Brazil - Women's Superliga 2021/2022

• Too funny

If your job is graveyard shift parking lot attendant a little zoning out on the job is okay ... but not if your job is refereeing a professional sports match :rolll:

• Sesc is so much better with Giovana lol I wonder where Juma will end up next. France? Hungary? Romenia?

In the beginning of the season, I thought they would equally fight for a spot on the team, but the reality is that the difference between them it's not even remotely close, right? Very disappointing season for Juma.

• In the beginning of the season, I thought they would equally fight for a spot on the team, but the reality is that the difference between them it's not even remotely close, right? Very disappointing season for Juma.

I wouldn't say it's disappointing, more like expected. She's not good for a spot in the top teams here in Brazil, period. To make things worse, it's not like Giovana is coming from an enlightened season in Fluminense last year...

She's ready to follow Ana Tiemi's path..

I thought the exact same thing lmao

• I wouldn't say it's disappointing, more like expected. She's not good for a spot in the top teams here in Brazil, period. To make things worse, it's not like Giovana is coming from an enlightened season in Fluminense last year...

I thought the exact same thing lmao

I actually expected more from her. I didn't think she would be really great, but at least after her experience in Barueri, it seemed to me she could achieve some consistency and become one of the more reliable setters in the league for the years to come. Right now it seems like to even reach Claudinha's status would be something unthinkable for her.

OTOH, I'm curious about who will become the NT's 3rd setter, provided Dani Lins doesn't return. (Nor Fabíola, which you never know :lol:). I actually think, all things considered, Giovana is the one having the best season. It seems Naiane is having some success in Poland too, but I can't follow it. I hope to God Zé doesn't invite Jacke. And I think Kenya is still too green.

• I actually expected more from her. I didn't think she would be really great, but at least after her experience in Barueri, it seemed to me she could achieve some consistency and become one of the more reliable setters in the league for the years to come. Right now it seems like to even reach Claudinha's status would be something unthinkable for her.

OTOH, I'm curious about who will become the NT's 3rd setter, provided Dani Lins doesn't return. (Nor Fabíola, which you never know :lol:). I actually think, all things considered, Giovana is the one having the best season. It seems Naiane is having some success in Poland too, but I can't follow it. I hope to God Zé doesn't invite Jacke. And I think Kenya is still too green.

Juma left me (and possibly her spikers) terrified in that U23 WCH where she was named MVP for some reason. Ever since that day I knew it wouldn't work out lol

Height aside, I would've called Bruninha, but we all know that ship has sailed lol. So I'd just call Kenya. Green or not, better to get the adult NT experience sooner than later -- perhaps trainings with the adults would do her well too. She's quite solid in Osasco and definitely much better than Fabíola. As for Naiane, she's a bench player in Poland, so I don't know if that will be enough to warrant an invitation from Zé.

• Juma left me (and possibly her spikers) terrified in that U23 WCH where she was named MVP for some reason. Ever since that day I knew it wouldn't work out lol

Height aside, I would've called Bruninha, but we all know that ship has sailed lol. So I'd just call Kenya. Green or not, better to get the adult NT experience sooner than later -- perhaps trainings with the adults would do her well too. She's quite solid in Osasco and definitely much better than Fabíola. As for Naiane, she's a bench player in Poland, so I don't know if that will be enough to warrant an invitation from Zé.

You know what just occurred me? That he calls Claudinha and that becomes the redemption story. :wall:

Actually, if Praia wins... I think this could just happen, I wouldn't put it past him.

One more reason why we can't let that happen... Cuttino, Peña, Ceren, Sabrina Groth, someone! Please...:sos:

• You know what just occurred me? That he calls Claudinha and that becomes the redemption story. :wall:

I'd hope he wouldn't repeat history and let what happened in Rio with Fabíola happen again. If he calls Claudinha I'll riot lmao

• I'd hope he wouldn't repeat history and let what happened in Rio with Fabíola happen again. If he calls Claudinha I'll riot lmao

I fear for that. I think Zé Roberto makes some decisions based on affective reasons. Nothing else explains Fabíola in Rio. He was guilty (for making the best decision in 2012). I'll riot too though. I'd rather have Dani Lins back.

• Why? =O

Don't you think her reception level stands in the way?

I'd rather see Rosamaria as OH and Tainara as OPP and I'll die on this hill

Brazil needs much more OHs in the NT. Our renew is really bad in this area. Glayce and Karina aren't doing good in Barueri, Mayara benched in Fluminense... we have Ana Cristina and Julia Bergman, but we have much more players that can do something in position 1 (Lorrayna, Kisy, Bruna Moraes...). I'd rather teach her passing than just be one fighting for position on OPP position...

• Brazil needs much more OHs in the NT. Our renew is really bad in this area. Glayce and Karina aren't doing good in Barueri, Mayara benched in Fluminense... we have Ana Cristina and Julia Bergman, but we have much more players that can do something in position 1 (Lorrayna, Kisy, Bruna Moraes...). I'd rather teach her passing than just be one fighting for position on OPP position...

I don't disagree with this statement at all, but if Rosamaria is to be used in the NT, it's gotta be as an OH, which leaves the spot for OPP wide open. Tainara has been playing as OH for years now and her reception hasn't improved one bit, while Rosa can at least handle it for the most part. Having Gabi, Karina, Júlia, Ana Cristina, Rosa and others as OHs seems like a better roster imo.