Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• Bosetti was injured not that long time ago, keep that in mind.

It just amazes me that nowadays most of the younger setters don't know how to set their middles (maybe except Poulter).

Orro is very good on most occasions in using her middles, Washington, Bonifacio, Heyrman or Danesi past seasons all have very efficient seasons while playing with Alessia.

Monza just looks very messy as a whole team at the start of a season, but there's no top team playing well besides Prosecco Doc Imoco Volley Conegliano (I enjoy their full name for some reason, lol) at this point.

• Yesterday Antropova wasn't even in the bench for Scandicci, apparently when they presented the roster for the Challenge Cup it came out she had a first registration under a russian club before coming to Italy so she can't be counted as Italian (that would only be allowed if her first registration was in Italy). It's unclear at the moment what will happen but it seems likely she won't be able to play as Italian until the situation gets solved (and I doubt it's going to be quick). Scandicci now will also have troubles with foreigner numbers, considering now they would have 7 and possibly at risk or getting the 2 wins with her on court revoked (not sure if this would happen though considering the fault is more on the federation side).

It's crazy though that this is coming out just now and that the federation allowed her registration in the first place

• 4th Round

MONZA - NOVARA 2-3

Stysiak 19, Gennari 18, Lazovic 14 / Karakurt 29, Daalderop 16, Chirichella 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744667

CHIERI - BUSTO ARSIZIO 3-0

Frantti 16, Villani 13, Grobelna 13 / Mingardi 16, Gray 14, Olivotto 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744668

SCANDICCI - TRENTO 3-0

Lippmann 11, Pietrini 10, Bia 8 / Rivero 9, Piva 8, Mason 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744669

FIRENZE - CUNEO 3-1

Nwakalor 19, Belien 13, Van Gestel 12 / Gicquel 17, Squarcini 11, Stufi 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744670

PERUGIA - ROMA 3-0

Diouf 14, Havelkova 11, Guerra 11 / Trnkova 14, Stigrot 9, Klimets 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744671

CASALMAGGIORE - CONEGLIANO 0-3

Braga 12, Shcherban 11, Malual 6 / Omoruyi 14, Egonu 11, Courtney 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744672

BERGAMO - VALLEFOGLIA 3-1

Lanier 22, Enright 19, Loda 16 / Kosheleva 22, Jack 14, Newcombe 13

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744673

• Trnkova started the season really well, her stats are impressive.

• more news on ekaterina antropova case

• It seems the debate cause was a preliminar list she was in for the european u16 champs at 2017,she didn't take part of the tournament.
    • The sassuolo president (last club in A2) certifies that he has the papers the russian federation confirms she was registrated in Italy
    • I don't know how they didn't see it,when I search info about her,it was the first that appeared,sassuolo's manager said she was only making school volley at Russia but that was enough to be called to NT?
    • Volleyball.it said that Russian Federation approached her with intention to join the NT but her and their parents refused (👏)
    • Also that she can apply to Italian citizenship as her mother came only with a temporary visa,maybe now as she's 18,live in Italy some years and practise sport,she can apply?
  • So Antropova is not going to play for Russia NT. okej girl. Now move to OH position :lol:

• more news on ekaterina antropova case

• Volleyball.it said that Russian Federation approached her with intention to join the NT but her and their parents refused (👏)
    • Also that she can apply to Italian citizenship as her mother came only with a temporary visa,maybe now as she's 18,live in Italy some years and practise sport,she can apply?

omg that’s great news that she and her family refused to play for Russian nt. I think it’s not easy saying no to such an opportunity.

Hopefully Italian laws won’t cut her from the nt. When it comes to bureaucracy and citizenship, Italy is such a disappointment.

• omg that’s great news that she and her family refused to play for Russian nt. I think it’s not easy saying no to such an opportunity.e

If that's a final decision, then you're right, but keep in mind that maybe she just wanted to have all options to remain open while being so young, and it wasn't a definitive 'no', especially considering that (if I googled correctly) for non-EU person it's way harder to get a citizenship in Italy, at least within a normal procedure. I wouldn't be suprised at all if it's still possible that a year or two from now she'll start to calculate that there are several areas that make it more beneficial to play for Russia.

• Will someone explain what is happening to Mihajlović? Because I have the impression that during this covid break, someone cut off her electricity ~ it is unbelievable and it's a pity because it is a piece of a player:rose:I really liked the Monza-Novara match, really because Imoco would win in his match, I was sure and their series is impressive: D The Monza-Imoco match will be interesting:cup:

• yeah italian law isn't easy not like turkey,serbia and those country that practically give it easy a passeport

I hope it came soon if not she can change her mind

• Will someone explain what is happening to Mihajlović? Because I have the impression that during this covid break, someone cut off her electricity ~ it is unbelievable and it's a pity because it is a piece of a player:rose:I really liked the Monza-Novara match, really because Imoco would win in his match, I was sure and their series is impressive: D The Monza-Imoco match will be interesting:cup:

The many injuries she had affected her also the age,the fact that she jump high and all that

• I wonder if Novara will fight more seriously this year for gold with Imoco and the composition is really good, apart from Hancock ~ in my opinion this is Novara's biggest weakness:rose:As for me, Monza lost a bit in the middle, because the middle plays with low efficiency ~ the middle game below 20% is bad, a very nice game by Lazovic and Stysiak ~ should not be substitutes, but now they come out more often and what Karakurt played is wow:drink:

• I honestly think she would have played maybe a couple more years as italian just to get more chances to play here but eventually go back to play for Russia. If i understand correctly she came to Italy in 2018, meaning she will be able to ask for citizenship only in 2028,that's skipping two full Olympics cycles for nothing.

• I honestly think she would have played maybe a couple more years as italian just to get more chances to play here but eventually go back to play for Russia. If i understand correctly she came to Italy in 2018, meaning she will be able to ask for citizenship only in 2028,that's skipping two full Olympics cycles for nothing.

Just for curiosity: is there any chance to get a citizenship fast-tracked (besides being a citizen due to marriage etc.) for a volleyball player (in Italy)? I mean some special presidential decree or stuff like that? It's very popular way to obtain a citizenship in basketball in several countries. I checked these basic regulations on the internet for EU/non-EU citizens and from what you said it seems I got it right, these 10 years for a non-EU citizen would be decisive here. But maybe she'll get married to Italian or Russia will access to EU, who knows. :lol:

• Just for curiosity: is there any chance to get a citizenship fast-tracked (besides being a citizen due to marriage etc.) for a volleyball player (in Italy)? I mean some special presidential decree or stuff like that? It's very popular way to obtain a citizenship in basketball in several countries. I checked these basic regulations on the internet for EU/non-EU citizens and from what you said it seems I got it right, these 10 years for a non-EU citizen would be decisive here. But maybe she'll get married to Italian or Russia will access to EU, who knows. :lol:

I don’t think it is possible, I remember many issues with athletes having troubles getting an italian passport (Ludmilla Samsonova just to say the first that comes to mind even though that was a different issue compared to Antropova) but never heard of someone getting nationality for sports merit. Tbh (and this is off topic I guess) I wouldn't be in favor of something like that, I just think the law on how to get citizenship should just change cause it's insanely bad as of right now. And just to add the 10 years of wait are just the ones needed to present the request, after that it could take up to 5 more years to actually get it approved and it often gets denied due to technicalities, even though I'm sure for someone like Antropova would be somewhat easier as she can afford to hire good lawyers to follow the practice and would have the help of the federation I doubt it would be immediate (I honestly don't think she would make it for 2028 Olympics). So yeah unless the law changes, she marries an italian or comes out she has an italian grandparent it would take a while