Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• where is yağmur karaoğlu? is she injured? she hasnt played in any of the matches so far

• Interesting to see where Antropova will end up. I think she is just what Russian NT needs. If she would play for Russia they really would have a deadly generation with her and Arina.

• Interesting to see where Antropova will end up. I think she is just what Russian NT needs. If she would play for Russia they really would have a deadly generation with her and Arina.

Russia can have a deadly generation regardless of Antropova, if Arina was present during U20 WCH they'd have most probably swept U20/U18 WCHs/U16 ECH this year.

But that's why, unless Antropova somehow gets eligible to play for Italy very soon, it is hard to imagine her playing for Italy at the end of a day. Like voulter already said, once her position at international level in a club volleyball will be established in next 2-3 years, she'll think of what's the best for her career, and for several reason I believe it will be Russia.

• Anyone know what her degree is?

Is that doctorate the same as it is here? Cause that’s seriously impressive if she’s doing that and volleyball

also I love how all the Americans just seem to congregate everywhere lol

Is that doctorate the same as it is here? Cause that’s seriously impressive if she’s doing that and volleyball

well, I don’t want to offend anyone but she wasn’t doing any volleyball either until recently lol

Impressive, I agree

Where did you get doctorate from? 😂 It's a regular degree (I guess it would equate to a bachelor in the US) in Education Science

Yeah. AFAIK, Buzato called her twice this year (I think there was a third call to join the U20 team), but she didn't accept it because of her contract with Scandicci (they'll only accept her as Italian, not a foreign). She doesn't wanna risk their contract. I think she doesn't have the Italian passport, so she won't play for the Italian NT (at least until 2028, as some users said). She was interviewed in a Russian podcast some weeks ago and she said she doesn't have a decision yet.

BTW, I don't know if she can be registered as Russian again (if she decides to play for Russia in the future) since she is likely to be registered as Italian now. It's kinda tricky. She needs to be informed before making the decision.

Regardless of playing for Italy or Russia, she wanna become one of the best players in the world and that's why she's in Italy (IMO, it's the best decision since Russia doesn't have good coaches currently).

• I can’t wait for today match between Monza and Conegliano :drink:

Some info about De Gennaro and Plummer, are they ready or they are still out of the court ?!

Fahr started to work in the gym.

• Antropova won't be in the match tomorrow, I got it wrong on the previous post but as long as her situation doesn't get solved she won't be allowed to play as her registration is considered invalid. It's still unclear who's fault is it, because Russian federation had to provide a document that stated she wasn't part of any affiliate club or activity for her first italian registration, and as of right now they're waiting on FIVB to investigate and have a decision. I hope it gets solved soon and she will be able to play as soon as possible, whether it is as italian or russian

• Antropova won't be in the match tomorrow, I got it wrong on the previous post but as long as her situation doesn't get solved she won't be allowed to play as her registration is considered invalid. It's still unclear who's fault is it, because Russian federation had to provide a document that stated she wasn't part of any affiliate club or activity for her first italian registration, and as of right now they're waiting on FIVB to investigate and have a decision. I hope it gets solved soon and she will be able to play as soon as possible, whether it is as italian or russian

Sassuolo manager said they gave it some time ago

• What about Egonu and De Gennaro? Apparently Egonu has recently felt pain in her knee and De Gennaro is also having some problems:mad:Although I doubt that De Gennaro's absence would be a problem ~ it would be worse if Egonu had fallen out, but De Gennaro is in a class of its own:rose:

• What about Egonu and De Gennaro? Apparently Egonu has recently felt pain in her knee and De Gennaro is also having some problems:mad:Although I doubt that De Gennaro's absence would be a problem ~ it would be worse if Egonu had fallen out, but De Gennaro is in a class of its own:rose:

Egonu is there training properly.
    I hope Plummer is gone finally comeback She needs to play and to show that She deserves to be starter next to Megan. Sylla is gone come back and Plummer is sitting on the bench. That is no good sign.
    She is so unlucky.