Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• It just amazes me that nowadays most of the younger setters don't know how to set their middles (maybe except Poulter).

In the past most setters can set the middles to a (fairly) decent level - nowadays they are more trained to set fast balls to the wings.

• Zackhaiou 71%(5/7)in attack and 3 blocks.Danesi 3/16...What kind of match did u watch?Sure,Noemi last year used to know how to use her MBs.It's just Orro sucks...

:huh:

I was watching tha match in the hall and I could have swore that Zackhaiou was the worst of the two... Maybe because Danesi had more blocks but anyway...

I think Monza worked very good with OHs and Opp but very bad with MBs (those errors in the tie break were "urgh" to watch). Also, I love Mihajlovic but that's just not her time anymore. Also, great service runs by Lazovic and Candi at a point.

Novara needs a better setting performance overall, I didn't like some of the choices today. I think they also need to be a bit more "cynical" in closing sets when they can (not only today, also against Conegliano/Supercup). They have quite a nice bench tho, since Cate wasn't at her best and Nika struggled in reception sometimes, they did good with the alternates.

• At least her compatriot contributes more than expected when Monza hired her, before the NT season, Lazovic supposed to be bench player.

I'm sure a lot of money is thrown LOL.

Just curious though. The salary will it depend on experience and achievements or the contract if you will be starting player should be higher than a bench player? If so lazovic should have a better offer than mihaj.

• Just curious though. The salary will it depend on experience and achievements or the contract if you will be starting player should be higher than a bench player? If so lazovic should have a better offer than mihaj.

no. Lazovic signed her contract before she "broke out" in VNL etc. Her contract won't be very big. or bigger than Mihajlovic's anyways.

Starter or not, doesnt matter unless they have a clause in their contract, which would be strange for volleyball.

• Bosetti was injured not that long time ago, keep that in mind.

It just amazes me that nowadays most of the younger setters don't know how to set their middles (maybe except Poulter).

Orro is very good on most occasions in using her middles, Washington, Bonifacio, Heyrman or Danesi past seasons all have very efficient seasons while playing with Alessia.

Monza just looks very messy as a whole team at the start of a season, but there's no top team playing well besides Prosecco Doc Imoco Volley Conegliano (I enjoy their full name for some reason, lol) at this point.

• Yesterday Antropova wasn't even in the bench for Scandicci, apparently when they presented the roster for the Challenge Cup it came out she had a first registration under a russian club before coming to Italy so she can't be counted as Italian (that would only be allowed if her first registration was in Italy). It's unclear at the moment what will happen but it seems likely she won't be able to play as Italian until the situation gets solved (and I doubt it's going to be quick). Scandicci now will also have troubles with foreigner numbers, considering now they would have 7 and possibly at risk or getting the 2 wins with her on court revoked (not sure if this would happen though considering the fault is more on the federation side).

It's crazy though that this is coming out just now and that the federation allowed her registration in the first place

• 4th Round

MONZA - NOVARA 2-3

Stysiak 19, Gennari 18, Lazovic 14 / Karakurt 29, Daalderop 16, Chirichella 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744667

CHIERI - BUSTO ARSIZIO 3-0

Frantti 16, Villani 13, Grobelna 13 / Mingardi 16, Gray 14, Olivotto 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744668

SCANDICCI - TRENTO 3-0

Lippmann 11, Pietrini 10, Bia 8 / Rivero 9, Piva 8, Mason 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744669

FIRENZE - CUNEO 3-1

Nwakalor 19, Belien 13, Van Gestel 12 / Gicquel 17, Squarcini 11, Stufi 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744670

PERUGIA - ROMA 3-0

Diouf 14, Havelkova 11, Guerra 11 / Trnkova 14, Stigrot 9, Klimets 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744671

CASALMAGGIORE - CONEGLIANO 0-3

Braga 12, Shcherban 11, Malual 6 / Omoruyi 14, Egonu 11, Courtney 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744672

BERGAMO - VALLEFOGLIA 3-1

Lanier 22, Enright 19, Loda 16 / Kosheleva 22, Jack 14, Newcombe 13

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744673

• Trnkova started the season really well, her stats are impressive.

• more news on ekaterina antropova case

• It seems the debate cause was a preliminar list she was in for the european u16 champs at 2017,she didn't take part of the tournament.
    • The sassuolo president (last club in A2) certifies that he has the papers the russian federation confirms she was registrated in Italy
    • I don't know how they didn't see it,when I search info about her,it was the first that appeared,sassuolo's manager said she was only making school volley at Russia but that was enough to be called to NT?
    • Volleyball.it said that Russian Federation approached her with intention to join the NT but her and their parents refused (👏)
    • Also that she can apply to Italian citizenship as her mother came only with a temporary visa,maybe now as she's 18,live in Italy some years and practise sport,she can apply?
  • So Antropova is not going to play for Russia NT. okej girl. Now move to OH position :lol:

• omg that’s great news that she and her family refused to play for Russian nt. I think it’s not easy saying no to such an opportunity.e

If that's a final decision, then you're right, but keep in mind that maybe she just wanted to have all options to remain open while being so young, and it wasn't a definitive 'no', especially considering that (if I googled correctly) for non-EU person it's way harder to get a citizenship in Italy, at least within a normal procedure. I wouldn't be suprised at all if it's still possible that a year or two from now she'll start to calculate that there are several areas that make it more beneficial to play for Russia.

• Will someone explain what is happening to Mihajlović? Because I have the impression that during this covid break, someone cut off her electricity ~ it is unbelievable and it's a pity because it is a piece of a player:rose:I really liked the Monza-Novara match, really because Imoco would win in his match, I was sure and their series is impressive: D The Monza-Imoco match will be interesting:cup:

• yeah italian law isn't easy not like turkey,serbia and those country that practically give it easy a passeport

I hope it came soon if not she can change her mind