Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• I don't know Egonu's transfer news is true but I get that vibe from her today. And she cried after MVP announcement. BTW Egonu will be very welcomed in Vakif.

• Please stop saying that someone ,,doesn’t belong to that level”. She worked hard to get there and by the way such words are even more ridiculous when said about an Olympic Champion :aww: What is wrong with her choices xd? In tie break they were all appropriate, setting Bosetti a lot when she had her moment, using Ebrar because she is the leader, what do you want her to do?

The part about Dalderoop is another thing I can not agree with. IMO she is a more mature player than Herbots, someone more trustworthy on court. I think that Herbots tends to spike straight through the block or tip in decisive moments. I like her in the NT, but in Novara I think Nika is better.

• Yeh hncock I like her but she seems quite lost this nd past season,with team she has other setters could do it better imo

• I don't know Egonu's transfer news is true but I get that vibe from her today. And she cried after MVP announcement. BTW Egonu will be very welcomed in Vakif.

I got the vibes from Haak that she might leave as well from an interview I saw. She avoided responding to questions regarding her future in VB and said she likes to take the year as is for now 🤔

• My impression about last night is that after two great sets, Ebrar couldn't keep the level up. She did great, she was unstoppable but then nothing. So Hancock - btw she did great to me - started to rely on Bosetti more and more. They can't have pauses, not against Conegliano.

Courtney was injured, she has problems with her elbow: you could see the big bandage she had on her arm. In the post match interview Santarelli said that she shoul have never been used, before starting her he asked her if she felt like it. Congrats to Megan, her stability, even if in not great condotions, helped to turn things around.

• My impression about last night is that after two great sets, Ebrar couldn't keep the level up. She did great, she was unstoppable but then nothing. So Hancock - btw she did great to me - started to rely on Bosetti more and more. They can't have pauses, not against Conegliano.

This is something Ebrar needs to improve. I am not sure if this has to do with stamina or psychological, or maybe both, but she really has to work on it. I wish she would build a more athletic body so that she could use different variation in her game, therefore opponents would have hard time to stop her.

• Megabox has 4 positive cases in their team so the match between Conegliano and Megabox is postponed.

• I got the vibes from Haak that she might leave as well from an interview I saw. She avoided responding to questions regarding her future in VB and said she likes to take the year as is for now 🤔

I Just love Haak in BB and finally they Won against Conegliano ..

Really Sad her living right now... 😔

• I need to explain things further...

With Hancock, as someone wrote, she might be a very nice person or very hardworking, but that does not mean she is good enough for Novara, a team trying to win against Conegliano to get titles. My problems with Hancock are:

- Again, as someone wrote, her choices are predictable. She sets to Bosetti non-stop when Bosetti fires up, she sets to Ebrar non-stop when Ebrar fires up etc...She does that until the player gets down. Look at Wolosz, she tries Courtney, Plummer etc, when they have troubles...

- She is not great in any specific element (except serving, not sure if she makes a big damage there either). We have setters like Carlini who are great in setting to wings and then some other setters like Tomkom who were great in setting to middles. Don't know what type of setter Hancock is, because she is simply not great in any of these.

- Her transition sets are horrible. Both Ebrar and Bosetti did an amazing job, hitting sets falling behind them, two meters off the net. If they failed to hit those balls, score would be worse for Novara. This does not happen once or twice, but whenever Novara starts to catch their opponents.

- She never tips the 2nd ball! Gurlll, you are a leftie. Look at Wolosz, she is always a threat on the net when she jumps while Hancock never uses those balls and let her teammates breathe.

For these reasons, you can't win against one of the world's best team with Hancock, sorry but not sorry.

For Daalderop, she looked very stable in receiving but her defense was really bad last night. Herbotts might not be a better blocker, but she is a better server and can easily fire up her team. We will never know how Herbotts would block or receive since she did not have much playing time. That's of course not Nika's fault but Lavarini's. #FreeHerbotts

• We will never know how Herbotts would block or receive since she did not have much playing time. That's of course not Nika's fault but Lavarini's. #FreeHerbotts

Herbots did have plenty of playing time last season. But Daalderop fairly earned her starting spot, despite Herbot's injury last summer. Genuine question, what do you expect from Lavarini? He can't play with 3 OH's and why would he sub Herbots in while Daalderop and Bosetti are doing good? Both had 16 points yesterday

• Herbots did have plenty of playing time last season. But Daalderop fairly earned her starting spot, despite Herbot's injury last summer. Genuine question, what do you expect from Lavarini? He can't play with 3 OH's and why would he sub Herbots in while Daalderop and Bosetti are doing good? Both had 16 points yesterday

Then why did they lose against Conegliano? It is sometimes good to bench a player even if they score well, just to change the dynamics on the court and to surprise your opponents. When you play against a routine 6, you get to learn their patterns throughout a 5 set match, so it is often a good straregy to disrupt the game, especially if you were leading 2-0.

It feels like you really are trying your best not to get my point. Nika did well in attacking and receiving etc, problem was her poor defense. If Herbotts was in and made 2 extra defenses, she could fire up her team or at least bring some energy to the court. Nika is a very good player but she looks more like an introvert. Once again, I don't know how Novara would do with Herbotts in blocking, receiving or attacking but Nika did not do a good job in defense or serving. It would be wise to rest her a bit more and try Herbotts. Another solution could be to use someone better in defense for 3 rotations when Nika was in backrow. Novara does not use her pipe attacks anyway.

• It feels like you really are trying your best not to get my point. Nika did well in attacking and receiving etc, problem was her poor defense. If Herbotts was in and made 2 extra defenses, she could fire up her team or at least bring some energy to the court. Nika is a very good player but she looks more like an introvert. Once again, I don't know how Novara would do with Herbotts in blocking, receiving or attacking but Nika did not do a good job in defense or serving. It would be wise to rest her a bit more and try Herbotts. Another solution could be to use someone better in defense for 3 rotations when Nika was in backrow. Novara does not use her pipe attacks anyway.

I get your point, because trying something new en bring new energy could have made a difference in the end, but we would never know.

About Daalderop being introvert, I really don't see a problem! She puts her energy in volleyball and stays focused during the match. Novara already has a lot of energy on court with Karakurt, Bosetti and Chirichella (also Washington when she is on court). For me, last year with Herbots and Sansonna on court with all these players mationed before, there was a bit too much energy on court:D

• Ebrar really needs to strenghten her body and endurance because she starts at a very high level and drops later on. Egonu is the opposite. Egonu starts neutral and conserves her energy. And when it comes to tiebreaks, she can actually win on her own. Of course, setter's distribution is also a factor.

• Lavarini still needs to switch Caterina to OH2... It doesnt make sense to leave her at OH1.

There's too many times where she's stuck in rotations with Bonifacio or Chirchella and they can't side out.

Maybe Nika's attack from zone 2 is not that good. Some players do have a strong preference for attacking only from zone 4. Also sometimes keeping better attacker as OH2 might be good if she is a good attacker from backrow

• Maybe Nika's attack from zone 2 is not that good. Some players do have a strong preference for attacking only from zone 4. Also sometimes keeping better attacker as OH2 might be good if she is a good attacker from backrow

Meh. I feel like Novara hardly uses the pipe.

She doesn’t need to be a good attacker from two because Ebrar is a good attacker from 4…

idk it’s just not worth it imo for those rotations where it’s only Caterina in the front court with the MB

• What a set and a half for Monza. Kudos to Orro, i watched almost every Monza's match this year and this is by far her best performance. Hope that Lazovic is over with injuries and back on the old track. The same goes for Gennari.