Poland NT 2021

• The list of players for this season:

OPP: Łukasz Kaczmarek, Dawid Konarski, Maciej Muzaj, Bartosz Kurek

S: Fabian Drzyzga, Marcin Janusz, Marcin Komenda, Grzegorz Łomacz

MB: Mateusz Bieniek, Norbert Huber, Karol Kłos, Jakub Kochanowski, Piotr Nowakowski

OH: Bartosz Bednorz, Tomasz Fornal, Michał Kubiak, Bartosz Kwolek, Wilfredo Leon, Kamil Semeniuk, Artur Szalpuk, Aleksander Śliwka

L: Jakub Popiwczak, Damian Wojtaszek, Paweł Zatorski

• Poland can build two NT each with a podium finish at the same major tournament.

Still waiting for both A-teams of Poland (now with Leon) and Russia (hopefully with Muserskiy) I think that match will be epic :box:

• 18 players for VNL. From these player 12 for Tokyo will be chosen:

Opps: Bartosz Kurek, Maciej Muzaj, Łukasz Kaczmarek
    S: Fabian Drzyzga, Grzegorz Łomacz, Marcin Janusz
    MBs: Karol Kłos, Mateusz Bieniek, Jakub Kochanowski, Piotr Nowakowski
    OHs: Kamil Semeniuk, Wilfredo Leon, Bartosz Bednorz, Tomasz Fornal, Michał Kubiak, Aleksander Śliwka
    L: Paweł Zatorski, Damian Wojtaszek

Cut players: Konarski, Szalpuk, Kwolek, Popiwczak, Komenda and Huber.

• i expected Szalpuk tp go further at least

• Konarski is finally out - thank god.

Lomacz next please.

It's sad to see Kwolek not improving much these 2 years while Sliwka has become the CL MVP.

MB and OH are the most difficult to choose. I think without much shock/surprise in practice and VNL,

3rd MB will be a fight b/w Kochanowski & Bieniek.

4th OH will be a fight b/w Bednorz & Semeniuk.

• Szalpuk ;(

He was outstanding during the 2018 world championship campaign. A key player for the gold medal. I'm so sad he got cut just to have Leon in the roster. :aww:

• Szalpuk ;(

He was outstanding during the 2018 world championship campaign. A key player for the gold medal. I'm so sad he got cut just to have Leon in the roster. :aww:

That was the highlight for Szalpuk, passing and scoring, especially in the final game.

my preference on OH in particular order is: :super:

OH 1: Wilfredo Leon, Kamil Semeniuk, Bartosz Bednorz

OH 2: Michał Kubiak, Aleksander Śliwka, Tomasz Fornal

• That was the highlight for Szalpuk, passing and scoring, especially in the final game.

Mine.

• That was the highlight for Szalpuk, passing and scoring, especially in the final game.

I think Kubiak will be the OH1 as always and same in ECH 2019.

I still think Leon doesn't fit well in their system and not sure if Kubiak would want to be a defensive OH.

• I think Kubiak will be the OH1 as always and same in ECH 2019.

I still think Leon doesn't fit well in their system and not sure if Kubiak would want to be a defensive OH.

My bad on not considering the rotation between OH1 and OH2.

OHs definitely need to handle pass and score, no doubt about that.

It would be super ideal that both OHs do a good job on and off the net.

My 2 cents on Poland NT is Leon's role has to score more effectively and Kubiak's role has to pass/ defense more effectively.

• lets be realistic, you put Leon on bench, lol

I put Leon out of the team and I go there with the real polish guys. Poland has a ridiculous amount of talent. And Leon doesn't fit their system as well: they played way better without him (see 2018 WCH and 2019 ECH).

• I put Leon out of the team and I go there with the real polish guys. Poland has a ridiculous amount of talent. And Leon doesn't fit their system as well: they played way better without him (see 2018 WCH and 2019 ECH).

That would be a bold move if Heynen does that, very unlikely tho.

Indeed, Poland played fluently and transitioned throughout the court so well during 2018 and 2019.

Poland would be challenged if opposite can't score and Leon is the only go to person facing 3 blocks when playing out of system. Granted that any team could run into this scenario.

• I’ve read that Heynen keeps saying he is not going to bring the best individual players to OG but the players that works best for the team. Does that mean he is preparing to exclude Semeniuk? If so, I will be so angry.

That better NOT happen! Semeniuk improved so much with passing in Zaksa this year during CEV CL.