2021 FIVB Women's Club World Championships

• Can’t wait. My fave competition :heart:

• How it's going the qualifiers this year

Originally the south american competition was going to be held at aprim but now csv has asked to fivb to postponed it to October

Also i didn't heard anything about assian tournament

• How it's going the qualifiers this year

Originally the south american competition was going to be held at aprim but now csv has asked to fivb to postponed it to October

Also i didn't heard anything about assian tournament

Heard thailand will host. Tianjin will be there. Hopefully it's after olympics so they can send their main players.

• Heard thailand will host. Tianjin will be there. Hopefully it's after olympics so they can send their main players.

It's good if other countries also participate with main players cause korea never participate i think and japan i think without players i remember last time

But imo tianjin gonna be champions so we gonna have 2 teams from china again

• It's good if other countries also participate with main players cause korea never participate i think and japan i think without players i remember last time

But imo tianjin gonna be champions so we gonna have 2 teams from china again

i wouldn't be so sure, the schedule for tianjin looks packed with possibly 4 starters going to vnl/olympics, and more important (for them, not for us) domestic competitions in september. There's also a question about which team from Guangdong will be the hosts. It could be evergrande, but there's also a new team based in Shenzhen that is a joint project with Serbian federation and it could be the host.

Didn't kim participate as part to Eszacibasi last time? I don't think Japan have players that play abroad so until they host again it's unlikely they will participate.

• i wouldn't be so sure, the schedule for tianjin looks packed with possibly 4 starters going to vnl/olympics, and more important (for them, not for us) domestic competitions in september. There's also a question about which team from Guangdong will be the hosts. It could be evergrande, but there's also a new team based in Shenzhen that is a joint project with Serbian federation and it could be the host.

Didn't kim participate as part to Eszacibasi last time? I don't think Japan have players that play abroad so until they host again it's unlikely they will participate.

Yeah kim was there last time

• I think club world championships should be organized at the end of the season, maybe right after CL. Scheduling it at the beginning of the season doesn't make any sense because the rosters that won their continental championships generally won't be the same the following season. Also At the beginning of the season, most teams are struggling with their team chemistry. So it is far from ideal

• It is not the problem for Conegliano :win:

Finals of CL is always around 1.5 it is impossible to put it after CL. And some teams are done with competition at beginning of April.

December as last edition is just fine.

• It is not the problem for Conegliano :win:

Finals of CL is always around 1.5 it is impossible to put it after CL. And some teams are done with competition at beginning of April.

December as last edition is just fine. Teams are already training together for 3months.

• I think club world championships should be organized at the end of the season, maybe right after CL. Scheduling it at the beginning of the season doesn't make any sense because the rosters that won their continental championships generally won't be the same the following season. Also At the beginning of the season, most teams are struggling with their team chemistry. So it is far from ideal

With new vnl this is almost impossible+covid

The champions league ends at may and 2 weeks after the teams are going to vnl so there isn't too nuch time right now

That's why montreux was annulated for good

I don't think it's been this way since 2017. Fivb also ended wgp and started vnl that year, so I doubt it's possible to go back.

• They'll set Olympic - VNL-world championship-VNL to the cycle for 4 years and hold everything in summer.

fivb binds a player to that salary isn't being paid too much long time. A holiday has almost disappeared, and a top player is a factor of an injury.

• Do we know which teams will participate?

• Do we know which teams will participate?

CL winner from Europe

Winner of Brazilian league I think

Probably again two clubs from Chine

And 4 wild-Cards (Eczacibasi, almost 100%)

I hope We will have again

2 clubs from Italy

2 clubs from Turkey

2 clubs from Brazil (Or just one + 1 Russian)

2 clubs from Asia (China probably both from China)

• Found the thread lol

Turkey will be the host and there will be two teams representing Turkey.(Vakıf-Eczacı? or Fenerbahçe?) It will on 14-19 December

China didn't want to host? Didn't know that Zhu's injury had these kind of repercussions :whistle: