminense. I think what separates Bauru from the big ones is that they can’t easily win against those “smaller” teams. It is always a struggle (like the 3x2 score against Valinhos LOL), and the defeat today against Fluminense.

I know Flu has a nice team, I like them a lot, but in theory Sesi should have won against them. If they want to fight for titles, they need to change their looser mindset.

(On a side note, so sorry for Pamela. Her injury was really really ugly!)

Edit: just saw that Dani Lins posted a Instagram story showing that Thaisinha’s attack was super in and the main referee decided to call it out even though the line referee said it was in (it could have been 13x13 in the tie break). It is already hard to be a referee without the challenge system, and the job gets even harder if you decide not to trust your colleagues :mad:

• I don't know if Sesc can offer good money for her, but maybe they would be the better option then... Osasco is always open for new players too, but playing under Luizomar is something else, it's not for everybody... Minas would be awesome but I don't see them dropping Cuttino anytime soon... SESI would go just for Bergmann, if she was open to it, they are having tons of problems with OHs, but Nia Reed is untouchable there

No, No, No. I hope to see her in Poland :heart:

• I just finished watching to Bauru vs Fluminense. I think what separates Bauru from the big ones is that they can’t easily win against those “smaller” teams. It is always a struggle (like the 3x2 score against Valinhos LOL), and the defeat today against Fluminense.

I know Flu has a nice team, I like them a lot, but in theory Sesi should have won against them. If they want to fight for titles, they need to change their looser mindset.

(On a side note, so sorry for Pamela. Her injury was really really ugly!)

Edit: just saw that Dani Lins posted a Instagram story showing that Thaisinha’s attack was super in and the main referee decided to call it out even though the line referee said it was in (it could have been 13x13 in the tie break). It is already hard to be a referee without the challenge system, and the job gets even harder if you decide not to trust your colleagues :mad:

Flu is the Curitiba of this season :lol: I also enjoy watching their games. I tought they would have more problems without Bruna, but Kimberly filled well the spot and is doing some really good games...

• The clubs always say that they are being robbed because of the lack of video-challenge, but I don't see them doing something about it... I think they are okay with it, because sometimes they are the ones that are favoured by the lack of it.. If they were really annoyed by that they would do like Sada did and have the equipment for themselves or forced CBV to buy one... But it is empty words, it always has been

• The clubs always say that they are being robbed because of the lack of video-challenge, but I don't see them doing something about it... I think they are okay with it, because sometimes they are the ones that are favoured by the lack of it.. If they were really annoyed by that they would do like Sada did and have the equipment for themselves or forced CBV to buy one... But it is empty words, it always has been

I agree that there’s too much talking and little action, but at the same time it is not ideal to have clubs having the challenge system on their own when we have a federation responsible for the competition. The ideal would be to pressure the federation as you said, but then there’s also the hypocrisy: like yesterday Bernardo and Reinaldo shouting at the referees when in fact they are the biggest supporters of the current CBV managers.

For me, as a SESC supporter, what particularly pleased me was seeing Giovana get a spot in the starter team. And I like Juma, but she's simply having a bad season. The other changes can be good for the team as well, but to me this is the one that was most needed.

oops. tell someone in the superliga to hurry up... she's getting europe interest :lol:

Brazilian teams are in a state of lethargy... :sleeping:

I agree that there’s too much talking and little action, but at the same time it is not ideal to have clubs having the challenge system on their own when we have a federation responsible for the competition. The ideal would be to pressure the federation as you said, but then there’s also the hypocrisy: like yesterday Bernardo and Reinaldo shouting at the referees when in fact they are the biggest supporters of the current CBV managers.

I agree with both you guys. I agree with sloth that they (the clubs, the players, the coaches, the directors...) love to complain but don't feel as thrilled when it comes to actually do something about it. I agree with mdacs that going the Sada route is a bad choice. I still find it beyond ridiculous that only the teams in MG get to have the video challenge while the others are stuck with nothing. Talk about equity...

In an Instagram post from WebVôlei, there's a very interesting the comment about Débora Santos, the referee. Apparently Nalbert told in one of the broadcasts that CBV is (finally) buying the video challenge equipment and we should expect to have it sooner rather than later. But Débora says that we shouldn't expect the controversies regarding the refereeing to end, because pretty much CBV gives zero fuc*s about developping its group of referees. So, there's that...

Flu is the Curitiba of this season :lol: I also enjoy watching their games. I tought they would have more problems without Bruna, but Kimberly filled well the spot and is doing some really good games...

IMO the two most interesting teams to watch this season are Barueri and Fluminense by far.

• For me, as a SESC supporter, what particularly pleased me was seeing Giovana get a spot in the starter team. And I like Juma, but she's simply having a bad season.

I really like Giovana, even back in that mess that was that Fluminense with Hylmer, but she can be as inconsistent as Juma.. if she can play some good matches in a row, they will be a better team than they were with Juma, that's for sure, she at least tries something different, Juma is just robotic, doing what she learned by heart and that's it