Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• Also there were rumors (and I'm gonna say these rumors are most likely to be true) that he and Rosamaria did not get along in Minas and that he wanted her out in his second year there. I don't know why the hell Novara hired her.

• That minas only loses 3 games in the season,gabi and natalia amazing but he made the team play good,and before irmas cravinho were banned from korea,he made them play good volleyball

also in busto he did well with a mid team

• that’s just not a good enough reason imo. The amount of swings Cate takes as the only front row attacker is way more than the amount of balls she sets

Yes, I think the same. But also think that thats the reason because that seems the most “useful” reason I can think of😅 why would he do otherwise?! Dont really understand the whole idea

• I think people overestimate Lavarini a little bit. Ok Korea did great in Tokyo but talking about Minas' achievements in 2018/2019, when you have Natalia, Gabi as your OHs things are a little bit easier, right?

If Caterina was in Minas as well he would bench either Natalia or Gabi for the whole season for sure:gone:

• they’ll be better with the best setter in Europe 😌

Oh is Naz moving to Novara next season?:roll:

• that’s just not a good enough reason imo. The amount of swings Cate takes as the only front row attacker is way more than the amount of balls she sets

It is because Cate is not a good backrow attacker that's why they start with her as OH1 so that Nika or Herbotts can attack from backrow while she is in the front.

• It is because Cate is not a good backrow attacker that's why they start with her as OH1 so that Nika or Herbotts can attack from backrow while she is in the front.

No:gone:

Most coaches nowadays like to have the OH2 as the main attacker (Leon in Perugia/Poland for example) and to score break points at front row, male or female.

OH1's job is mainly to side-out (and not get stuck on rotation 1) but clearly Cate this year just could not do it.

• I think people overestimate Lavarini a little bit. Ok Korea did great in Tokyo but talking about Minas' achievements in 2018/2019, when you have Natalia, Gabi as your OHs things are a little bit easier, right?

Minas was quite good in 17/18 and won South American Championship against a much better SESC and Gabi was on the other side... I don't think it's fair to reduce his achievements like that... But I agree that he has failed this season

• No:gone:

Most coaches nowadays like to have the OH2 as the main attacker (Leon in Perugia/Poland for example) and to score break points at front row, male or female.

OH1's job is mainly to side-out (and not get stuck on rotation 1) but clearly Cate this year just could not do it.

Not true:aww:

Most teams use their strongest attacking OH as OH1 and 'defensive OH' as OH2 because OH1 has to attack in 2 rotations while setter is in the front row. The only exception is when the team wants to use backrow attacks from zone 6, then they put the OH who is a better backrow attacker as OH2

• Minas was quite good in 17/18 and won South American Championship against a much better SESC and Gabi was on the other side... I don't think it's fair to reduce his achievements like that... But I agree that he has failed this season

I agree, Novara did a good job last season. Their only missing position was a strong Opp since smarzek flopped which something nobody expected. This year they found a very good Opp to cover their only weakness however this season Caterina flopped badly and this is something Lavarini couldn't expect while forming the team since Cate had such a good performance last season

• I agree, Novara did a good job last season. Their only missing position was a strong Opp since smarzek flopped which something nobody expected. This year they found a very good Opp to cover their only weakness however this season Caterina flopped badly and this is something Lavarini couldn't expect while forming the team since Cate had such a good performance last season

Don’t you think that Karakurt with 36% in last match is a bit of too little to call it very good? I would say it is rather disappointing. She usually plays well against worse teams but in playoffs it won’t work against the top. I would expect her to lead the team to win after all guys here were saying how great this transfer is. But it shows it was not in fact.

• Don’t you think that Karakurt with 36% in last match is a bit of too little to call it very good? I would say it is rather disappointing. She usually plays well against worse teams but in playoffs it won’t work against the top. I would expect her to lead the team to win after all guys here were saying how great this transfer is. But it shows it was not in fact.

Context matters, she got over 70 sets from Hancock, against great defending team - she played well (maybe besides her service game), as in this semifinal in general. That's Egonu or Haak treatment if you expect her to cover all the weaknesses of her team and lead her team to victory on this level, but there's something between ''rather disappointing'' and ''she's not Egonu after all'', and that's a place where Karakurt right now is (very good player after very good season).

