European Super League to be announced tonight, UEFA, FAs threaten bans to clubs joining

• https://www.marca.com/en/footb…2c9c46163fab038b4609.html

I hope this doesn't happen.

I imagine this could affect even other sports as well now they could be potentially competing against too many football matches of popular clubs with their niche. The greed of these rich football clubs is just unbelievable. Hoping Miss Karma bites them somewhere. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Rains

Changed the title of the thread from “European Super League to be announced tonight, UEFA threatens bans” to “European Super League to be announced tonight, UEFA, FAs threaten bans to clubs joining”.
  • Just a disgusting idea to make the rich richer at the expense of everyone else. I’m not surprised, it’s been heading in this direction since the late ‘90s when they changed the UCL to allow multiple teams from the same countries and from there we saw the same clubs get richer and stronger and everyone else get weaker.

Before the late ‘90s teams like Ajax, PSV, Marseille, Red Star and Steaua Bucharest could win the CL but these days all the talented players in those teams would be signed by the richest clubs because they have money nobody else can compete with. Since then the only “smaller” club to win was Porto in 2004 and what happened to them? Instantly the next season they lost most of their best players to richer teams.

Hoping this doesn’t happen but it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

• https://www.marca.com/en/footb…2c9c46163fab038b4609.html

I hope this doesn't happen.

I imagine this could affect even other sports as well now they could be potentially competing against too many football matches of popular clubs with their niche. The greed of these rich football clubs is just unbelievable. Hoping Miss Karma bites them somewhere. :white:

I hope volleyball would take a similar path of Euroleague basketball, CEV is a mess, including so many weak teams while leaving many good Italian and Turkish teams out will not help volleyball in the long run

• Chelsea, Manutd, ManCity, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal(The fuck why the last two were even invited :gone:) are withdrawing from the superleague.

giphy.gif

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• But wait...

https://www.football.london/pr…helsea-tottenham-20422417

Quote from Flopentino Perez

Perez, though, has defended the announcement, suggesting that the tournament will take football forward and be the future.

Speaking with El Chiringuito, the Spaniard opened up on the plans behind the tournament and why it will be the way forward for the clubs involved.

As well as that, he also announced that the 12 clubs who have agreed to join the plan will not be allowed to get out of it, despite growing pressures from elsewhere, particularly the Premier League.

He said: "The contract of the Super League is binding. Nobody can leave, we will work all together. All the clubs signed the contracts last Saturday - there's no problem."

Perez has made this admission after a report by Mail football writer Olivier Holt claimed that "cracks may be beginning to appear" and that two "English clubs are close to losing their nerve."

:gone:

#FreeBritney

• I hope this happened: we would get ride of those clubs (Milan, Inter, Juve) that monopolized all the money in Serie A, destroying the league and competitiveness. It would amazing.