Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• Will someone explain what is happening to Mihajlović? Because I have the impression that during this covid break, someone cut off her electricity ~ it is unbelievable and it's a pity because it is a piece of a player:rose:I really liked the Monza-Novara match, really because Imoco would win in his match, I was sure and their series is impressive: D The Monza-Imoco match will be interesting:cup:

The many injuries she had affected her also the age,the fact that she jump high and all that

• I wonder if Novara will fight more seriously this year for gold with Imoco and the composition is really good, apart from Hancock ~ in my opinion this is Novara's biggest weakness:rose:As for me, Monza lost a bit in the middle, because the middle plays with low efficiency ~ the middle game below 20% is bad, a very nice game by Lazovic and Stysiak ~ should not be substitutes, but now they come out more often and what Karakurt played is wow:drink:

• I honestly think she would have played maybe a couple more years as italian just to get more chances to play here but eventually go back to play for Russia. If i understand correctly she came to Italy in 2018, meaning she will be able to ask for citizenship only in 2028,that's skipping two full Olympics cycles for nothing.

• I honestly think she would have played maybe a couple more years as italian just to get more chances to play here but eventually go back to play for Russia. If i understand correctly she came to Italy in 2018, meaning she will be able to ask for citizenship only in 2028,that's skipping two full Olympics cycles for nothing.

Just for curiosity: is there any chance to get a citizenship fast-tracked (besides being a citizen due to marriage etc.) for a volleyball player (in Italy)? I mean some special presidential decree or stuff like that? It's very popular way to obtain a citizenship in basketball in several countries. I checked these basic regulations on the internet for EU/non-EU citizens and from what you said it seems I got it right, these 10 years for a non-EU citizen would be decisive here. But maybe she'll get married to Italian or Russia will access to EU, who knows. :lol:

• Just for curiosity: is there any chance to get a citizenship fast-tracked (besides being a citizen due to marriage etc.) for a volleyball player (in Italy)? I mean some special presidential decree or stuff like that? It's very popular way to obtain a citizenship in basketball in several countries. I checked these basic regulations on the internet for EU/non-EU citizens and from what you said it seems I got it right, these 10 years for a non-EU citizen would be decisive here. But maybe she'll get married to Italian or Russia will access to EU, who knows. :lol:

I don’t think it is possible, I remember many issues with athletes having troubles getting an italian passport (Ludmilla Samsonova just to say the first that comes to mind even though that was a different issue compared to Antropova) but never heard of someone getting nationality for sports merit. Tbh (and this is off topic I guess) I wouldn't be in favor of something like that, I just think the law on how to get citizenship should just change cause it's insanely bad as of right now. And just to add the 10 years of wait are just the ones needed to present the request, after that it could take up to 5 more years to actually get it approved and it often gets denied due to technicalities, even though I'm sure for someone like Antropova would be somewhat easier as she can afford to hire good lawyers to follow the practice and would have the help of the federation I doubt it would be immediate (I honestly don't think she would make it for 2028 Olympics). So yeah unless the law changes, she marries an italian or comes out she has an italian grandparent it would take a while

• where is yağmur karaoğlu? is she injured? she hasnt played in any of the matches so far

• Interesting to see where Antropova will end up. I think she is just what Russian NT needs. If she would play for Russia they really would have a deadly generation with her and Arina.

Russia can have a deadly generation regardless of Antropova, if Arina was present during U20 WCH they'd have most probably swept U20/U18 WCHs/U16 ECH this year.

But that's why, unless Antropova somehow gets eligible to play for Italy very soon, it is hard to imagine her playing for Italy at the end of a day. Like voulter already said, once her position at international level in a club volleyball will be established in next 2-3 years, she'll think of what's the best for her career, and for several reason I believe it will be Russia.

• Anyone know what her degree is?

Is that doctorate the same as it is here? Cause that’s seriously impressive if she’s doing that and volleyball

also I love how all the Americans just seem to congregate everywhere lol

well, I don’t want to offend anyone but she wasn’t doing any volleyball either until recently lol

Impressive, I agree

• Anyone know what her degree is?

Is that doctorate the same as it is here? Cause that’s seriously impressive if she’s doing that and volleyball

also I love how all the Americans just seem to congregate everywhere lol

Where did you get doctorate from? 😂 It's a regular degree (I guess it would equate to a bachelor in the US) in Education Science

• Interesting to see where Antropova will end up. I think she is just what Russian NT needs. If she would play for Russia they really would have a deadly generation with her and Arina.

Yeah. AFAIK, Buzato called her twice this year (I think there was a third call to join the U20 team), but she didn't accept it because of her contract with Scandicci (they'll only accept her as Italian, not a foreign). She doesn't wanna risk their contract. I think she doesn't have the Italian passport, so she won't play for the Italian NT (at least until 2028, as some users said). She was interviewed in a Russian podcast some weeks ago and she said she doesn't have a decision yet.

BTW, I don't know if she can be registered as Russian again (if she decides to play for Russia in the future) since she is likely to be registered as Italian now. It's kinda tricky. She needs to be informed before making the decision.

Regardless of playing for Italy or Russia, she wanna become one of the best players in the world and that's why she's in Italy (IMO, it's the best decision since Russia doesn't have good coaches currently).