If there's someone that perhaps should get more scrutinized while she's not, it's Daalderop, I didn't like her all-round game in these matches against Monza, but with Bosetti being out of shape, Hancock playing so-so, Chirichella being meh, and Daalderop being okay-ish - it shows the messiness of Novar as a team, I guess.

• Most coaches nowadays like to have the OH2 as the main attacker (Leon in Perugia/Poland for example) and to score break points at front row, male or female. OH1's job is mainly to side-out (and not get stuck on rotation 1) but clearly Cate this year just could not do it.

I agree with you that OH1's job is mainly side-out, especially at rotation 1.

Novara started last season with Herbots as OH1 and Bosetti as OH2. However, there were problems with reception. Later, Lavarini switched Bosetti and Herbots and have kept it like this until the 4th set of last night. Last season, Bosetti's attacking was pretty good and side-out wasn't much of a problem. But this year it becomes a huge problem since her attacking efficiency dropped a lot. But Nika's attacking at right side is not good. So he never even tried to use Nika as OH1.

Most teams use their strongest attacking OH as OH1 and 'defensive OH' as OH2 because OH1 has to attack in 2 rotations while setter is in the front row. The only exception is when the team wants to use backrow attacks from zone 6, then they put the OH who is a better backrow attacker as OH2

I think this year most of the pipe attack in Novara was done by the OPP, not the backrow OH. I would rather say it's mostly because of reception, Lavarini kept Bosetti as OH1.

• Context matters, she got over 70 sets from Hancock, against great defending team - she played well (maybe besides her service game), as in this semifinal in general. That's Egonu or Haak treatment if you expect her to cover all the weaknesses of her team and lead her team to victory on this level, but there's something between ''rather disappointing'' and ''she's not Egonu after all'', and that's a place where Karakurt right now is (very good player after very good season).

If there's someone that perhaps should get more scrutinized while she's not, it's Daalderop, I didn't like her all-round game in these matches against Monza, but with Bosetti being out of shape, Hancock playing so-so, Chirichella being meh, and Daalderop being okay-ish - it shows the messiness of Novar as a team, I guess.

In the tiebreak Novara's game started to be very predictable and Monza started to dig Karakurt and had great overall defense, you could see Hancock didn't really feel like there were much options left and she isn't a setter to create wonders. iirc Britt also made some errors and that cost the match pretty much instantly at the final stage.

Well...at the end of the day, that was a close match-up that got decided with a tiebreak in a 3rd match. Both teams did well, someone just had to lose.

I didn't follow the whole league but from the match it felt like a deserved winner and overall better team felt like Monza during the match to me.

• Context matters, she got over 70 sets from Hancock, against great defending team - she played well (maybe besides her service game), as in this semifinal in general. That's Egonu or Haak treatment if you expect her to cover all the weaknesses of her team and lead her team to victory on this level, but there's something between ''rather disappointing'' and ''she's not Egonu after all'', and that's a place where Karakurt right now is (very good player after very good season).

If you read the transfers topic before the season and the hype there was about Ebrar, even that now Novara will dethrone Imoco thanks to Karakurt you will understand what I’m talking about. And when I said it won’t change anything I was attcked by number of users. Where they are now? :lol:

So after all this hype I would be disappointed that they were supposed to win Italian league and they even don’t make it to the final.

• If you read the transfers topic before the season and the hype there was about Ebrar, even that now Novara will dethrone Imoco thanks to Karakurt you will understand what I’m talking about. And when I said it won’t change anything I was attcked by number of users. Where they are now? :lol:

So after all this hype I would be disappointed that they were supposed to win Italian league and they even don’t make it to the final.

So what. Boskovic is possibly one of the best players in the world but her team is a mess as well and was 4th last season in TL and again didn't make the finals. Ebrar did great this season really. She had some flop moments as well but volleyball is a team sport...

Idk what you're referring to but it sounds like something irrelevant to stir the pot 😹