Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• trentino gonna play in trento's men venue next season

They had problems with actual court

• Casalmaggiore announced backup libero Martina Ferrara, opposite Malual, OH Mangani and MB Zambelli and Michaela White (never even heard of her), so far can't see any way for them to not get relegated honestly :/

M'Kaela is American. She played at a small NCAA school and then in Finland.

Sure is...... interesting.

• yes! I forgot about them.

Turkey is the easiest to watch internationally so I don’t mind them. But Poland, France, Germany (this season) and probably others are so hard to watch internationally… I hope they see the reach that VBW is getting (Italy has)

If they're smart, they'll try to get Thailand and Phillipines first lol but I don't know if volleyball in those countries is easily available to watch.

• If they're smart, they'll try to get Thailand and Phillipines first lol but I don't know if volleyball in those countries is easily available to watch.

I would guess since that’s a league that’s only popular there… they might have a hard time buying the rights… I would assume They’re heavily watched locally and not so much internationally (maybe I’m wrong) local TV is probably really successful and may not want to give that up

• yes! I forgot about them.

Turkey is the easiest to watch internationally so I don’t mind them. But Poland, France, Germany (this season) and probably others are so hard to watch internationally… I hope they see the reach that VBW is getting (Italy has)

What price do you reckon it will be?

• What price do you reckon it will be?

if it’s just Serie A, it better not be more expensive than LVFTV (I think that was 5ish euros a month?)

if there a multiple leagues… I may pay up to 10-15 a month depending on the content

but since it’s women’s *and* men…. It might be more… which would suck cause I don’t watch the men :lol:

• if it’s just Serie A, it better not be more expensive than LVFTV (I think that was 5ish euros a month?)

if there a multiple leagues… I may pay up to 10-15 a month depending on the content

but since it’s women’s *and* men…. It might be more… which would suck cause I don’t watch the men :lol:

Same here:saint: but I think they will make more plans available. Last year LVF TV had at least 3 different subscription plans according to what you wanted to watch and for how long, maybe they will do the same. Also it's the first time they broadcast a local league right? It will be interesting to see how they deal with it (really, they can't be worse than lvf tv last year, so I'm positive about this)

• Volleyball World news announcement: https://en.volleyballworld.com…men-s-italian-professiona

I do hope they will add all the popular leagues including Germany, Poland, France, Turkey and Brazil

But I'll keep dreaming :saint:

It's interesting that they mention the international rights for the women's league but not the mens.

I think it would be a no-brainer for all of these leagues to sell international right... I mean none of them do currently. It's literally free revenue for them.

• Volleyball World news announcement: https://en.volleyballworld.com…men-s-italian-professiona

I do hope they will add all the popular leagues including Germany, Poland, France, Turkey and Brazil

But I'll keep dreaming :saint:

There's no chance unfortunately of Polish league to be streamed via this platform, at least a male league, TV owner of these rights is really conservative in terms of its sharing, because they are one of the most important features of its private sports package, and TV and a league have pretty great relations lasting for years. Polish female league is treated more like an ugly duck to be honest, and there would be a chance, but nonetheless rights of both leagues are sold to Polsat TV on a multiyear deal.

Italian league is in different spot, because Rai Sport was streaming only a minor number of matches, so the rest was streamed by Eleven Sports (male league) or via this LVF app (female league) online, and there were rumors that Rai would still have a share of games to show after a deal with FIVB.

I think the main difference is that both Italian leagues in terms of quality of production will improve a lot, in more VNL-like direction, with much bigger coverage through social media, and on its own it will be a lot in terms of quality of a content.

I don't know how it looks like in Turkey, but I'd expect moves towards countries without a strong TV support.

• One more great news about Seria A. Next season it can be legendary :heart:

• Italian league is in different spot, because Rai Sport was streaming only a minor number of matches, so the rest was streamed by Eleven Sports (male league) or via this LVF app (female league) online, and there were rumors that Rai would still have a share of games to show after a deal with FIVB.

I hope we aren't paying the subscription but only able to watch Padova-Ravenna etc.:whistle:

• I hope we aren't paying the subscription but only able to watch Padova-Ravenna etc.:whistle:

,,Furthermore, VBTV, the new subscription based streaming channel from Volleyball World, will showcase all matches of both leagues together with additional digital content, exposing the premier professional volleyball action to an even greater audience.''

It looks like it will be beneficial for both sides:

Volleyball World company gets its first league product, and it's best female and male league in the world from the start. It's hard to imagine a better start of investment in club volleyball than getting an access to every game of the most multinational and best sports-wise league available.

Female and male leagues gets an investment and platform that will be much more serious financially and in terms of promoting a content, than anything that they've witnessed before. Those online streams of Eleven Sports or LVF TV were so average in terms of quality of a product that I don't believe that there was some serious investment from both sides. From both official statements and earlier rumors, it is obvious that besides rights to the league, there will be a process of investment in the league as a media product.

I want to get more details of this project, but it's hard not to be optimistic about it, unless the costs of subscription will be cosmic. I'm not a fan of Volleyball World presentation of a volleyball quite frankly, and this new VNL format is as flashy as annoying to me personally, with those weird soundtracks, but let's be honest: that's still three-levels ahead of these online streams we've seen past few years.

• well I'm only interesting in Serie A women and only that

I hope they don't increase the suscribtion payment for next year because i don't want to pay more for male when i won't watch it